2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

the last one is an honors seminar/discussion section called Exploring Homophobia. From what I've read, it's part anthropology, part psychology, part literature, part film, and part plenty of other topics and things too, all wrapped around a central discussion of the irrational fear of homosexuality and the culture associated with it.

I'm excited!

Which college is offering that course?

I'm a fellow AA County resident...

That would be a common term used primarily among homosexuals and sometimes females to infer they have some knowledge of sports to appear more "butch" or manly but not actually knowing anything about actual sports such as the supposed use of a bat during the the game of Football.

aka it's a joke.

Actually I meant it in the way that a lot of society deems homosexuality to not be "normal" hence the reference to using a bat in the sport of football....but RCFreak s interpretation works too..myself and some of my gay friends know a lot about sports so I guess everything is up for interpretation.....all aside.....yes, it was just a joke....

Actually the phrase is "Queer as a football bat."

Queer is defined as "curious: beyond or deviating from the usual or expected."

A football bat is a deviation from the expected in so much as you don't use a bat in football.

Therefore, it's not so much a joke as much as it is an observation and comparison.

Yeah... WAY too much explanation into a very old phrase...

I am soooooo excited about the over turning of Prop 8. It is such a positive thing towards the ultimate goal of equality. I am actually a gay guy that wants to settle down, get married, and have a family eventually. It is stuff like that makes it more possible. My state (Maryland) recently changed their ways and now if gay couples get married outside of this state they will recognize it! So I can run off to DC, get married, and it be legal in MD! YAY!!

• 3 weeks later...

As a gay man myself I'd like like to get married but I know this isn't gonna happen in my great state of Arizona. Oh well....eventually I plan to move away from this dump. LOL

In anycase I'm glad there's a state that is not letting this inequality go without a fight.

• 2 weeks later...
Breaking News from CNN: A federal court in Riverside, California, rules the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy is unconstitutional.

More to come.

Even though I do not want to participate in the army this makes me happy because I know there are gays and lesbians that would love to participate.

Well the whole thing was so damned rediculous anyhow.

^I agree! I've never, EVER, wanted to serve in the armed forces. I'm not against them in any what whatsoever, but would be MISERABLE. I do, however, have friends who serve and live in terror that they will be "found out."

Ever hear the joke - Question: "why don't they want to let gays in the military?"

Answer: "20 guys with assault rifles turning to someone and saying, "who you callin' faggot?"

D

^Welcome to my world.

^^I will never want in any way to be a part of the armed forces either. Not against it, but I just don't do physical activity. Sit me in front of a good piano and I'll be content all day with it. And I have heard that one! It actually brings one of my friends to mind...Like they're trying to prove something.

Its been awhile since I've checked this thread. Last time I posted I was openly gay to just close friends. Now, I pretty much could care less. I have a government job (which seems to be turning into a career), going to school, and I have a decent social life (can has moar friendz in DC area?).

Last summer when I worked at Cedar Point I got a LOT more comfortable with myself, versus in high school....not so much. So many supportive people there, all the way up the food chain. The other thing that was really encouraging was getting myself into my first real relationship with another guy. I'd had a few on-off things here and there in high school, but nothing like this. It ended kinda badly, but the guy was a jerk and I learned something. So all around I think it was a win.

Glad to see so many people are still here, and if anyone wants to hang out in the DC area just PM me. A lot of my friends are still up in OH, or are in school (online courses fail). Moving back to VA has seriously hurt my social life!