2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

^ Great post Josh. And I agree with a lot of what you said. And I do commend you for standing up for what you believe in, etc.

That being said ...

It's TOTALLY fine if YOUR beliefs reject homosexuality or gay marriage. They are YOUR "personal" beliefs. I just don't see the need to forcefully (by vote) inflict your beliefs on those that most likely do not believe the same way that you do.

Fine, don't let gay couples have a "religious" ceremony in your church. But why deny them the right to have a non-religous, legal marriage that has NOTHING to do with your church???

I appreciate what you said about kids raised by Gay parents. As a straight person raised by a gay mother, I absolutely have a different point of view than many other people. What I take offense to, and will defend vehemently are those that say that just because my Mom is gay, she shouldn't have raised me.

There are certainly OTHER reasons why she screwed up raising me, but being Gay was not one of them.

(FYI, I'm not yelling in the ALL CAPS, just trying to better identify the key poitns)

Thanks and yes again my point of view is from a religious point of view, and I think that it's awesome that your mother raised you and brought up a great person like yourself for sure. Also I would never try to force anything religious down anyone's throat because that's up to the individual to decide for themselves, but I did choice to vote yes on it again for the fact that I need to back up my own personal beliefs. I thank you again and everyone who has posted respectful and kindly to this thread. I love hearing you guys out and from the bottom of my heart I love and respect each and every one of you here.

-Josh (Just trying to be the kind voice of "Yes on Prop. 8") Escobar

I've just never really understood the concept of religion. If every religion is right... which one is wrong?

Not all of them can be the truth but people who have their own faith will tell you other religions are wrong with evidence like "They have no proof!" but there is no proof! We know this, or there would be a universal religion because it would be proven as the one and only truth.

And with things like the Bible, how do we know if what we're reading is metaphorical or not? Did Moses really part the red sea, or is that statement really just a way to describe something else?

If the Bible is written by God, in the sense that his ideas were passed through the people who wrote the Bible, man is tainted! God gave us free will according to the bible, so those who wrote it were just as tainted and able to think for ourselves as the rest of us. Could these statements about homosexuality be the opinion of the person interpreting God or is that what's intended? It's impossible to know.

Your reasonings for disagreeing with allowing gay marriage are fine with me, I understand why you feel this way even though I strongly disagree I understand why you have the opinion I do. What I do have a problem with is Prop 8. You can find out some horrible, horrible things that went on with that campaign, the ads were created with the specific intent to make Gay marriage sound like it would ruin the world. It's saying to protect the children from gay marriage.

They don't teach *marriage* in school, so why would they teach *gay* marriage?

It's very interesting to read the other side of the argument, and It's awesome that you've been respectful Crazy4Coasters.

^^ But don't you think by voting yes on prop 8, you have indeed "forced anything religious down anyone's throat"? You could have just abstained from voting on the prop and not effected people in a negative way. Because that's what the passage of Prop 8 did.

^ I agree, I have had this debate a few different times, with a few different people on a few different boards, and have to say that Josh is indeed been the most respectful of the other point of view.

I'll be the first to admit that because this is an issue that's so close to my heart, it can be hard not to get heated.

The Bible is a powerful weapon, and it has been used against blacks, slaves, and left-handed people.

I almost forgot about the laws that were on the books against interracial marriage. A lot of religious leaders were behind those measures as well. Luckily, these laws eventually got struck down as well. I'm sure people look back and realize how silly putting these types of laws on the books were. One day, they'll look at gay marriage in the same like... just takes time and people willing to look at others like they want to be treated... that's the basis of having rights after all.

But don't you think by voting yes on prop 8, you have indeed "forced anything religious down anyone's throat"? You could have just abstained from voting on the prop and not effected people in a negative way. Because that's what the passage of Prop 8 did.

I agree. People also don't realize by using the "protecting children" argument for pass laws like this they've hurt children in the process. There are gay families that already have children... like one of my friends. They been together for 10 years and have two kids, but it would be great for them to be able to get married for the tax breaks and health insurance for the kids. So if they can't get the necessary insurance, who pays for it?

You do now.

