2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

^ One thing is that since the percent of gays in the world is so low, when you zoom in and only look at a particular type of people, in this case coaster enthusiasts, the number will most likely go way up or way down. 5 out of 10 coaster enthusiasts may be gay, but out of ten people selected at random that number will in most cases be lower. Sorry if thats confusing.

Anyone else find it funny that a thirteen year old is trying to explain homosexuality and percentages?

Not a flame or personal attack, just saying, really dude?

Logic is an elegant weapon, Good logic seems to start early nowadays

And he's right

I am not 100% sure on that, I hated statistics. Though I think his theory would work only if it were a completely randomn sampling without other factors playing into it. Something that this is not.

I'm still gay.

Single?

LOL

Do you know how hard it is to find a good man that loves coasters?

ha ha! A personals page; That's hilarious!!!

I have to say.. over time.. my views have changed a bit. I am gay and always will be, however.. I don't support gay marriage. I know.. crazy, right?

Well, let me just explain my views... I think that, as a Catholic, Marriage is a sacrament for a man and a woman. HOWEVER, no one ever said that a same sex couple can't have their own sacrament with a different name. In fact, it might be better that way. the same benefits of marriage, the same rights, just under a different name.

Besides, the world needs same sex couples to be bound in a promise. there are too many children that need homes for there not to be ample couples to take on those kids.

Cyrus

^Two gay guys who don't think GLBT folk should be allowed to marry??

Sure that might be your personal preference but that's not a reason for those of us who believe in monogamous relationships and having an eternal partner.

I never thought I'd ever want to get married to a guy in my late teens. I was too "busy". I've had more ass than a public toilet seat and I am very grateful every day that I'm not poz as a result. I've grown out of my "playful" days and have been more relationship oriented for several years.

In my 20's I got involved with community organizations and have met some incredibly awesome couples over the years and I hope, at least for them, that marriage will be legalized across the board.

DC is one step closer to legalizing gay marriage and I applaud their efforts.

You dont understand...

I am completely for the legal recognition of gay relationships just as any other gay man is (presumably), but if it was under a different name but still reffered to as marriage, it is much more reasonable to ask for rather than asking people to CHANGE sonething..... People don't like change, so why not just bring in something brand-new to represent gay relationships rather than try and share something that already is in action?

^Like civil unions?

By calling it something different defeats the purpose of trying to become equal to the fullest extent of the law.

There are over 900 privileges and rights that come with marriage according to the Human Rights Campaign (HRC). At least here in the United States.

Gay couples here don't have hospitalization rights under the law for example.

Lets say something serious happens to you that requires you to be hospitalized for an extended period of time. For the sake of the argument, let's say your family is uber religious and doesn't agree with your "choice" of a lifestyle. In most cases here in the states, your family can block your boyfriend or partner from seeing you in the hospital...and that's just not right.

^ Yeah I see where you are coming from, but the thing is although it probably makes perfect sense just to have the term "marriage" apply to gay couples too, there are probably alot of people who want gay marriage to be completely independent of "traditional" marriage, and thus want a different name.

I dunno, to be honest I'm totally on the fence as to what should happen! If people STFU complaining about us existing and stereotypes move safely to the back of the picture to stop us being misrepresented, then I'll be jolly pleased!

I appreciate your guys' honestly, but gay marriage has nothing to do with religion.

In fact, the concept of marriage has absolutely nothing to do with the catholic church, marriage was created with a monetary concept, not a religious concept. Look it up.

Religion and law aren't supposed to have anything to do with each other, so I believe to the full extent OF the law there is ZERO reason gay marriage is illegal.

And I think marriage is stupid! I'd never get married- the problem isn't that all gay people want to get married, it's that it's flabbergastingly stupid that we don't have the right to.

Just my 2 cents.

^But were Canadians and have the right too. Does that make you change your Oppinion?

I know for sure that I want to get married someday, have a lovely home that is equally mine as it is my husbands and my childrens.

