2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

^

''I use to be gay, but then, then I decided it's wrong and I stopped it and now, I'm very interested in girls''

Poor Kid.

If people would just be honest with themselves they'd be much happier. I got a few friends with ex-wives (and husbands) and kids thinking at the time having that would somehow kill the urge and only made it worse... now you got a bunch of bitter and betrayed people mad at you... and you still have the urges.

Terry

I came across the following article that is relevant to this (I posted this a few pages ago, but it was on the same time as your post on legalizing gay marriage in Iowa).

http://www.oprah.com/article/omagazine/200904-omag-women-leaving-men

Yeah, that's what I really needed today: Some kid whose voice is still changing lecturing me on God, sex, and human relationships. Hell, in the mood I'm in, it's almost enough to make me hate hets, religious people, and, oh, let's throw in Bill O'Reilly for good measure, shall we?

It's sad when IOWA is more 'advanced' than California and Prop 8.

Well, in all fairness to us troglodytes in Cali, it's prolly germane to note that a smaller proportion of Iowans support same-sex marriage than do Californians, which is to say that a Prop. 8-type measure would most likely pass there with a greater margin. It's really a matter of that particular court, not the state as a whole.

Vermont, though, with its veto override, is really pretty swell.

ADMIN EDIT: Please do not double post. If you wish to add information to a thread in which you were the last poster, please edit your previous post.

^Congratulations for the 37 years Nrthwnd.

[Gives some hope to a boy who is discouraged by people these days]

Geez. 37 years? And all I've been able to muster (as of yet) is 4 years!

But then again...

In an ODD similar but still relevant topic:

I met mine VIA this internet thing.... and with ALL the great things I love about him... he's NOT a coaster enthusiast!

WAY TO GO!- and I can ONLY hope for the same from my end!

^ My honey and I have been together nearly as long - 35 years this fall - and he is a coaster fan.

That's not to say we don't have our disagreements, though: he prefers Nitro, and I prefer S:ROS. Floating air vs. ejector air - can this marriage be saved?

I met mine VIA this internet thing.... and with ALL the great things I love about him... he's NOT a coaster enthusiast!

Don't give up hope! I also met my partner online (almost five years ago) and he was not into riding coasters at all - in fact, he was terrified of them!

After a couple of theme park visits, he started riding some of the smaller coasters (think Mine Ride) and dabbled in some of the bigger one's (think Gemini). Now after only a few years of going to theme parks, he has ridden Tatsu, X2, El Toro, Millenium, Fahrenheit and TTD just to name a few. This year, he is excited to go back to BGE to ride Griffon, which he would not ride on his first visit. I think that it just takes time and a little patience to turn someone's fears into a passion - ya just gotta be willing to coach a little!

And by the way - he is also 66 years old and thought Superman at SFMM at this year's WCB was lame!!!!!!

Yea this whole gay/bi thing sucks big time and I wish I wasnt. The kid I was currently talking to just all of a sudden stopped...things were going good and he wants nothing to do with me. Its worse cause he was a great friend and i'll miss that even more.

And by the way - he is also 66 years old and thought Superman at SFMM at this year's WCB was lame!!!!!!

You won't belive this....

Mine is 62! (And has 10x the energy than I DO!)- Small world I guess!

As for coasters, he'll go on non-inversion stuff, and the smaller rides, but I don't expect to see him on SFDK's Medusa anytime soon- he got QUEASY looking at Monte's Revenge at Knotts!

Yea this whole gay/bi thing sucks big time and I wish I wasnt. The kid I was currently talking to just all of a sudden stopped...things were going good and he wants nothing to do with me. Its worse cause he was a great friend and i'll miss that even more.

I'm not sure what you mean by the first sentence, but the rest, I'm in that same position. Me and another guy who's only about 4 months older than me, we were really good friends. He called me every day, we hung out as much as possible. Things seemed really great between us. We were so different, yet we weren't afraid to show our differences, no matter how weird they were Lol jk. We had talked about if we wanted to step our relationship up a notch from 'friendship' to 'relationship' and we felt we should. We couldn't at the time because his stupid ex was exactly that, stupid. (You would think a college dude could be more mature but I guess not. Anyways, that's a different story.) We both had strong feelings for each other, and everything just felt right when I was around him. Then he virtually quit talking to me. I'd almost never get a call, and instead of the daily email he'd send to my phone to start our conversations, I stopped getting them. He sent a text maybe once every three weeks or so. This is all very recent. I'm not sure how to get over someone who I have strong feelings for. Now I have to get over a friend as well.