There are so many definitions of family now, it's a sad thing when we enact laws that don't take those things in account... because the people that suffer the most would be their kids. I don't think we should have to have gay men and lesbians marrying each other to get insurance and tax breaks for each other's kids.

Also, there are way too many kids that need adopting but no one wants to adopt them. Then on top of that, some states have laws that keep gays from adopting. Now if people are against that, that's fine for them... But I feel in that case they should get down to the orphanage to adopt a kid if they don't anyone else to... or help them find a home for those kids to go. After all, who did they actually hurt?

Terry

Thanks again everyone for the comments! You guys really make me appreciate people's opinions on this delicate matter. Thank you once again to everyone for not attacking or belittling anyone in this thread.

To my friend "Caloway Park" just to answer your question, in Christianity we believe the bible is inspired through God which was written by man through history. So in essence we believe that the Bible was written by God per say, but of course men who were inspired by God, through history, made it in the tangible we have today. I have also read your concern and by many others with the same question about is the Bible metaphoric or just literal. I have no idea who ever started the "Bible must only be metaphoric or the Bible must only be taken literal" debate but to answer your question the Bible is both. As you can see in the following examples one can be metaphoric and the other taken literal.

Psalms 119:105 "Your word is a light unto my feet and a light unto my path." You can see here that the "word" is talking about the Bible and the metaphoric phrase about light and lamp serve to describe the Bible as an "instruction manual" for life.

Exodus 20:15 "Thou shall not steal." Here you can clearly see this passage should be taken in a literal sense. Obliviously you shouldn't steal anything that does not belong to you, hopefully everyone here adheres to this

And for my buddy "sir clinksalot", I personally don't believe I did that because there were a number of other religions and also people with no religion at all that believed in the same way I do. Granted I know they were some people who sadly did join the cause due to hate of gays and for that I'm truly sorry. Again I stand in favor of the measure from a moral standpoint. For the most part of the 20th century homosexuality was opposed because of people believing it was immoral. I still think that not because I'm "out dated with the times" but because my beliefs show me it's not moral, natural and God never intended it to be so. Again if you don't believe in the Bible then of course all my talking sounds like crazy talk.

And finally to my other friend Mr.(terrancew_hod)

I totally agree with your statements because I honestly believe that in time gays will have the right to marry in the future. The United State has it's constitution and "separation of church and state" that will probably allow that to happen. And sorry to get all religious again here but I believe that God is coming back in the rapture soon. In the Bible it mentions:

"But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." (Matthew 24:37-39)

Trust me I'm not saying homosexuality is the driving force of all evil. There are many things that need to occur and that are occurring before the rapture happens. And just to leave some examples of these things mentioned in the Bible, I will leave you with a Bible reference:

"You will hear about wars. You will also hear people talking about future wars. Don't be alarmed. Those things must happen. But the end still isn't here. Nation will fight against nation. Kingdom will fight against kingdom. People will go hungry. There will be earthquakes in many places. All these are the beginning of birth pains. Then people will hand you over to be treated badly and killed. All nations will hate you because of me. At that time, many will turn away from their faith. They will hate each other. They will hand each other over to their enemies." (Matthew 24:6-10)

Sorry to get religious on you guys but I thought it would help out people that probably never read the the Bible and see where our beliefs come from. I thank you guys again for not brushing me aside and calling me "crazy." You guys have been tremendously respectful and honest with your words. I couldn't ask for better people to have a conversation with than you guys. I really hope that even if we have differences in this issue, we can all be can friends and have that beautiful thing we call "love" for each other.

-Josh

^While I understand that, I still don't see where gay marriage enters into any of those passages. "Giving into marriage" is pretty much happening with straights where marrying and divorcing each other is so easy. The Bible can be interpreted many ways and can be easily twisted to make any argument.

The things I pulled out of my time in the church were these:

* Jesus died for ALL of our sins, not just certain people.

* Jesus commanded us to love each other and do unto others as we would have done unto us.

* We will be judged on our works (helping the sick, those less than us, etc.) Lip service need not apply.

* With the coming of Jesus, all the old laws (Old testament) went away. Which pretty much left the "do unto others" law. So if anything you do conflicts with this law, then you probably should be worried.

