2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

This is the first time I clicked into the Random Forum, and I have to say I was shocked and unsure when I saw this thread first.

But after looking over it I have to say "THANK GOD!!!!!" I thought this was going to be 250+ pages of mindless debates of don't ask, don't tell, marriage, etc. Anyway, contributing my opinion:

I'm straight. I think we should look at gays as we look at other minorities (in an accepting way, of course). I don't think its a decision to be gay. It frustrates me when people say "Eww, it's their choice!!" I don't want to sound rude, but the stereotypical gay voice or different thought process is a definite genetic difference. Just as being tall or short, skinny or larger. Come on people, use some common sense! Accept everyone in who they are. To be quite honest, I don't care what you do or say, just as long as it doesn't harm anyone physically or mentally (especially me LOL!).

This is the first time I clicked into the Random Forum, and I have to say I was shocked and unsure when I saw this thread first.

But after looking over it I have to say "THANK GOD!!!!!" I thought this was going to be 250+ pages of mindless debates of don't ask, don't tell, marriage, etc. Anyway, contributing my opinion:

I'm straight. I think we should look at gays as we look at other minorities (in an accepting way, of course). I don't think its a decision to be gay. It frustrates me when people say "Eww, it's their choice!!" I don't want to sound rude, but the stereotypical gay voice or different thought process is a definite genetic difference. Just as being tall or short, skinny or larger. Come on people, use some common sense! Accept everyone in who they are. To be quite honest, I don't care what you do or say, just as long as it doesn't harm anyone physically or mentally (especially me LOL!).

Thank you! I wish all straight people thought like you.

^^That's a really good perspective. It would be nice if more people were as sensible and understanding.

Thanks! A lot of my mindset comes from having a neighbor who is Muslim. His views are so restricted. Do this, not that. Eat this, not that. I would not want to live my life bound so closely to a book, rather just have it there for guidance (a sort of help-as-necessary type thing). I don't want to offend Muslims, but does a book written over a thousand years ago need to be interpreted word for word?

^I think it's amazing how people try to use religious texts to justify antiquated laws. I view it as being similar to speed limits. In the early 1900s, the speed limit in Connecticut was 12MPH. With the exception of parking lots and driveways, I don't think you'll find a speed limit that low today. Although religious texts don't change, society does and public policies need to keep up.

• 3 weeks later...
^ There are plenty of people to hang out with at WCB...its a *huge* TPR event!

I figured there was but since I don't know anyone and I would be going by myself I would like to meet up with some people I can identify with. I don't want to show up to a group of like 300 people and not know anyone to hang with.

In any case send me a PM if you're interested in meeting up and hanging out for a day of coasters.

Edited by ArizonaGuy

• 2 weeks later...

Trust me - you will have NO PROBLEM. TPR is so damned Gay Friendly that you can't swing a cat at an event or on a trip without hitting at least 5 of us! Wish I could go this year, but vacation time is limited (boyfriend doesn't get nearly the time off I do) so we're waiting until next year. If you can make it go Atlanta for Easter, you can meet some TPR Gays at Six Flags for my annual Godless Heathen Birthday weekend

d.

I think if you show up to the TPR event early and have a social attitude, you will link up with some very cool people in seconds. WCB is a very mixed crowd and unlike some other parts of the country we are very open and casual. For an example, just look at the stats on this thread. According to this, almost a third of TPR is GLBT and even regardless of that, everybody is super nice at WCB.

OMG a trip to Atlanta would be awesome. SFOG is a park I've been wanting to hit for years but the ex bf never wanted to go to Georgia.

Well if he is an ex then heck with him! I say go if you want! I much prefer my BFs to wanna travel to parks. If not I have to REALLY like them lol.

OMG a trip to Atlanta would be awesome. SFOG is a park I've been wanting to hit for years but the ex bf never wanted to go to Georgia.

Well if he is an ex then heck with him! I say go if you want! I much prefer my BFs to wanna travel to parks. If not I have to REALLY like them lol.

My ex and I actually visited a lot of parks together since he likes amusement parks and coasters too. He just doesn't like the south or the State of Georgia. Dunno why...but oh well.

^ Um - okay? She's great so RAVE ON!

^^ The way I think of Georgia - Atlanta, Savannah and Athens = AWESOME GEORGIA. The rest of the state, not so much . Atlanta isn't called the San Francisco of the South for nothing, you know.