As for coasters, he'll go on non-inversion stuff, and the smaller rides, but I don't expect to see him on SFDK's Medusa anytime soon- he got QUEASY looking at Monte's Revenge at Knotts!

Well, I'm almost as old as your bf, and one thing to remember is this - the inner ear kinda loses functionality with age and doesn't deal with balance issues as well as it used to, so there's a bona fide reason why us old farts tend to get queasier on loops. These days, two back-to-back rides on Medusa or V2 and I've had enough for a while.

Just as long as his other parts work...

Don't give up hope! I also met my partner online (almost five years ago) and he was not into riding coasters at all - in fact, he was terrified of them!

After a couple of theme park visits, he started riding some of the smaller coasters (think Mine Ride) and dabbled in some of the bigger one's (think Gemini). Now after only a few years of going to theme parks, he has ridden Tatsu, X2, El Toro, Millenium, Fahrenheit and TTD just to name a few. This year, he is excited to go back to BGE to ride Griffon, which he would not ride on his first visit. I think that it just takes time and a little patience to turn someone's fears into a passion - ya just gotta be willing to coach a little!

Hahaha, this gives me hope for mine!

I'm not sure what you mean by the first sentence, but the rest, I'm in that same position. Me and another guy who's only about 4 months older than me, we were really good friends. He called me every day, we hung out as much as possible. Things seemed really great between us. We were so different, yet we weren't afraid to show our differences, no matter how weird they were Lol jk. We had talked about if we wanted to step our relationship up a notch from 'friendship' to 'relationship' and we felt we should. We couldn't at the time because his stupid ex was exactly that, stupid. (You would think a college dude could be more mature but I guess not. Anyways, that's a different story.) We both had strong feelings for each other, and everything just felt right when I was around him. Then he virtually quit talking to me. I'd almost never get a call, and instead of the daily email he'd send to my phone to start our conversations, I stopped getting them. He sent a text maybe once every three weeks or so. This is all very recent. I'm not sure how to get over someone who I have strong feelings for. Now I have to get over a friend as well.

I know. I never had feelings like about another dude so it's weird. Me and him have more in common than my ex girlfriend(hate her!!!!!!!) and everything was going well. I dont feel like I can replace him because everyone I meet I always compare them to him and then I can't do anything with them because its akward and dosen't feel right.

I wanted to say something for a long time but never really took the time to do so. I was scared some people would take it too personally (even if I don't even know anyone on TPR) but I'll find a way to get my mind heard.

I am gay; it's not a secret for anyone around me. I don't try to hide it but don't scream it in the streets either. To me, my sexuality doesn't define they way I should act, think, speak or BE. I work hard at school, probably way harder than the average students my age, but I'm not a nerd. I have very successful friends with whom I love going out, I take dance classes (hip hop), I love fashion and working out and I am even interested in sports. I think I am a well rounded person. But my main focus stays SCHOOL. Balance is the key word

I am very close to my parents and my grandmother. I think I have very good morals (example; sleeping around with everyone is not something I would allow myself to do). I believe in finding THE ONE and be loyal to him.

However, I realized that there was a trend in they Gay community, that trend being PARTYING. I love having fun. I, myself, also go out in the clubs even if I'm not legal yet (but that's another subject, and YES my mom knows it ). But I know what is acceptable or not. I know the limits. I don't LIVE to party. Not at all in fact.

But it seems to me that a lot of people from the gay community DO live to party, which is fine for them if they are happy and respect themselves. But it is very hard to find someone, especially at my age, who's organized, focused AND well-rounded, but that is also respectful to himself and myself, ambitious, good looking and mature.

Another problem is the FASHION issue. I feel as if many the gays have CLOTHES as Gods. The way they dress is everything to them. It's not important, it is VERY important. Unfortunately, they put so much attention to it that it becomes their main focus. It's not that clothes are not important to me, they are. I put lots of time and money in them, but they stay superficial to me. I won't judge anyone on what the person wears or how much money is spent in dressing. (But don't forget that looking clean is the best way to give a first impression) .

Finally, the lack of respect of many really saddens me. Sleeping around is too often seen. Many of my "friends" had multiple partners in the last months. To me there is a big difference between flirting and "going forward" with someone.

I find it hard going to a Gay Club and not saying anything about the things that happen in there, if you know what I'm talking about...

