TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Good-bye California, Hello Arkansas!

I know it's been a while since I've posted, but my life has been quite crazy lately. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am moving to Arkansas at the end of June due to a family situation. It's a huge change, considering I've never lived outside the Los Angeles area, but I'm all for something new. Plus it won't be too hard settling in since my mom's entire family is out there (yes, Mexicans truly are everywhere ). Anyway, wish me luck, everyone, and I hope to once again be an active member of these awesome boards.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Badges!!! We dont need no stinking badges!!"

Your avatar reminded me of that line!!

Good luck with your move!! Hope you adapt to your new area/life well!!

Going from Cali To Arkansas is like going from 200 mph to 20 mph!!

I pretty much experienced this when I moved to Colorado!! Everything is slower paced! Took me a while to get used to going from hustle bustle lifestyle of SoCal to the hokey pokey dokey slowness of Colorado!! Lets hope you enjoy the change more then I did!!

Adios scenic mountains of California, hello flatlands of Arkansas. That's a big move alright! I have lived in CA for a long time, and even though some people dislike it here, I love it! Yes, there is the occasional Earthquake, but I would be more concerned about seeing a Tornado spinning towards my home.

Good Luck on your move to Arkansas! You will now have access to a new variety of great theme parks in nearby states. (Especially Dollywood!!! in your neighbor state of Tennessee) Also, you're close to the amazing city of New Orleans! (The French Quarter, Fat Tuesday, Jazz Fest Etc...) Overall, change is often a good thing, enjoy it!

^Well at least with a tornados, most the time you are pretty much forwarned of its impending doom and can take cover!!

All earthquakes sneek up on you like a thief in the night robbing a blind defmute!! Not to mention a tornado is selective in where it attacks where as an earthquake just takes out a very large area at a time!

Also not to mention earthquakes comes back for seconds, thirds, fourths, and so on(Aftershocks)!! It's voratious appatite for destruction is very overwelming and widespread!!

^Yes, but imagine its 2:30am and your fast asleep.......Suddenly you're rudely awakened by the sound of a distant Air Horn, warning you of Impending Doom! You rush to your bedroom window and stare into the night, but its pitch black outside. You can't see the Tornado as it heads towards your home, coming closer, and closer, until finally you see it tearing apart your neighbors home!

As you rush to your basement, you hear what sounds like Ten Freight Trains rushing thru your home! The Tornado proceeds to rip it apart and scatters your irreplaceable belongings all over your neighborhood. You quickly find God, and prey that you will somehow survive!

I'm not in any way defending Earthquakes (I've lived thru several of them) but at least with Earthquakes you can often retrieve your irreplaceable possessions (Photos, Family Heirlooms Etc...) But if a Tornado blows apart your home, many of your belongings may be gone forever.

Ya SoCal has its ups and downs in the form of EARTHQUAKES!!!!!

That is one thing I DO NOT MISS!!! Can you imagine being up in the tower when a biggy hits?!! I would either die or pass out!!

Hey, Memphis is on a pretty big fault line!

It's nice to have some people moving towards the mid-south, and hey, you've got Magic Springs!!

^^ I know that I was being a bit overly dramatic. But man when you listen to an eyewitness's description of what it was like to actually experience a Tornado first hand. Then you see those images on TV showing an entire neighborhood literally flattened, that's a scary site to behold.

Seems to me like, wherever you live, you are more apt to prefer to live with the types of natural disasters you get in that area, am I right? Living in TN we get tornaodes, so I'd rather have to deal with tornadoes than earthquakes or hurricanes. But it seems like most Californians say that they'd rather deal with earthquakes than tornadoes or hurricanes. I never seem to hear people on the coasts saying they prefer hurricanes though!

-Julie

Ya SoCal has its ups and downs in the form of EARTHQUAKES!!!!!

That is one thing I DO NOT MISS!!! Can you imagine being up in the tower when a biggy hits?!! I would either die or pass out!!

Hey, Memphis is on a pretty big fault line!

It's nice to have some people moving towards the mid-south, and hey, you've got Magic Springs!!

Ya but its not as active in that area as SoCal is! SoCal is riddled with thousands of fault lines!!

• 3 months later...

Quick update! Been here in NW Arkansas for about a month now, and I LOVE IT! I kick myself more every day for not moving sooner. I got a great job (making hell of a lot more than I was before!) and my family and I are looking into buying a home. Here are some pics, wish us luck!

back_yard.jpg.01f9c88c82028b4e29b4cd4b318bdf20.jpg

What a view! Hard to believe this house is less than 300 grand!

2nd_floor_living_area.jpg.e9dd52aa5b9ec6cf594279885611e03a.jpg

upstairs (yes, UPSTAIRS!) living room

kitchen_from_living_room.jpg.f0f59a552a1c21f02f95b3a1d7e2fd99.jpg

kitchen

dining_room.jpg.4392a990032930343970b0cc05e22b52.jpg

dining room

back_of_house.jpg.3595aae1d7938b497b5794be2d5e6ae2.jpg

back view

front.jpg.cfb6bbc8b49a330ae7ff328775f32c51.jpg

front view