2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

^Welcome to my world.

^^I will never want in any way to be a part of the armed forces either. Not against it, but I just don't do physical activity. Sit me in front of a good piano and I'll be content all day with it. And I have heard that one! It actually brings one of my friends to mind...Like they're trying to prove something.

Well, there is always being a piano player in the army band field. ITs realy, I guarantee you, and worth the steady paycheck and benefits.

^Welcome to my world.

^^I will never want in any way to be a part of the armed forces either. Not against it, but I just don't do physical activity. Sit me in front of a good piano and I'll be content all day with it. And I have heard that one! It actually brings one of my friends to mind...Like they're trying to prove something.

Well, there is always being a piano player in the army band field. ITs realy, I guarantee you, and worth the steady paycheck and benefits.

But thoe pianos are abused! And have laminated soundboards But worst of all, I bet none of them are Steinways or Bosendorfers!

I'm not cut out for it.

EDIT: I would be traumatized anyway if anyone bought a Steinway for that much abuse.....

^Welcome to my world.

But thoe pianos are abused! And have laminated soundboards But worst of all, I bet none of them are Steinways or Bosendorfers!

I'm not cut out for it.

EDIT: I would be traumatized anyway if anyone bought a Steinway for that much abuse.....

I'm not sure what you mean by abused. Qualtiy, profesional quality instruments are used by all military musical organazatins. After all, military musicians are profesionals in their own right and use qualtiy level instruments.

^I know they are professionals, I was referring to the musicians that would travel large distances with their own instruments that would be exposed to different climates, temperatures, etc. I call that abuse if it is done exceedingly often. Concert pianists non-affiliated with the military often will only transport their own instrument only in a specific area, and use concert halls' or other venue's instruments if they are going abroad. I wasn't talking about the musicians, just the way a traveling piano might be "abused." I don't really know if they do it like other pianists. The laminated soundboards was just kind of out of place looking back on it and I apologize for my brain fart.