But I know that someday I will find the person I am looking for. I know that at my age, not everyone has reached that certain level of maturity. But I keep faith. I tell myself that there sure is other balanced gays. I know that there are FOCUSED and SERIOUS gay guys.

I just wanna remind everyone that I am not pointing out anyone here. They are just general observations. I do not think I am better than anybody here and do not believe I am perfect.

In the end, it's feeling respectful that truly matters.

^I agree with most if not all of your main points. Around where I live, I have yet to meet a gay guy who isn't either stuck up, stupid, promiscuous, or doesn't care about their rights as a gay person, fashion, sex, sex, and more sex, or the combination of all of them. Me, I buy used clothes. I can afford nice clothes, yeah, but I'm not going to pay $30 for a damn T-Shirt because it has a label on it. Clothes are clothes. Why do I need a label to look nice? People compliment me on my clothes all the time, but it's funny, with $100, I can buy a week's wardrobe, usually more.

^^You sound like me when I rant to my friends about the stereotype fixed to gay guys lol. I'm basically the opposite of the stereotype. I love watching sports, I play video games, mostly shooters, I'm a car guy, I don't really have a big interest in fashion (although I do like looking nice obviously. Looking respectable is important to me) and I only go out to party when I am completely sure it will not effect my schooling in any way. My major is extremely time-consuming (architecture), so these times I do go out with friends or to the gay club I go to (The Dock in Cincinnati ROCKS) are awesome, but I'm not the type to overdo it. I don't drink due to personal beliefs, but still have fun when I go out (which is unfortunately a hard idea for most people, not just gay guys, to understand) and would never even consider sleeping around. Something about the thought of sleeping with someone I don't know disgusts me. And like you, I have trouble finding a guy that shares these beliefs and ideals. Doesn't help that I don't really get out of my studio all that much, but even the gay guys in my school (an art school, so lots of gays lol) are mostly the stereotypical ones and I'm just not attracted to that at all. But I do know there are guys out there that share the same stance on life as me, and I know I will meet one someday and be happy with them. Until then, I have no problem keeping focused on getting a good education and job when I graduate. And if they come along during this process, it will only make it better.

^I agree with most if not all of your main points. Around where I live, I have yet to meet a gay guy who isn't either stuck up, stupid, promiscuous, or doesn't care about their rights as a gay person.

Y'know, I know you're really young, and I don't want to sound patronizing, and I may be misinterpreting your words, but...

The ONLY reason you have the freedoms you do is because a lot of people "cared about their rights" and fought passionately for them. You and Franc are, of course, allowed to be as assimilationist as you like. But please read some LGBT history, and understand that fighting for human rights - both yours and others - is at least as important as riding coasters.

And...I happen to be in what I regard as an immensely successful open relationship, which means we have, for decades, had sex, both casual and in continuing buddy relationships, with others. I do not regard this as, as Franc says, not "having very good morals." Being cruel is immoral, being hurtfully dishonest is immoral, letting other people suffer when you could prevent it is immoral, starting wars of aggression is immoral, destroying the earth is immoral, queue-jumping is immoral.

Having sex with multiple partners is - to my way of thinking - not.

I don't care what the Pope says. I don't care what your high school teacher says. I always thought one of the very cool things about being queer was that we got to experiment with new modes of relating to one another. And that can range from a lesbian couple and gay couple sharing parenting, to going to sex parties. Or - should you willingly choose it, and not feel pressured into it by insecurity or jealousy - having a sweet, monogamous same-sex marriage. I don't put people down for their sexual choices unless they're unsafe, self-destructive, or hurtful. Sorry, but there it is.

Lastly, I'd suggest that dissing people as "stuck up (or) stupid" indicates a possible stucked-up-ness on your part, too. Or, Franc, that there might be something incongruous about putting down a love of fashion as superficial (which it is, but no moreso, really, than keeping a coaster count) while at the same time requiring that your potential partner be "good looking."

I hope both you guys find what you're looking for. Maybe you should move from Wichita to San Francisco, where there's a huge range of gay guys, from tattooed skaters to buttoned-down academics, to choose from.

Peace.

^

Well, as for the superficiality, I mean the exterior of a person. I think we both agree that clothes are usually worn outside of the body and not inside . And yes, I do think that for loving someone, you first have to be physically attracted to the person you are with. When I say good looking, I mean in my personal eyes.

And a love for fashion is fine. But I think that sometimes it becomes too important for some people. When one gets insecure about his clothes or MAINLY judge people base on what they are wearing, there might be a problem.

As for open relationships, I respect them, as long as it is fine between the partners. When talking about multiple partners, I meant cheating or adulteries.

