TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most ride ops on one coaster?

Whats the most ride ops you have seen on a coaster?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Whats the most ride ops you have seen on a coaster?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7-8
    • 9-10

since ive only been to a couple of parks i have seen just a few coaster and i wondered how many ride ops do you usually see on on coaster?

and which coaster have you seen the most ops and how many?

here in Tusenfryd they have 2 on each coaster an maybe 2 on the very peak times

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really should have higher nmbers than that.

Last weekend on Italian Job (PKD) during a breakdown there were 17 staff members scratching their heads

JEFF

i know but i mean during a normal operation or something similar not during breakdowns cos then u get mechanichs and stuff, and it can get kinnda crowded.

But does more ops make high capacity or do you find it to be a little more chaotic?

I thought six person operation for Slope Shooter last weekend was pretty excessive! (2 passenger cars!)

They had:

One guy assisting loading.

One guy assisting unloading.

One guy at the front of the car holding it in place during loading.

One guy at the foot of the chain lift guiding the cars to the lift.

One guy taking tickets and "being the brakes."

One ride supervisor.

The load / unload guys also pushed the cars out of the station towards the lift.

I'll have the video of this VERY unusual coaster up later today.

the most i have seen is persons on balder at liseberg

they had

1 op taking tickets and measuring heights

1 op switching the lockers for the loose items

3 persons checking bars

1 at the panel

and in addition they had one or two working the crowds but i think they were from guest relations from the look of their uniforms.

and that line didnt have a boring pop machine, it had a fulled staffet snackbar

the poorest staffet was also lisebergsbanan were i think they have a 4 or 5 train operation(im just guessing)

there they had

1 op at the panel

1 op taking tickets and measuring heights

and just 1 op to check the bars. He would just like wait for the gates to close and jog down the train to se that every bars was down if not he would staple you then raise his hand an dispatch(that sound like poor safety policy) and on this ride they encourage you to bring all those bags and items on instead of leaving them on the station and lockers are nonexistent

I think the Hulk has about 6-8 doing the loading and unloading. 1-2 people are in the control room. 1-2 people are in the queue line, checking heights and Universal Express tickets.

Although I didn't actually count heads, I do remember noticing that it seemed there were A LOT of people operating, assisting, etc. on California Screamin' during our visit last summer. If I had to guess, I'd say that there were at least a dozen people. I don't remember noticing so many on previous trips.

Rock N Roller Coaster at Disney/MGM Studios staffs 12 people from what I understand...

1 at greeter

1 at merge (where standy and Fastpass lines meet)

1 in the preshow

2 loading the trains

2 checking restraints

1 in control tower

1 at unload control

1 as exit greeter

2 as breakers

That's got to be the one I've seen staffed with the most employees consitantly.

-Julie

Dueling Dragons used to have up to 27 ops on at any given time when I was there. I doubt they come anywhere near that now though.

4 load (x2)

2 unload (x2)

Controls (x2)

Crowd Control (x2)

Greeter

Spieler

2 sweeps

2 leads

5 breakers

The most on a 'standard' ride- I.E. nothing exceptional about the trains that required special loading was on Tennesee Tornado at Dollywood- I saw six at the train plus one in the booth and another at the exit- they really pushed people through on that one-

Worst staffing: Easily, BatWing at SFA- three operators- Two tuggers and an operator.

All the coasters at TDL and TDS have lost of ride-ops. They are so efficient there, it's unbelievable! I swear, it's like they have two ops on each row to check lap bars and get people in and out as fast as possible.

Yup! Talk about every fastpass distribution machines having one cast member helping the guests!

I think Space Mountain had the most at TDL, while Journey to the Center of the Earth / Indiana Jones at TDS had the most operators.

• 4 weeks later...

Most I ever saw was at Vortex. We had severe overstaffing for about 20 minutes - and had 3 on load and 4 on unload, plus one in the box. That is eight operators! It actually slowed us down.

As far as ops ON a roller coaster - I have seen an entire train load.