2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

Congratulations!!

I'm jealous - I want to be married so bad, and I don't even know why! At least we're almost legal in Maryland!

I am with you on that one! Well besides my mom wanting to see me married hehe. Sucks we are sooooo close in Maryland and they keep dangling it right in our face!!!

Well we live in Georgia so it isn't legal here yet but that isn't going to stop us from doing it. We feel that it is not up to the law to tell us we can't marry each other just because they don't like it. We love each other and want to spend our life together and that is what matters most!

I'm not sure if i posted this here or not, but I am gay. I've been out for about six months now.

Congrats!!

Thank You!

My life life in general has just become better since i came out. I even feel like my relationship with my family (especially my mom, we kinda were drifting apart) has gotten better.

What? I have no clue what you're talking about....

But congrats!

(To be honest, I'm not exactly out, except for here really.)

I just realized that you're not who I was thinking of, and I remembered the other person's username! Sorry about that!

But congrats on being at least partially out!

• 2 weeks later...
Did all the Gaga fans see? Target will no longer be selling the deluxe version of Born This Way. She feels they have not supported the gay community enough to get the opportunity to sell that version of the album.

That's a bunch of bull that was completely and utterly blown out of proportion... being gay and having worked at Target for several years myself, I can honestly say there are not many companies of their size who do AS MUCH for the larger community as a whole than Target. They offer full Partner benefits, including insurance and discounts... It's a very gay friendly company that did not deserve the flak they received for it.

Could they have done more research on it? Definitely. But I don't think a donation to a PAC should erase 20 years of Target promoting the gay community, personally.

Well I'm not gay, I'm perfectly straight, but one of my best friends came out and told me he was gay recently. It's been nothing short of extremely awkward since. Well, I am not totally sure where to go from here with this but maybe somebody out there has some advice or could shed some light on this for me? I am by no means against homosexuality, it's just an awkward situation right now. Thanks in advance.

Well I'm not gay, I'm perfectly straight, but one of my best friends came out and told me he was gay recently. It's been nothing short of extremely awkward since. Well, I am not totally sure where to go from here with this but maybe somebody out there has some advice or could shed some light on this for me? I am by no means against homosexuality, it's just an awkward situation right now. Thanks in advance.

Honestly, there really should be no difference. He was honest with you and must trust you as a friend. Your relationship should remain the same. He is still the same person no matter who he chooses to love. It may be ackward to talk about at first but if you are willing to give it a shot and he brings it up then try to talk about it with him.

I guess it depends on what you are considering akward. Akward as your afraid he'll hit on you, people will assume your gay since you hang around with him, or that you will say something that might offend him? I'm sure you two are best friends for a reason other then talking about girls. He came out to you since he feels he can trust you with one of his biggest secrets. And I'm sure he knows of some of problems he may face in high school once others find out. When I first came out to my friends, there was a bit of akwardness, but as we continued to hang out it's just like old times now. Two of my friends were more upset that they heard I was gay from other people then directly from me.

But if you want to be his friend. I'd suggest having a talk with him. Let him know you have been feeling a little akward ever since he came out, but that you want to overcome the akwardness so you can continue being best friends. I'm sure he can see things haven't been right between you two since he told you. And that he hopes he didn't lose a friendship over it.

tdub - I know from experience that coming out to your closest friends is TERRIFYING. Just be supportive and be his friend - that's what he needs. Being a gay teenager is just plain tough. He needs friends and a support network.

Thanks for asking - it shows that you are truly a good friend of his.

Did all the Gaga fans see? Target will no longer be selling the deluxe version of Born This Way. She feels they have not supported the gay community enough to get the opportunity to sell that version of the album.

That's a bunch of bull that was completely and utterly blown out of proportion... being gay and having worked at Target for several years myself, I can honestly say there are not many companies of their size who do AS MUCH for the larger community as a whole than Target. They offer full Partner benefits, including insurance and discounts... It's a very gay friendly company that did not deserve the flak they received for it.

Could they have done more research on it? Definitely. But I don't think a donation to a PAC should erase 20 years of Target promoting the gay community, personally.

I agree completely. The gay community is overreacting. I mean, a letter of concern to the company is not out of line, but all this is just crazy.

Alright thanks a lot guys. I've talked to him about it a bit since, and I said that as long as he doesn't try to cross the straight line on me, it should be alright. However, I don't really see us going back to being best buds right away. I have to get comfortable about this first. Its kinda hard for me.

like jynx242 said, Be supportive, and just because he is gay does not make him any different then before.

The same thing happened with me, but, he wanted to be more then friends with me, and he knew at the time I was seeing someone. So we unfortunately drifted because of that. . . I feel bad though, because he does deserve someone great.