In our Bible class, our minister explained that so many that lead the church will preach with the old notions of the Old Testament than the love doctrines of Jesus and that's where everyone will fall short. It's not enough to just sit on a pew and listen to what a preacher tells you... you have to open up the word and know it for yourself. And based on that you go out there and help those less than you... and from that people should see that "light" in whatever you do. That's your personal relationship with Christ. If you don't, a preacher can come in and tell you anything (even if it's wrong) and you'll believe it. There's tons of people like that now. A minster once said that there are churches full of members going to Hell because they just listen to what the preacher told them and it wasn't right.

If my understanding is right, it will very interesting on the last day when people see some religious gay people that actually had 'work' standing behind them will be stepping past the self righteous people that only gave lip service to the Lord.

That's why you help others and treat others like you want to be treated while you're here on Earth. That's the main theme what Jesus did and people should follow. If you're more concerned about the doom and gloom and not treating people like you want to be treated, then I think you have something to worry about. I'd rather err on allowing people to have the same treatment as I would than to hold them down. That's more in line what Jesus would do anyway. Besides, it's not like Jesus was hanging with the Holy Rollers...

It seems to me a large part of this debate is little more than semantics. I know plenty of people who feel heterosexual marriages (in the legal aspect) should not be called "marriages" because it blurs the church/state line and compromises the religious integrity of marriage (prime example would be Terry's Las Vegas point). At the same time, they have no problem with gay couples entering legally-recognized relationships. It's just not a "marriage". From that perspective, they aren't forcing their religious views into society, but rather trying to pull their religion out by keeping the religious "marriage" away from the legal unions (and yes, I agree that is hard to do with heterosexual unions legally identified as marriages). I really hope that made sense and didn't come off wrong.

NOTE: I am NOT speaking for Josh nor am I pretending to know his beliefs/faith. He has proven he is more than capable of respectfully speaking for himself. This is just a different "religious" perspective.

^That sounds a lot like "separate but equal". We all know that doesn't work, so why should we perpetuate it?

So either everything thing gets stripped of the word marriage and becomes legal unions or everything becomes marriage. If two people want to torture themselves by joining themselves in this manner, what's the big deal? How does their happiness affect you? It really doesn't in my opinion.

When it comes down to it, to be honest, there's not really a non-religious reason for banning gay marriage. If there is, I'd really like to hear it. Most of the of the conversation goes to "marriage is between a man and woman"... and when we say "why is that?" then it turns to religion. In a country founded against religious persecution and separation of church and state, you can't use this as reasoning. Point blank... you can't use this.

So what are the other reasons against this?

I'm sorry I needed to re-phrase myself then because those verses I gave were leaning more about the "end of times" and not about why the Bible does not condone homosexuality.

And as for your points of course I agree that Jesus dies on the cross for the sins of the whole world. I would never argue that point. We are all sinners in the face of God. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23) That's why everyone needs to be redeemed by the grace of God by accepting he into your heart and life.

And yes we must all love each other no matter what race, religion or sexual preference any person might have, I totally agree with that and practice that daily. I personally also do follow the golden rule of "doing unto others just as you would like them to do to you." Remember my stance on this is not about hate it's about my religious beliefs. The Bible teaches me that homosexuality is a sin and therefore shouldn't be practice. People have their own life and are able to make their own choices on that. Bu that still does not change the fact that it's a sin.

And just to show you how I view this, the word of God is love. It gives you a guide to how you can live a life that is "good" in his eyes. That doesn't mean the person who gives the most to charity is automatically is good because it's really what is in the person's heart that counts. (meaning if the person is just giving to give glorify to one self so that other could see it, that's not good in the eyes of God.) So if I the word of God teaches me the homosexuality is wrong then if I LOVE others I must warn them not to practice that in life. If I LOVE you I must warn you of what God really wants your life to be like. How can God see you in "good" eyes if you don't follow what he left us in his word. People warn each other about things to stay away from when they love them. They want no harm to them. BUT that doesn't mean to stay away or hate gays at all. It means to leave that homosexuality practice away from your life.

And yes you will be judge of your works again in life. But it's not the only factor you will be judge by. God will expect to you to have lived a life according to his word. You can't just pick stuff you like from the Bible and just follow those. You must obey all of it and live by it as a testament of your faith.

