TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weird Coaster Facts

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The three most northernly-located coasters in the world - the only ones above 64°N latitude - are all Big Apple/Wacky Worm layouts.

They are (not making these names up, I swear):

1. Mato Mainio at Vauhtipuisto in Northern Ostrobothnia, Finland;

2. Kålmasken at Lycksele Djurpark in Brännbergsvägen, Sweden

3. Caterpillar at Fun Yard in Arkhangelsk, Russia.

The most southernly-located coaster in the world is also the oldest continuously-operated coaster in the world: Scenic Railway at Luna Park in Melbourne, Australia.

• 5 months later...
^Chang? The park was originally Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom.

Wait...what? Chang was installed and operating at Kentucky Kingdom before the property was sold to Premier Parks (and shortly thereafter became a Six Flags branded property)

Aside from Chang, every B&M Stand-Up was built at either a Six Flags or a Cedar Fair park.

Actually the only stand up Cedar Fair BUILT was Mantis. Carowinds built Vortex during the Paramount era and Marriott still ran Great America when they installed their's.

^Chang? The park was originally Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom.

Wait...what? Chang was installed and operating at Kentucky Kingdom before the property was sold to Premier Parks (and shortly thereafter became a Six Flags branded property)

This is what I was going at, but I guess that same argument applies to the Vortexes as the poster above me said, so I was wrong.

Hydra is the only B&M Floorless coaster without a vertical loop.

Both Six Flags Great America and Busch Gardens Williamsburg are the only parks to receive two custom Arrow Custom Loopers. Both parks had the latter of the two custom loopers removed (Shockwave and Drachen Fire) while their firsts are still standing. Also both parks had one of them modified (Demon's vertical loops added and, Drachen Fire's corkscrew removed).

• 2 weeks later...
People got married on Goliath at Six Flags Magic Mountain. The ceremony was at the top of the lift, and then they rode Goliath.

There's also been a marriage and at least one proposal on Tremors, plus a proposal on Panic Plunge. Guy got her on the ride and at the last minute after her restraint was locked, he got off. She rode and when it came back down he was on one knee and asked her.

I "think" it still holds this unique fact but Fire Dragon(as it was known when built) at islands of adventure, it was the first B&M inverted coaster NOT to have an inline twist, all other inverters have them and I believe it still holds this unique fact about the ride today

The black hole at Alton towers was not simply retired at Alton, according to inside knowledge, the real reason it went is because health and safety demanded Alton install a new evacuation platform, even though it had been there for 20 years previously without Any problems, alton had planned to get rid of the ride from 2006 but due to the costs involved, it was deemed too cost effective to keep for one more season so they decided to retire the ride early hence why it suddenly sat there for a whole season SBNO

• 1 month later...

Got one

El Toro actually has a new boost mode that maintenance can use in the morning for the first few test runs. When the boost is activated, the lift hill doesn't slow down at the top. It flies over without slowing down how it used to in 2006 which helps the train clear the course a little easier.

People got married on Goliath at Six Flags Magic Mountain. The ceremony was at the top of the lift, and then they rode Goliath.

There's also been a marriage and at least one proposal on Tremors, plus a proposal on Panic Plunge. Guy got her on the ride and at the last minute after her restraint was locked, he got off. She rode and when it came back down he was on one knee and asked her.

When SFA got Wild One back in 1986 there was a wedding on it,and if I remember correctly the bride had actually been a ride op for the coaster a few years earlier when it was at Paragon Park.

• 2 weeks later...

In the Early 80s, Arrow went with Vekoma to sell coasters international which was one of Arrow's biggest mistakes.

In 2013, Rocky Mountain Construction signed a deal with Vekoma to sell Rocky Mountain Construction's roller coasters outside the North American market.

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

In the Early 80s, Arrow went with Vekoma to sell coasters international which was one of Arrow's biggest mistakes.

In 2013, Rocky Mountain Construction signed a deal with Vekoma to sell Rocky Mountain Construction's roller coasters outside the North American market.

Vekoma stole arrow's designs, and they'll probably ruin RMC. Hope they've got a few tricks they aren't willing to share. Maybe someone should call RMC and warn them

Vekoma stole arrow's designs, and they'll probably ruin RMC. Hope they've got a few tricks they aren't willing to share. Maybe someone should call RMC and warn them

I only hope that RMC put in a clause that if they can't copy the track or something.

I only hope that RMC put in a clause that if they can't copy the track or something.

We will soon know in about 4 years time when the Vekoma hybrid coaster comes out!!