TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weird Coaster Facts

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anything know about the rumour that canada's wonderland was going to get a b&m invert but because they were within a 100 mi radius of cedar point, they were not allowed. Because of this we got an SLC headbanger instead?

also similar situation for B&M floorless?

507521127_Screenshot2016-06-19at1_07_13PM.png.447281c72cb0a7602816495ed6cf444d.png

Eh, no

Don't know if this is a weird fact but...

When Dorney went to submit the plans for hydra, they presented three layouts. Two were denied because they went to close to the lake and to the homes, so they went with the current layout.

When Dorney went to submit the plans for hydra, they presented three layouts. Two were denied because they went to close to the lake and to the homes, so they went with the current layout.

No, not weird, but I do wander where the other designs went and if they were used for another coaster.

No, not weird, but I do wander where the other designs went and if they were used for another coaster.

The other plans just wandered off.

There are only 11 coasters that have both an immelmann and dive loop.

1. Anubis: The Ride

2. Cannibal

3. Dare Devil Dive

4. Hair Raiser

5. Iron Shark

6. Krater(Iron Shark clone)

7. Monster

8. OzIris

9. Saw- The Ride

10. Takabisha

11. Valravn

7 Gerstlauers, 3 B&Ms and 1 In-House

I'm not counting GateKeeper because its an inclined dive loop.

For some reason RCDB only lists Iron Shark having one inversion, the immelmann

The other plans just wandered off.

When Tusenfryd first announced Speedmonster the concept art was showing 4 inversions. It also said so in the text. However at one point the first corkscrew was changed to an S-hill.

LINK (see bottom of page): http://www.coastersandmore.de/previews/speedmonster/speedmonster.shtml

Edited by viking86

^ Linking pics from Coasters&More doesn't work.

Go there and scroll down to Intamin.

But on the same topic, if you ever purchased the onride photo on Balder, you can notice a layout that is slighlty different than the real one. I suppose it was an earlier version. Notice the straight first drop and the two camel-backs instead of the pointy one just after the first U-turn.

(personal pic)

Here are some B&M facts.

Hydra and Oblivion- The Black Hole are the only B&Ms that have a heartline row. In addition to that Hyrda is the only B&M to invert before the lift hill and Oblivion-The Black Hole reused the name of two Alton Tower coasters. Banshee and OzIris are the only B&M inverted coasters that don't have a corkscrew while Dæmonen and Hair Raiser are the only floorless coasters that don't have a corkscrew. Banshee is also the only B&M inverted coaster to have do a in-line twist. Wildfire is the only B&M sitting down coaster that doesn't have a zero-g roll. I supposed you can say the two camera's in different spots on Raptor (CP) is a weird fact. Why does Raptor have the 2 camera's in different spots anyway? I've never understood why it has 2.

Edited by 9Armgeddon4

...and Oblivion-The Black Hole ripped off two Alton Tower coasters.

That's not even close to a fact. Merlin owns both Alton Towers and Gardaland so they can use whichever park I.P. they want in either - just like Nemesis and Nemesis Inferno. Also, the black hole theme is literally stuff getting sucked into a black hole at the bottom of the drop, and doesn't have anything to do with the Jet-Star-in-a-box that used to be at Alton Towers.

• 1 month later...
Six Flags was originally going to buy the Coney Island Cyclone and move it to Astroworld. Six Flags decided to build a bigger version of the Cyclone and called it Texas Cyclone.

Can you imagine what could of happened if the Coney Island Cyclone got moved to Astroworld?

Not that long ago I read that when Coney Island was going to sell the Cyclone to Astroworld,they were going to replace it with an Arrow Corkscrew !!!

I have some fun facts regarding Batman clones.

The clone at Six Flags St. Louis is the only mirrored version that operates with 8-car trains as opposed to 7.

On the other hand, the clone at Parque Warner Madrid is the only regular (non-mirrored) version that operates with 7-car trains as opposed to 8.

Lightning at Kuwait Entertainment City is the outlier. It is a regular version, however it operates with 6-car trains.

Edit: Also, Lightning is the only Batman clone to have magnetic brakes.

Here's another Batman The Ride weird fact. The only city where you can ride two Batman The Ride clones is San Antonio. The parks are Six Flags Fiesta Texas(Goliath) and SeaWorld San Antonio(Great White) and neither are actually called Batman The Ride.

Here's another Batman The Ride weird fact. The only city where you can ride two Batman The Ride clones is San Antonio. The parks are Six Flags Fiesta Texas(Goliath) and SeaWorld San Antonio(Great White) and neither are actually called Batman The Ride.

However, you can ride another clone called Batman: The Ride.

:nina:

Was there a reason why the name was changed to Goliath after it was relocated from SFNO? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe its the only BTR clone in the Six Flags chain not called Batman The Ride.

No idea on the name change, but Le Vampire at La Ronde is another "not named BTR" BTR clone in the Six Flags chain.

Not all the clones are the same height, range from 100ft to 111ft
This isn't so surprising. The height could be influenced by topography without the layout changing one bit.

Not all the clones are the same length, range from 2500ft to 2700ft.
This one has always struck me as bizarre. I have trouble calling it a clone if the layout is different (with the exception of a mirror image). There would be a bunch of engineering considerations for the layout rather than just putting it down somewhere and figuring out the supports.

• 1 month later...