And finally when Jesus died on the cross all the "old" laws did not go away. If that were to happen then the 10 commandments need not apply today, which wouldn't make any sense because thankfully many of us even if we're not religious follow them. When Jesus died he left the disciples and apostle to continue his work and left us a way for salvation through his death. Again there are many things in the New testament other than "due unto others" verse. If you would like to know them I would be more than happy to show them to you my dear friend.

I completely agree with of not listening just to the "preacher" but to look for the answers yourself in the word of God. Trust me, just like many, I have had my doubts , but the Bible has proven to me time and time again with those issues that I need more understanding about. I'm very happy to hear your that type of person as well and I know that will definitely will help you in the long run.

I know you're going to hate me on this but I can assure you homosexuals will not go to heaven. I know it sounds really harsh but let me explain before the rocks start heading my way It the Bible homosexuality is a sin. Now everyone sins but when you hear "how can a murdered go into heaven and not a gay person?" Well committing murder is a sin, that's GRANTED. Now a murderer can honestly repent from his sin of murdering if he truly and honestly turns away from it and ask for forgiveness from the Lord from his heart. Only God will know if the person did repented honestly, and if they did repent, accept Jesus into their hearts and live the life just like the word of God teaches, then he will go into heaven. Now a gay person can live a great, honest, caring, giving and beautiful life but he/she is still in sin for the fact they are their homosexuality. So if that person dies then how can God accept that person into sin if that person reject his word in the Bible and lived a life not according to his word. Again it comes back to the fact that you can not pick and choose and say "well I'll give to charity, I will help the less fortunate, I live an honest life and follow every moral code, but I will still be gay." God did not intend no one to be gay from the beginning of time "Adam and Eve" and it sin lead for homosexuality to come into play. To get into heaven you must follow the word of God and accept every aspect of it. Remember if you don't believe in the Bible then of course this wouldn't concern you but as my faith leads me to, I must share his word and love to everyone and it's up to the individual to accept it or not. Freedom of choice is that gift God gave to everyone and with that if you do accept his words, your love for him will come voluntarily and not forcefully.

-Josh (I really love you guys) Escobar

^The Bible also says it's a sin to eat pork and shellfish, wear clothing made from blends, and have two types of crops in a field. Keep in mind that the verses that condemn what I just said are close to where the Bible condemns homosexuality. However, those who condemn homosexuality say that the other "laws" were meant for a different time, but that the "law" on homosexuality is still valid.

Now, I'm straight, and I support gay marriage. If it will allow gay marriage, then I support those who want to replace marriage with civil union. There will still be marriage in religion, but homosexual couples will be able to receive the same benefits that straight couples can.

And yes we must all love each other no matter what race, religion or sexual preference any person might have, I totally agree with that and practice that daily. I personally also do follow the golden rule of "doing unto others just as you would like them to do to you." Remember my stance on this is not about hate it's about my religious beliefs. The Bible teaches me that homosexuality is a sin and therefore shouldn't be practice. People have their own life and are able to make their own choices on that. Bu that still does not change the fact that it's a sin.

And just to show you how I view this, the word of God is love. It gives you a guide to how you can live a life that is "good" in his eyes. That doesn't mean the person who gives the most to charity is automatically is good because it's really what is in the person's heart that counts. (meaning if the person is just giving to give glorify to one self so that other could see it, that's not good in the eyes of God.) So if I the word of God teaches me the homosexuality is wrong then if I LOVE others I must warn them not to practice that in life. If I LOVE you I must warn you of what God really wants your life to be like. How can God see you in "good" eyes if you don't follow what he left us in his word. People warn each other about things to stay away from when they love them. They want no harm to them. BUT that doesn't mean to stay away or hate gays at all. It means to leave that homosexuality practice away from your life.

And yes you will be judge of your works again in life. But it's not the only factor you will be judge by. God will expect to you to have lived a life according to his word. You can't just pick stuff you like from the Bible and just follow those. You must obey all of it and live by it as a testament of your faith.

And finally when Jesus died on the cross all the "old" laws did not go away. If that were to happen then the 10 commandments need not apply today, which wouldn't make any sense because thankfully many of us even if we're not religious follow them. When Jesus died he left the disciples and apostle to continue his work and left us a way for salvation through his death. Again there are many things in the New testament other than "due unto others" verse. If you would like to know them I would be more than happy to show them to you my dear friend.

