TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

All US Premier LIM coasters are closed until further notice

^ I agree.

Maybe, same ride...different layout? I'm thinking.... custom spaghetti bowl.

I was thinking something along the lines of either an Impulse or a dueling Wild Mouse or something, but that might be thinking too far out of the box. I was going with taking out Stuntman's Freefall and putting in an Intamin GyroDrop and then doing the Chiller thing. Since Six Flags is going more family oriented, I thought they might go the Wild Mouse route.

I thinking about this stuff way too much.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone see this post (or posted) that occured (June 3rd)??

http://www.gainsider.com/

This is official information from the park regarding the incident and status of Chiller.

At approximately 12:15 p.m., a train on one of our coasters stopped during its cycle. The train was 8-10 feet above the ground with 20 passengers on board. Maintenance and safety personnel immediately responded. Within 15 min. all guests were unloaded from the ride.

Our maintenance and engineering teams will conduct a thorough investigation to determine exactly what caused the coaster to stop. All safety systems functioned properly.

Has this ever happened before - No

The train sustained some damage, but our engineers are out there as we speak conducting an investigation to determine exactly what caused the coaster to stop.

The ride will remain shut down, we've notified the state and will keep the ride closed until they have inspected the ride and cleared it to open.

We wanted to get the official word out to try and curb crazy speculation. We will post any further information as we receive it.

^A report from Screamscape and a couple of other sites state that a wheel carrier unit may have failed on the 3rd axle. Could be a fatigue issue or other failure but there was a couple of pics floating around.

Link: (No credit on who took the photo)

http://img289.imageshack.us/img289/1545/hpim14440mh.jpg

and: http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1170/hpim14686ns.jpg

A little birdie told me that the last car on Robin actually detached from the rest of the train and bounced back and forth. The two pieces continuously smacked each other and in the end 3 people were sent to the hospital. It was definitely more serious than people know it to be.

Your little birdie is wrong.

The "incident" was nothing that major. Had a car become detached there would have been serious injuries and it would be all over news media. While this was more than a ride saddling, it was relatively minor.

That little birdie is smoking crack cocaine..lol

If that was the case, it more than likely be in a news media outlet already and/or on a amusement park forum with credits from the author. I never understand how "little birdies" can come up with an incident like this without giving a link to its source or media link.

One thing leads to another and a maintenance expection on Nitro turns into "a wheel came off", or Kingda Ka being shut down turns into "someone had a heart attack and died". That is just how it goes. You can't believe everything that you hear and rumors get tossed around and turn into a game of telephone.

However, I still think that Chiller is more trouble than it is worth, and I almost hate myself for saying that.

Well, I know you all are going to hate this news but.

I went to SFA yesterday, (6/4/06) and indeed Jokers Jinx was closed.

The trains were on the track, but no one was to be seen in the station or around the ride.

I was also at SFA with my gf on the 4th, and can confirm that Joker's Jynx was closed.

Where is the source you got the information from? Because there are about 4 different variations of what happened and their is only one scenario that appears to be a solid lead so far....post a link or source where the information is coming from. Another "birdie"? ...*shaking head* lol

Who happens to be a brother's best friend's uncle's cousin's ex-wife's nephew's girlfriends neighbor's sister-in-law's great-grand uncle's step-son, right?

Sounds pretty suspicious to me, especially since, yeah, if something like that happened, we'd definitely have local media all over it.

Who happens to be a brother's best friend's uncle's cousin's ex-wife's nephew's girlfriends neighbor's sister-in-law's great-grand uncle's step-son, right?

Sounds pretty suspicious to me, especially since, yeah, if something like that happened, we'd definitely have local media all over it.

No, its a personal friend of mine who has no reason to lie.

Seems no one noticed what I posted.

Freeze in St. Louis will not be open for a month or so. I work at the ride, and now am working at other rides (Boss, Eagle, etc.) till our Freeze comes back up. I am pretty sure they are just waiting on delievery of parts, as I am sure the other SF Premier LIMs are too.