2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

Still gay here and I got another closet to burn down. Yay!

I'm still leaving the previous topic alone, but I am compelled to do a little good-ole Christian testifying to an event that happened this weekend. If you're not religious this will probably fall under the weirdness category. But this bit was more of God giving me an answer to "Gays won't get into Heaven".

When the Lord tells me do something, I know better than not to do it because there's a reason for it. And I don't want him chastising me! I think most times God will send me somewhere to give a message when people aren't listening... and I tend not to mince words!

Let me give you an example. Last night I was moving some boxes to my new place and I was going to eat dinner with a friend before he had a meeting. We get to the restaurant and it was closed, so my friend decided to go to the meeting early and I was going to check out a place for a quick beer. I start driving and I heard a voice tell me to go to this restaurant I haven't been to in a year instead. So I do it. I also hear a message "Go back to school."

I get a table by myself and I'm waiting patiently for 10 minutes... with no service. (not particularly happy about that) Anyway, this girl that I haven't seen since last year walks in with friends. She's been having a tough time with everything and I think she tried to commit suicide (although she won't admit it). She invites me to her table and we end up talking. I figure out that she's the one I'm there for... she was in Law school. I ask her how she's doing with school and she said that she's taking time off. So I start telling her about she needs to go back to school now... and she agrees to go next semester and I told her will call her and check up. She really appreciated seeing me because I always gave her good advice when she didn't know what to do. I don't know what the plan for her is, but I won't stand in the way of whatever God has in store... and I did what He told me faithfully.

And what you should get from my testifying is this: God uses who HE wants to in his mission in the world. If you look in the Bible, it has plenty of examples of people doing his work that people have frowned on. He will put people in places where "So-called Christians" won't go in order to get his message through and show them there is love for them. It is NOT anyone's place to decide things as who is doing what... or even who is going to Heaven. Worry about yourself and make sure that you don't hold back your own blessings. A Christian's mission is to show love to everyone and treat everyone the way You want to be treated. That goes for EVERYTHING. THAT is what God wants a Christian to remember because that is what your salvation depends on. But when you do what God asks, you'd be surprised what He has in store for you.

Ok... that was too weird, even for me.

Back to topic.

Terry "Still no less Gay and God is OK with that otherwise he wouldn't be talking to me" Weaver

BTW: I never did make it to the bar and I ended up getting my dinner (which wasn't cheap) free. I guess that was my payment for doing what was asked of me.

That's a very awesome experience to hear buddy. I'm glad you were able to help that young lady with her problems she was facing. And I'm glad God used that young lady for you to stay away from that bar... God works in mysterious ways!

^That's not it. The restaurant had a bar too! Ha!

I was there to give a message to a girl that needed to hear it. That's how God works... besides if He didn't want me going to bars he wouldn't have let me go to that beach party! Oooh Laaa... The boys!!!!

You're acting like Jesus didn't hook those wedding guests up with wine!

Terry "Guessing God doesn't talk to you 'cause you jumbling up the message" Weaver

IOWA!?!

A state in the midwest? Who knew?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090403/ap_on_re_us/iowa_gay_marriage/print

Iowa court says gay marriage ban unconstitutional

DES MOINES, Iowa – The Iowa Supreme Court issued a unanimous ruling Friday finding that the state's same-sex marriage ban violates the constitutional rights of gay and lesbian couples, making Iowa the third state where marriage is legal.

In its decision, the court upheld a 2007 district court judge's ruling that the law violates the state constitution. It strikes the language from Iowa code limiting marriage to only between a man a woman.

"The court reaffirmed that a statute inconsistent with the Iowa constitution must be declared void even though it may be supported by strong and deep-seated traditional beliefs and popular opinion," said a summary of the ruling issued by the court.

The ruling set off celebration among the state's gay-marriage proponents.

"Iowa is about justice, and that's what happened here today," said Laura Fefchak, who was hosting a verdict party in the Des Moines suburb of Urbandale with partner of 13 years, Nancy Robinson.

Robinson added: "To tell the truth, I didn't think I'd see this day."

Des Moines attorney Dennis Johnson, who argued on behalf of the gay and lesbian couples, said "this is a great day for civil rights in Iowa."

"We have all of you courageous plaintiffs to thank: Go get married, live happily ever after, live the American dream," he said.

Court rules dictate that the decision will take about 21 days to be considered final, and a request for a rehearing could be filed within that period. That means it will be at least several weeks before gay and lesbian couples can seek marriage licenses.

But Polk County Attorney John Sarcone said the county attorney's office will not ask for a rehearing, meaning the court's decision should take effect after that three-week period.