I completely agree with of not listening just to the "preacher" but to look for the answers yourself in the word of God. Trust me, just like many, I have had my doubts , but the Bible has proven to me time and time again with those issues that I need more understanding about. I'm very happy to hear your that type of person as well and I know that will definitely will help you in the long run.

I know you're going to hate me on this but I can assure you homosexuals will not go to heaven. I know it sounds really harsh but let me explain before the rocks start heading my way It the Bible homosexuality is a sin. Now everyone sins but when you hear "how can a murdered go into heaven and not a gay person?" Well committing murder is a sin, that's GRANTED. Now a murderer can honestly repent from his sin of murdering if he truly and honestly turns away from it and ask for forgiveness from the Lord from his heart. Only God will know if the person did repented honestly, and if they did repent, accept Jesus into their hearts and live the life just like the word of God teaches, then he will go into heaven. Now a gay person can live a great, honest, caring, giving and beautiful life but he/she is still in sin for the fact they are their homosexuality. So if that person dies then how can God accept that person into sin if that person reject his word in the Bible and lived a life not according to his word. Again it comes back to the fact that you can not pick and choose and say "well I'll give to charity, I will help the less fortunate, I live an honest life and follow every moral code, but I will still be gay." God did not intend no one to be gay from the beginning of time "Adam and Eve" and it sin lead for homosexuality to come into play. To get into heaven you must follow the word of God and accept every aspect of it. Remember if you don't believe in the Bible then of course this wouldn't concern you but as my faith leads me to, I must share his word and love to everyone and it's up to the individual to accept it or not. Freedom of choice is that gift God gave to everyone and with that if you do accept his words, your love for him will come voluntarily and not forcefully.

-Josh (I really love you guys) Escobar

Sounds to me like you are saying we chose to be this way. Yup I totally chose it. I chose to be shoved in the halls at school, be rejected by my family, chose to be considered a "second-class citizen". You are totally right dude. For that, I applaud you.

You say that you live an honest life and go by every moral code. I also thought you said that everyone is a sinner? Let me ask you something. Have you ever eaten shelfish? Whoops, that's wrong (Leviticus 11:9-12). Ever wore polyester? Crap. That's wrong too (Leviticus 19:19). Do you know anyone who is divorced? Any at all? Have you warned them of their eminent hell?

Sounds like you are being a selective literalist here. See, I don't read the Bible literally. I take it into the context and culture of the time. What the authors meant is TOTALLY different than what we interpret it as.

Honestly, you have taken this too far. It's hard to hear, "I love you guys" and then hear "choice", "unnatural", "sin", "going to hell". Ya, that's some real love.

^ And honestly I'd watch yourself. Both sides of the issue have been really great about respecting each other and not making personal attacks. This thread has reached what, 215 pages.

I'd suggest us wrapping up this Prop 8 debate. Its going nowhere fast. That way the thread can return to what it was originally used for....

For 13 year old boys to say I'm gay!

And 9 year old boys to brag about the non-existing girlfriends.

Thanks!

^^I have to work on this room, so I will keep this short and will probably be my last post on this.

1) If the 10 commands didn't go away, shouldn't the Christians efforts be on laws concerning them (we're back to adultery and divorce)? Why isn't there an effort to get laws towards this? That's a bigger problem and it's shocking that no one will even discuss this, but they're quick to jump on the "gays are immoral" bandwagon. I'm just glad I don't have to answer for that. Seems to me if marriage was so important they would tackle this rather than setting up smoke screens with easy targets.

2) Anyone who loves the Lord and accepts him as their personal savior WILL get into Heaven. HE said this. You should know this. Jesus didn't say "If you're gay you can just forget it". That's you talking not Him. That's why it says that everyone should worry about their own salvation, not everyone elses... read that as don't worry about what goes on in someone else's house just your own.

