TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasters & their most MESSED up moments

Well the title gives it away, dont think this has been done yet... so I thought it would be neat to kindof start something new here... What coaster moments do you think are the most screwed up? Name the top 3 for you... For me its probably...

1). Hypersonic XLC's Launch (Extremely fast, and powerful)

2). Wicked Twister's backwards twist (This was just a plain sick idea...)

3). Expedtion Everest's Backwards Helix (Surprisingly very disorienting, nauseating, makes you dizzy, and its just crazy!)

-Justin

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The twisting hill on Kanonen is insane:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig2905.htm?picture=30

This entire coaster is pretty messed up which is why its my number one coaster:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig2775.htm?picture=22

The hill that the train just has passed under is like an ejector-air hill, but with high banking so you get insane negative G-forces and insane lateral G-forces at the same time. And its NOT a smooth transition. 37 rides on that coaster in one day left me with a giant bruise on my left side.

Trim brakes on the first descent of any coaster. (Have seen this on Mean Streak)

It's like: Yeah, let's build a really tall woodie and to keep it from breaking itself apart, we'll just install trims down the first hill.

And a childs voice from the background says: Why don't you just make the first hill shorter then?

Engineer: Stupid idea, kid. How you gonna break records that way?

theres a really fast turn on wild beast that isn't banked. You get pushed into the wall of the car and it is not pleasn't

If its the Wild Beast at PCW, then I know what you're talking about. I call it the "ouch turn".

For me, its any time you get stuck on the lift hill. I know it doesn't happen often, but when it does, its a weird feeling. I remember getting stuck on Dueling Dragons: Ice a few years back and my sister was freaking out.

You people seem to just be saying aspects you like rather than weird messed up stuff.

On USF Mummy right after the launch there is an airtime hill with a turn, so when you get to the top of the launch your out of your seat, then get suddenly slamed to the side. Also the part where you stop and go backwards, its such a sudden stop you get thrusted forward and its pretty painfull.

I always thought the third lift on Big Thunder Mtn was messed up. Its the "earthquake" scene so the track pitches from side to side which I think is pretty unique and something I have yet to see on any other coaster.

That first upward turn on Flashback was always the HOLY S*** moment for me at SFMM.

theres a really fast turn on wild beast that isn't banked. You get pushed into the wall of the car and it is not pleasn't

If its the Wild Beast at PCW, then I know what you're talking about. I call it the "ouch turn".

For me, its any time you get stuck on the lift hill. I know it doesn't happen often, but when it does, its a weird feeling. I remember getting stuck on Dueling Dragons: Ice a few years back and my sister was freaking out.

One time on dragon fire (pcw) the train was almost to the top of the hill when for no reason the lift chain shut off. i was up there for 20 minutes. till this day nobody knows why the chain shut off

If a harrowing experience is counted as 'messed up', there was one time I was on a certain looping coaster (I don't think I shall reveal the manufacturer's name) that had ratcheting OTSRs (The ones where the restraint makes a clickety-clack sound when lowered and are infamous for being either too tight or too loose).

After lowering the restraint and clipping on the small seat belt from the bottom of the seat to the bottom of the OTSR, the ride ops checked our restraints whether they are firmly placed. (Of course with ratcheting OTSRs...'firmly placed' means it can still shake only about 1 cm up and down) The train was ready to be dispatched.

And then faintly, I heard a hiss that came from somewhere underneath the train. I thought it was some mechanism that will drive the train out into the lift hill. The ride op was ready to push the button when a kid in the back car suddenly yelled "WAIT!!". Then the ride op calmly told us that she will checking our restraints again.

A question mark popped into my head, and then I tugged at my OTSR and the whole restraint clicked back up. Oh my gosh...we were about to be dispatched through two inversions with unlocked restraints! And I mean, what's the point of the belt-thing on the restraint if it's not going to hold the whole thing down?!! But the matter was resolved quickly and (with locked OTSRs), we were dispatched for a decent ride on the coaster.

Moral of the story:

1. When you feel something is wrong before the ride is dispatched, don't be afraid to scream it out. The ride ops will most probably help you.

2. Hydraulic restraints are always the best!

One time at Holiday World I got stuck on the lifthill of the Raven. We sat there a minute and I looked down and saw my mom looking up at me with a wtf look. I was laughing really hard lol. She thought I was goign to die probably.