"Our Supreme Court has decided it, and they make the decision as to what the law is and we follow Supreme Court decisions," Sarcone said. "This is not a personal thing. We have an obligation to the law to defend the recorder, and that's what we do."

The case has been working its way through Iowa's court system since 2005 when Lambda Legal, a New York-based gay rights organization, filed a lawsuit on behalf of six gay and lesbian Iowa couples who were denied marriage licenses. Some of their children are also listed as plaintiffs.

The suit named then-Polk County recorder and registrar Timothy Brien.

The state Supreme Court's ruling upheld an August 2007 decision by Polk County District Court Judge Robert Hanson, who found that a state law allowing marriage only between a man and a woman violates the constitutional rights of equal protection.

The Polk County attorney's office, arguing on behalf of Brien, claimed that Hanson's ruling violates the separation of powers and said the issue should be left to the Legislature.

Lambda Legal scheduled a news conference for early Friday to comment on the ruling. A request for comment from the Polk County attorney's office wasn't immediately returned.

Around the nation, only Massachusetts and Connecticut permit same-sex marriage. California, which briefly allowed gay marriage before a voter initiative in November repealed it, allows domestic partnerships.

New Jersey and New Hampshire also offer civil unions, which provide many of the same rights that come with marriage. New York recognizes same-sex marriages performed elsewhere, and legislators there and in New Jersey are weighing whether to offer marriage. A bill that would legalize same-sex marriage in Vermont has cleared the Legislature but may be vetoed by the governor.

Richard Socarides, an attorney and former senior adviser on gay rights to President Clinton, said the ruling carries extra significance coming from Iowa.

"It's a big win because, coming from Iowa, it represents the mainstreaming of gay marriage. And it shows that despite attempts stop gay marriage through right wing ballot initiatives, like in California, the courts will continue to support the case for equal rights for gays," he said.

The ruling in Iowa's same-sex marriage case came more quickly than many observers had anticipated, with some speculating after oral arguments that it could take a year or more for a decision.

^I'm happy it was Iowa and not a more progressive state. This will have more of an effect on helping people realize how wrong it is to deny us the right to get married. The states considered progressive won't want to be behind in the times compared to Iowa lol. I'm hoping this starts a trend in the upcoming years of removing the ban on gay marriages in other states.

^I don't know. If they are saying it is unconstitutional, I don't see why it would be left up to popular vote as that is one of the biggest reasons it is unconstitutional. The large group cannot be responsible for removing the rights of the smaller group.

From what I gathered, it sounds like it is basically a done deal, unless it is opposed, which is said to be unlikely. I'm hoping nothing gets in the way of this because it is a great step forward for gay rights.

^ But "constitutional" doesn't mean that it's fair, just that it is legal according to the constitution.

So really, if the majority puts it in the constitution, its constitutional, no matter what.

Mandating that we're all painted orange on Wednesdays, punishable by death, of course, can be constitutional if we do so wish. =]

I think constitutional amendments should be agreed upon with a supermajority vote, but thats another discussion.

Again, if things like the abolition of slavery and equal rights for African Americans were put up for a vote, we'd most likely still be looking at area's of the south where people were still treated like 2nd class citizens.

This is why civil rights issues should NEVER be up for popular vote.

This is why civil rights issues should NEVER be up for popular vote.

Exactly.

And my partner (37 years together now) is from Ames, Iowa!

Good for Iowa!

^ & ^^ Thanks guys.

Well, we haven't killed each other.... yet.

Come pretty close, lol.

But - the dumb bastard still loves me - hah!

(Kisses and hugs to my guy on his birthday, today. And we're both ARIES, too! Should definitely have offed each other by now, hee hee...)

^

''I use to be gay, but then, then I decided it's wrong and I stopped it and now, I'm very interested in girls''

Poor Kid.

That's what the confused boys say in denial until they get arrested for doing "things" in the public bathrooms at the parks and in the malls. Then they end up on probation with medication. A sad thing.

I remember dating this guy and on our first official date he tells me that he's breaking up and going back to women. I was like "So you invited me out to tell me this? We just met! (and like I cared) Whatever... see you in the park in a few years."

I got up from the table and left him sitting there with his face cracked. I stopped by another bar and had a drink... oh and I met my next boyfriend.

If people would just be honest with themselves they'd be much happier. I got a few friends with ex-wives (and husbands) and kids thinking at the time having that would somehow kill the urge and only made it worse... now you got a bunch of bitter and betrayed people mad at you... and you still have the urges.

Terry

Yay Vermont!!! Only 46 more to go!!!

Patience, patience...

Actually, I'm happy and surprised and thrilled that this is all happening in my lifetime. It is amazing how slowly and methodically, things eventually - do ... happen.