2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

That's what you really want to keep in mind. Do your job, keep the conversation light and drama-free, and collect the check. You'll have a better working environment and career that way.

Good point, Terry...if someone asks me if I'm gay, I'll tell them. I just don't go out of my way to tell people - my personal life is really none of their business.

No one at work has outright asked me anyway. I have a nice repoir with my work-mates and they all know about my partner and have met him outside of work. Biggest surprise was when a group of us went on a company bus trip to Toronto and Michael and I bumped into one of the company employees in a gay strip club...now THAT was interesting!

BTW...nice to finally see some of the lesbians coming forth in the group!

That was cute.

After reading the past few pages, I have to say it's been interesting in seeing how people feel about 'how they show' who they are...

I've not been 'in the closet' since I was 17, lo those many years ago. But for some of us, we are 'stealth'- I.E. If you met me and were to talk to me randomly, you'd never expect it.

For example: I'm an AVID NHL fan- and used to play amateur hockey. I love sports- and have every ESPN channel known (And I think a few that are 'unknown'). I wear proudly my Doc Martens and Fred Perry shirts.

You will find me at the ESPN Zone rather than the Eagle (DC and Rick and Steve reference!) I've been to all three Lilith Fairs. I play softball.

Never EVER let yourself lose who you are to be an image of something you're not. We're all special, we're all different.

Stereotypes are for people with no imagination.

As for hiding it- only if YOU choose to do so. Sometimes it's a good defense, and sometimes all it does is close you up like a book.

^^^I hear you...I am the same way! I also love sports and am a huge NHL fan (see avatar - go Sabres!) and like all sports. My partner and I usually go to at least one Bills and Sabres game per year (I would go to more if we were closer and could afford it). We tend to hang out at a straight local watering hole as opposed to the two local gay bars. We will go to a gay bar occasionally, but the bar we go to has the best wings in town and I am also good friends with the owner!

My musical tastes are not what you would consider stereotypical gay. I am not into musicals and showtunes, but will go to shows because my partner enjoys them. We tend to split the musical tastes as I prefer rock, heavy metal, and pop and he likes classical, oldies and showtunes.

I don't wear tight fitting clothes or loose baggy garb. Normally, I will be in a Sabres sweatshirt or jersey or wearing Levi's and a t-shirt.

Needless to say, people tend to not think that I am gay and are usually surprised when they ask or find out. When you live in a rural area such as we do, people still think gays are all limp-wristed prancers that emphasize the 's' in words...not that there is anything wrong with that!!!

I like Ovechkin for his awesome skills - 'cept for that cheap shot on Briere a few years ago when Danny played for the Sabres.

Yeah, I agree with this discussion being off topic so...back to our regularly scheduled program:

HOORAY FOR BEING GAY! WOOT WOOT! LOVIN' THE GAY!!!

Just heard on the radio. About an early composer.

"...gay as a picnic basket."

Um - I'm gay, and I don't get it. I think.

So, does that then mean "straight as a .... paperbag lunch"?

"gay as a picnic Basket..."

Also used in a Golden Girls Episode when referring to Blanche's Brother.... (Said by Sophia after talking to Clayton (the Brother) and telling Dorothy that she knew)

Also Acceptable:

Gay as a Three Dollar Bill

Gay as the Day is Long

(I, of course, am writing this on a Virgin Airbus 320 returning from San Fransisico.... So i've got NO room to talk!)

^My friends and I would just use a made-up feminine name that describes them.

When my old roommate got arrested by the FBI for using someone else's Social Security Number on an airline security form, we referred to him as "Felonia".

When my ex started dating this ugly guy with braids, my best friend said he looked like "the Predator"... thus his new name became "Predtina" . This then became a name for anyone fitting this description.

Doesn't work all the time though. Felonia's husband is just named Quark because he looked like him... big ears and jagged teeth!

Terry

• 3 weeks later...