2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

Im straight! But very open minded!! I completely embrace anyones choice of their sexual orientation!! You are all human and all deserve the same treatment and respect as everyone else. It makes me sad how people can be so close minded even as far as turning away from a family member who may be gay or those who choose a certian lifestyle!!

AllisonY2K I am very proud of you for doing what you choose and wanted. For accepting the choices your family and friends have made that shunned you!! I personally accept you fully with open arms and mind as I do all of you that is willing to take it!!

From what I have gathered and read it looks like their is a good set of accepting and open minded people here at TPR!! I am very pleased to see the level of maturity here in this thread on this subject and I am honored to be amongst all of you!!

Ok now that all the seriousness has passed.... Can someone tell this cigarette to shut up??!!

zburns wrote:

Well, I can't believe I never responded to this (if I did I forgot about it ). Anyway, I'm straight. I have NOTHING against normal gays, but I sometimes have trouble tolerating the "pansy" gay guys that suck up to teachers and crap. I guess I'm like the top level of straight because as most of you say you might switch for one guy, I can't even imagine it. Ladies for me man.

What does being effeminate have to do with sucking up to teachers? :shock:

waterviper wrote:

I completely embrace anyones choice of their sexual orientation!! You are all human and all deserve the same treatment and respect as everyone else. It makes me sad how people can be so close minded even as far as turning away from a family member who may be gay or those who choose a certian lifestyle!!

I realize your heart is in the right place, but something needs to be clarified: Gay people do not CHOOSE to be gay. I always laugh when I hear people say this, because it's like, well, do you CHOOSE to be straight? No, of course not. When a gay male looks at attractive man, he feels the same lust that you feel towards a hot lady. No choice involved.

zburns wrote:

Well, I can't believe I never responded to this (if I did I forgot about it ). Anyway, I'm straight. I have NOTHING against normal gays, but I sometimes have trouble tolerating the "pansy" gay guys that suck up to teachers and crap. I guess I'm like the top level of straight because as most of you say you might switch for one guy, I can't even imagine it. Ladies for me man.

What does being effeminate have to do with sucking up to teachers? :shock:

waterviper wrote:

I completely embrace anyones choice of their sexual orientation!! You are all human and all deserve the same treatment and respect as everyone else. It makes me sad how people can be so close minded even as far as turning away from a family member who may be gay or those who choose a certian lifestyle!!

I realize your heart is in the right place, but something needs to be clarified: Gay people do not CHOOSE to be gay. I always laugh when I hear people say this, because it's like, well, do you CHOOSE to be straight? No, of course not. When a gay male looks at attractive man, he feels the same lust that you feel towards a hot lady. No choice involved.

Oh, just so nobody takes that the wrong way...I'll explain. Their are many gay people in my school. Some are really cool and I don't have a problem with them. On the other hand, there are a few who really obnoxiously, almost like they have special privelages. One of them constantly begs teachers to let him miss tests and go to the nurse. Trust me, if you knew these kids, you wouldn't care for them much either. So, when I said sucking up to teachers, I wasn't creating a stereotype, I was just citing an example. Sorry for any misunderstanding. My fault for not wording that better.

MindEraser and Momma Allie beat me to it! Curses! We forgive you WV, as this is a common misconception and as ME said, your heart is in the wrong place. Thirty Helens agree...Sexual Orientation is not a choice.

Dont you mean heart is in the RIGHT place!! hehehee at least that is what I read!!

Oh ok my bad!! I didnt mean to offend anyone by saying CHOICE! I know that you are all born that way and cant help the way you are or feel. I was using that word very loosly for lack of better word really.

But the choice is yours to accept the way you feel or are too. Because I knew a girl who chose not to be lezbian even though she knew it and how she felt. She chose to be straight all the way till marrying a guy. Then during the marriage she realized that she cant deny the way she is or feel. So she got a divorce and is now happily in a lezbian relationship!! Sometimes it takes to go that far even till marriage to fully embrace your sexual orientation! Im sure there are some who dont even give in to it and just live their lives heterosexually by choice for one reason or another.

Hehehe now is this properly used or is there a flaw in this way of thinking aswell?? If so please correct me so I can completly understand this whole thing.

AllisonY2K you are very welcome!!! (hugs)

^You contradict yourself.

If a person is homosexual, there's no choice involved. She may have "chosen" to attempt to ignore herself, but that doesn't mean she "chose to be straight" since that isn't exactly a decision.

Ya thats it BiCoastal!!! I knew there was a flaw in what I wrote lol!!

Thank you for pointing that out to me!! Ya she chose to ingnore herself and chose to ACT straight!!

Boy I sure am havin a heck of time using the proper words to say and saying them in the proper way!!

MindEraser and Momma Allie beat me to it! Curses! We forgive you WV, as this is a common misconception and as ME said, your heart is in the wrong place. Thirty Helens agree...Sexual Orientation is not a choice.

Dont you mean heart is in the RIGHT place!! hehehee at least that is what I read!!

You are correct my friend, I used the opposite word. Doh!!

I know i'm gay, and it is a fact that it is a choice of heart. you think people just decide they are gay because they have male friends they are close with? (I know its not what your saying, im speaking in a general sense to homophobes). Why are we wrong for going after the people we love? Its the same as if a man loves a woman, just not the same sexes are involved.

Well matt homphobes are close minded one way thinkers!! They do have a right to be that way but I think its very imature and selfish!!! Dont listen to those homphobes, the are just scared because they dont know what to think!!!

Personally I dont think its wrong to love who you want. If you love someone in that way, then you love someone in that way male or female!! If thats who you are and if thats how you feel then dont fight it!! Most likely it will only get worse and you will never be happy all along wondering whats wrong with you and why it just doesnt feel right!!

^I will clarify...

^^At least the activism is lies in the right place...

By saying that activism "is lies" is saying that their cause is simply pretense. I realize it was probably a thoughtless typo, but really that's what it would mean if you honestly worded it like that. I believe you mean: "At least the activism lies in the right place." That's proper syntax for you.

Just something ive been wondering. Why is it sexy for two women to kiss and embrace in love, yet "disgusting" when two men do the same?

Where did that come from? Nobody in this thread is in any way saying that at all, why does it need to be brought up? All that is going to do is spurn flaming debates.

-Rock "pun"

Nope.

I'm just saying, if a person were to chance by this and read these posts in a certain way, they could find them very offensive.

Matt, I'm not saying you are wrong in your statements, I'm just saying that there's no double standard when it comes to being offensive. being gay doesn't give you some pass to say things rashly like that. Somebody could take it as you attacking their own views. Just because you disagree with somebody does not give you right to disrespect them, and the tone I took that post in was quite harsh, even I do understand your point of view.

I would just advise people to be more careful in threads like these. As easy-going and great these boards are, things can quickly spiral out of control. :?

"Live and let live" seems to be the general motto around these boards, everybody accepts everybody else for who they are. And quite right too. Nobody in this thread has intended to cause any offense or controversy, so why not just let this go back to being a poll thread where people list their sexuality.

Amazed this has reached 30 pages with no problems. So rare. Gotta love this place.

Just something ive been wondering. Why is it sexy for two women to kiss and embrace in love, yet "disgusting" when two men do the same?

Where did that come from? Nobody in this thread is in any way saying that at all, why does it need to be brought up? All that is going to do is spurn flaming debates.

-Rock "pun"

I thought it was a valid point because it's true.

(I only use "true" in the sense that this is a very common stero type, that lesbians are "hot" and gay men are not)

It is for some reason a double standard. I'm not really sure why.