Now I don't make a big deal out of my religion because it's my personal relationship with the Lord. It may be hard for you to believe because I'm gay, but He does speak to me too. (And I won't have you tell me He doesn't) There's been times where he's spoke to me when I or one of my friends and in one particular instance He would let me move until I got on my knees and prayed. It was so powerful one time I couldn't move. I prayed and cried for an hour. But you know, afterwards my friend (that was ill) came through it fine and I felt better and thanked Him.

So I really resent what you said because I know the Lord and I'm here for a reason and He loves me. I won't have you dispute that, period. If you have an issue with that, He said to take it up with him. (Just did a little prayer and got some enlightenment). I wouldn't if I were you... Trust. Now I'm going to do what He said and leave this alone.

Back to cleaning out this closet.

Terry

Hey guys nice to hear new people in this conversation, welcome and I hope to hear more of you guys in the future. I have read the verse about the shellfish, pork and homosexuality in the old testament. Yes all that was referring to those the things they should not do in those time. Now when Jesus talked in the New testament he did do away with most of the stuff you mention. Concerning the pork and shellfish was consider "dirty" in those old times but when Jesus came he address that issue so I can enjoy all the bacon, a shellfish I want in Port o' Call in San Pedro, CA

"For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashed hands defiles not a man." (Matthew 15:19-20)

As you can see Jesus corrected their wrong way of interpreting his word (law) and explained that what a person eats or consume does not make him unclean but what his actions and words do.

And as for the coming of Jesus being proclaimed for 2000 years already here's a verse to help you understand why he has not come yet and why he's coming at any moment:

"Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with {their} mocking, following after their own lusts, and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For {ever} since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation." For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God {the} heavens existed long ago and {the} earth was formed out of water and by water, through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water. But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. But do not let this one {fact} escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:3-9)

We are already past 2000 years so in God's eyes that is 2 days that have past. If you remember from the Bible Jesus arose from the dead on the 3rd day, so will he come back for us on the "3rd" day which we are now in. (2 days = 2000 years for the Lord) We have entered the 3rd day already so he return is near.

As for my friend (smartestkidever) I'm deeply sorry for all the pain you have gone through. I really don't know how homosexuality works but one thing is for sure, I have had friends turned their life around for Christ and have been stopped from their homosexuality. They have told me that it was a inner desire within them that with time came to pass. I have faith that you turn your life for Christ he can save help you in that regard. And just to let you know I have warned my friends about divorce and many other sins that they might commit. Remember am not perfect but by following the word of God you at I least try to be as close as an example as Jesus was. And like I said before, I do love everyone and Bible teaches me to warn people about these things that God does not want in our lives. If you loved someone that was not helping themselves would you do anything possible (even going against the norm, putting my neck on the line, and being mock) to give you warning that needs to be heard.? I value and care about your life as well and I have to continue this message because I love you. Love has no boundaries and has no fear of failing. That's why I can honestly say I love you guys, and I mean it that buddy.

Thank you again guys for hearing me out. This will be my last reply concerning this and I hope at least you can see where I come from. Again it comes down to what everyone believes in and I respect that completely. Again I'm sorry if I offended anyone but in my heart (which comes with vast amount of prayers and my personal relationship with God) has come all that I have posted. Please remember I would love to obtain each of your friendships and hope God leads us to where he wants us to be. Thanks again you guys for letting this topic get to this point. I look forward to talking to you guys about other subject in TPR (I think Coasters where the talk of the town once here) God bless you guys and I will see you guys aorund the site

-Josh

Like Mr. Six said, you guys have mostly done a really good job debating a hot topic (like I posted several pages back!)

I agree that a lot has been said, and let's get this thread back on track now. Thanks!

Elissa "I like boys!" (But not small boys in tights!)

Although Martin Luther King Jr. said the following in referring to race, it applies to many areas just by changing the italicized words.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Over time I have learned not to judge any individual or group of people until I know them individually. I have met people of many religions, nationalities, age groups, sexual orientations, political factions, race, etc... and can honestly say I have found individuals I like and individuals I dislike in each group.

It is very important to go through life with an open mind, you don't have to agree with everybody, but disagreeing with others out of ignorance never helps a situation.

^That video was awesome! It basically sums up every bad argument for the banning of gay marriage by showing how ridiculous most of them are. Reminds me of myself when I argue about the topic with those against gays getting married (hence the reason I've stayed far away from this topic lol).