TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weird Coaster Facts

Back in 2000, One of the new coaster designs from Arrow Dynamics was called the Arrow-BATic. This rides proposed first installation was at the adventuredome in Las Vegas. This ride was an inverted wild mouse able to preform numerous inversions. Blueprints were drawn up and this would have been built utilizing the upper deck area outside of the rear of the dome (with the ride footprint over the rear parking lot. Some of the elements included the same rollover like the first inversions of the SLC. An inverted flag pole (kinda like a chance tobaggen ) and several heart line rolls. Circus circus was Affraid of making that kind of capital investment and tried to get arrow to foot part of the bill. For a percentage of profits. This didn't fly and the plans were scrapped. (Instead the park put in the chaos ride).

My wife used to be the admin for the head ride engineer and knowing my love for coasters, he gave me all of the blueprints for the ride. They are currently somewhere in a box in my garage...

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in 2000, One of the new coaster designs from Arrow Dynamics was called the Arrow-BATic. This rides proposed first installation was at the adventuredome in Las Vegas. This ride was an inverted wild mouse able to preform numerous inversions.

This one?

^^^ that's the one. But completely different layout.

Adventuredome had. Hairpin turns after the station. Lift hill. Dive into half loop rollover half loop (like the SLC). Brake run. Then flag pole down ward spiral. Then I think 2 heart line rolls back to the station. I might be missing something but it's been years since I've drooled over the blue prints.

Top Thrill Dragster's morning operations are dependent on the prior day's weather and operations. If the weather was bad before the park opened or if it broke down the day before, they'll open it at half-capacity and gradually add more people as the ride warms up.

I noticed that during our visit in 2008. They started with 4 persons, then 6 and so on.

Top Thrill Dragster's morning operations are dependent on the prior day's weather and operations. If the weather was bad before the park opened or if it broke down the day before, they'll open it at half-capacity and gradually add more people as the ride warms up.

I noticed that during our visit in 2008. They started with 4 persons, then 6 and so on.

I have been there on days when they launch 2 at a time! Then after a few launches, you would see 2 more people, etc.

Maybe not that weird but it's one of my favorite coaster quirks: Gemini at Cedar Point has small, old-looking light up signs to indicate whether or not the trims are on.

Edit: They say, and light up, "Trims Brakes Off" just remembered that.

Edited by firewalk13

I have been there on days when they launch 2 at a time! Then after a few launches, you would see 2 more people, etc.

This is done to warm up the launch system on colder days (it's crazy how a few degrees can affect a coaster from barley making it to being way to fast.) and has nothing to do with whether the ride was down the day prior or not. It would rollback constantly on cold days if you loaded an a full train after empty trains. There's a big scientific answer behind this but I do not want to write a novel.

The signs are, if I remember correctly, mounted on a structural pillar to the right and left of the ride operators who are seated on the little raised platforms just to the left/right of the front cars. I was looking for a pic earlier and really wished I'd taken my own when I've been there

Fiesta Texas planned to build a Giovanola drve machine over the cliff face in the early 2000s. The plan actually went far enough that they began construction by blasting off small segments of the cliff face. The plans fell through and the coaster moved to Dallas where it became Titan.

- Fiesta Texas would be a great candidate for a dive machine/eurofighter off the side of the cliff.

^ They planned a to build Togo at a time as well:

Source

Other random facts:

- Flight of Fear was designed with a totally flat MCBR, making the train to stall in case of an e-stop. (don't know if they did something)

- Nemesis Inferno is the only B&M that hit the lift using its natural speed. All other B&M have tires to synchronize the grip and makes it smoother.

- Oblivion and Diving Machine G5 are slighly different. The english ride has flat turns at the top and after the brakes, and thus uses a sideway chain lift to pull the train (I think it's the only coaster in the world to feature that). G5 however, has slightly slanted turns, and so doesn't need any mechanisms.

- Casey Jr. - Le Petit Train du Cirque is the first coaster using an onboard audio. It's also the first and only Vekoma e-powered.

- B&M Inverted coasters are said to be inspired by chairlifts. (Damn I should have asked that at the EAS..! Ropeways are my passion as well.)

- Speaking of ropeways; Giovanola, Doppelmayr, Swiss Rides (BMF), Soquet, Compagnie des Alpes (Parc Astérix, Walibi...) and some other companies have a business both in the amusement industry and in the ropeway industry.

Edited by KingRCT3

- Nemesis Inferno is the only B&M that hit the lift using its natural speed. All other B&M have tires to synchronize the grip and makes it smoother.

Doesn't hydra also do this? It doesn't have any drive tires on the bottom of the lift.

Bobbejaan Schoepen, the founder of Bobbejaanland, lived till his death a few years ago, together with his wife, who died only a few months ago, in their house IN Bobbejaanland. When they sold the park to Parques Reunidos in 2004, one of the conditions in the contract, was that they could still live in the park.