And I do thank everyone who fought for the cause in the 60s 70s 80s 90s and even before or after. I never questioned their actions and never will.

^^Well, I don't mean sex in general is bad. Sorry if I offended. A lot of this comes from me getting texts from unknown numbers (IDK how they even get my number) saying a bunch of sexual things and asking me to meet up with them, and what not. It makes me very uncomfortable.

It's hard to put emotion in text, lol.

By "stuck-up" I mean that they think they are superior, perfect, etc.

As for open relationships, I respect them, as long as it is fine between the partners. When talking about multiple partners, I meant cheating or adulteries.

Thanks. Yes, I think cheating is wrong, too. Honestly - and maybe it's a generational thing - many, maybe most, of the truly enduring long-term male-male relationships I know of are more or less open.

Coincidentally, today I went to SFDK with my partner and a continuing sex-buddy (or FWB or whatever) of his, who's also in an open relationship. All three of us had a really good time.

I hope both you guys find what you're looking for. Maybe you should move from Wichita to San Francisco, where there's a huge range of gay guys, from tattooed skaters to buttoned-down academics, to choose from.

That sums it up for me.

^^ & ^^^

As far as sex, I know straight guys that will sleep around far more than the gay ones. It's just a matter of who you know. Anyway, the bigger cities will not only give you a bigger selections of the people you are looking for, but will give you activities that don't revolve around flashing lights. Where I live there are bowling and softball leagues and there are cultural centers available as well.

The big thing to realize when finding friends is actually knowing who your friends are. Both are you are young so you probably don't have an opportunity to meet people outside the activities that kids your age do. And at that age, most kids (whether they're gay or not) will party. You will just need to be in an environment where you are comfortable... and don't put down others for what they do unless they are self destructing.

Besides, majority of guys I end up getting are actually bitter about the whole dating thing after they've burned down their bridges... and expect me to pay for other's mistakes... not happening guys, so don't try it. But lately, just talking to any guy just gives me a headache.

Terry

I never questioned their actions and never will.

THE BIGGEST piece of (unsolicited as it may be) advice I can ever give anyone is "Question everything!"

Morals are the backbone of who you are, how you act, what makes you who you are.

Questioning the reasoning, outcome, why, whom, how, etc... It doesn't mean that you are disrespecting them. It means that you are trying to understand. Simply put, I don't believe how anyone can truly believe in something they don't understand and question. If you follow something (or someone) blindly, you are setting yourself up for the same pitfalls.

(Although there are religious connotations in there, please leave that be. There is another place for that, and it is not this forum.)

I'm just glad that people aren't like posting horrible stuff. I can't tell you how many articles I have read on news pages where users can comment and like 75% of the comments are horrible statements. It's good to know that TPR members can be respectful to their fellow human beings. It really makes me happy.

On a random side note. Has anyone noticed that at amusement parks mostly gay women couples tend to be the ones holding hands? I never see gay male couples holding hands while walking down the midway. I know when i've gone with boyfriends in the past I have held their hands.

Wow! Lot's of stuff going on in this forum!

You won't belive this....

Awesome! I agree that a lot of times, he does seem to have more energy than I do. I also remember that he had some issues with the inversions at first, but they do not bother him now that he is used to them. He used to tell me various points of the ride whether he had his eyes open or closed. At WCB, he rode X2 and Tatsu (front seat) with eyes open!

Well, I'm almost as old as your bf, and one thing to remember is this - the inner ear kinda loses functionality with age and doesn't deal with balance issues as well as it used to, so there's a bona fide reason why us old farts tend to get queasier on loops. These days, two back-to-back rides on Medusa or V2 and I've had enough for a while.

Just as long as his other parts work...

Agreed...my BF has mentioned this before and he also has tenitis and after a while, gets burned out from riding coasters and will occasionally sit some out. I have even noticed at the age of 37 that I cannot handle the extreme spinning flat rides as well as when I was younger.

PS - All other parts work just fine!

You sound like me when I rant to my friends about the stereotype fixed to gay guys lol. I'm basically the opposite of the stereotype. I love watching sports

Me too! As you get older, you will especially notice that shopping at Hollister, AE and A&F is a foolish way to spend hard-earned money. Once you own your own home, you don't have the luxury of spending $100 on a pair of jeans or shirt anymore. I am perfectly fine in a pair of jeans/cargo pants and a t-shirt, or something with the Bills or Sabres on it! (I know...they suck!)