The idea that I have these privallges, while others liiving In different countries don't just makes me sad. Everyone should have the right to be who they really are and have equal rights. It's just not fair at all.

^But were Canadians and have the right too. Does that make you change your Oppinion?

I know for sure that I want to get married someday, have a lovely home that is equally mine as it is my husbands and my childrens.

The idea that I have these privallges, while others liiving In different countries don't just makes me sad. Everyone should have the right to be who they really are and have equal rights. It's just not fair at all.

I still don't agree with marriage as a concept, but I think every person should have the right to marry someone they love.

^ Amen to that! I get so pissed off when my friends say, ewwww gay guys are gross or ewwwww lesbians are sick. Saying homosexuals are gross is like saying people with black hair are gross. Whats gross about something they cant control? That seems a bit childish doesn't it? Doesn't it seem childish when people say a couple are gross even though they like or love each other? It happens every day in schools but also in voting places when people vote against gay marriage. Adults are acting pretty childish and just plain stupid when they deny two people in love the right to be married. And don't use the bible as an excuse because theres a whole crap load of stuff in there that we don't listen to. If you say no gay marriage because of the bible you better not be doing anything else it says not to. That felt good to get out.

No clue where you read that, but the popular 10% figure actually comes from the Kinsey Reports published in 1948, stating that about 10% of the men surveyed were exclusively homosexual for at least three years of their life between the ages of 16 and 55 with about 2-6% for women (Another interesting statistic is that the Kinsey report also said about 37% of males and 13% of females had at least one homosexual experience in their life). And truth be told there will never be an official statistic as to how many people are actually gay as different surveys mean "gay" in different ways or there are those like that one guy early in this thread that said he was gay but then later found God and was straight and there are more then enough of those out there. More recent studies fall anywhere between <1% up to 13% which is still far below what seems to be present on here. No theories on that from my end other then maybe it's the safe "danger" that appeals to the "straight" side of guys. *shrug*

I don't think its mentally possible to change ones orientation, maybe physically but not mentally. But that's just what I think.

Me too, hell - I tried. Plus, there have been studies, etc., til they were blue in the face, and they always prove what we think as well. God made up like we are, all colors and all sexual orientations, genders, etc...

I can vouch for people that were gay and later changed their sexual oriention after "finding God" because I personaly have friends who have done it. I just wanted to at least point out that the fact it is possible for people to change their sexual orientation whether it be early or later in life.

^Depends on what they are considering gay. If they are now dating women and want a relationship with a female because that's what their religion tells them to do, and therefore consider themselves straight after 'finding god' (which I'm not quite sure how this causes one to change sexuality...) then sure, they've changed in their eyes. But I can guarantee you, that's not what their body tells them they want. You can't change what you are attracted to. The people that say they changed who they are physically attracted to are just lying to everyone else to cover it up. Can you honestly say you could change yourself to start liking men in a physical manner? Because that's the exact same thing. It doesn't work, has never worked, and will never work. And the whole idea of finding god to change oneself makes absolutely no sense to me. If god is responsible for how we are all made, then why exactly would he make some of us gay if he didn't want us to be?

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit defensive, but by saying one can change their orientation is also saying that's its a choice who one is attracted to. And this is not right and is extremely offensive to me and I'm sure others. Every other gay person on this board WILL tell you that they never chose to like the same gender, it has just always been that way. It's who we are, and as far as I'm concerned, attempting to change that is denying oneself happiness and for religious folk would be going against who god made you.

^ & ^^ Or these people might be bisexual? I have had gay guys tell me that there are no real bisexuals but I do not believe that to be true.

I know that there are a LOT of guys out there that may be married as straight, but also like to be with guys from time to time - I have seen tons of these types of ads on personal sites in years past. In fact, there are probably more of these ads out there than openly gay male ads. My favorites are the one's that say they are only "bi below the belt!"

Believe me, if a guy who is married or is (supposedly) straight and has fantasies about being with a guy, he is going to eventually find a way to make it happen - religious or not.

It's just too easy these days with the internet!