2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

^My brothers a ex-mormon that's now gay. Yep, I have a gay brother (actually several relatives are)

I think the Mormon bit was more about a certain missionary that kept coming by when he was in high school! (you'll never see me switch religions just to get with someone) He practiced the religion during his college years and did his missionary work for a few years. Those were his straight years though as he would proclaim and he told he was bisexual a year after I came out to him.

He doesn't speak of religion much; he's just a big gay sinner now!

I will have to ask him how he got from missionary work to missionary position.... (Um, did I say that in my inside voice? )

Terry

I'm a 15 year-old Guy who likes Guys.

Technically, I'm not out, but everyone knows. I told a couple of close friends, and surprise surprise....The entire school finds out, but the thing is, they(everyone) don't know, that I know, that they know, so they pretend they don't know, and I pretend I don't know, that they know...Whew, that was difficult to say.

If my family finds out, I'll most likely be sent to live with my great Aunt in Texas, but I'd prefer to stay in Indiana, so I'm still in the closet until I leave for college.

^I really feel for you, hun.

I'm fortunate enough to not have to worry about being kicked out of my home for my sexual orientation. One of my best friends was helping her cousin come out, and when he said "Mom, I'm gay." she kicked him out then and there. I feel horrible knowing that I have places for support, and a mother who loves me no matter what, when there are places where people are kicked out of their home from their own "family".

I've had a horrible past couple weeks at school, and last week was the first time anyone had done anything physical to me. I'm blogging about it right now, but I felt coming here was more important at the moment.

I have the feeling that if everyone at your school knows you are gay, then it will get to your parents soon. Before I came out, I avoided EVERYTHING so my mom wouldn't find out. I never joined G/SA, I put "straight" under the orientation section on MySpace, and I never went to any website that could give it away. Hell, on TPR, I said I was straight!

I really don't know what to tell you. However, I have an idea. Now I'm not sure if it's the best, but I hope it's something to consider. Maybe you should have a one-on-one conversation with your mom or dad and tell them that there is a rumor going around school that you are gay and that you "know it's wrong" and how they can help "stop the rumor" or whatever. I know it may sound dumb, but it's better than getting kicked out, in my opinion.

Our school has a policy where if they here students talking about one another, they must inform the parents of what has been said about the child.

On another note, I just got a facebook message calling me a gay stalker from the german foreign exchange student...hmmmm. Hes gonna have a whole lot of hate coming at him tomorrow.

^Take the note to your school and say you're being harassed. Send nothing to them in response. This may be a case of cyber bullying, especially if you didn't initiate the contact, and they could be breaking laws. If they are, press charges.

You have documentation in your hand now. Also report the user to facebook, letting them know explicitly that you're being harassed, and get their account deleted.

You should have no sympathy for those people... let the law handle them if they fall foul of the law. Kids that harass in this type of manner need a "timeout" in the state juvenile system.

But coming out in high school is difficult and you really need to know who your friends are before you make the decision to out yourself. Tell the wrong "friend" and your business is all over the school, which makes school life harder. I don't know which is worse: keeping your sexuality to yourself during high school and being miserable or telling the wrong person and being harassed by your peers.

Terry

^Did you report it to the authorities? You need to!

You should take threats like that seriously and the law will too. People do stuff like this because they think you won't do anything about it.

I had a little harassment when in high school that lasted for a few days. That's before they found out I was crazy and could beat bigger kids senseless. It was a complete mess when a scrawny kid like me was flying through the air at a big kid and succeeding in knocking them down and beating them! Then they left me alone. It was what I learned from the race fights I had to go through when we got bussed to a predominately white school; so I didn't take crap from anyone.

I wouldn't recommend that kind of stuff now. Just tell the authorities and let them handle it. Back then, the schools weren't equipped to handle these type of situations, but now they're afraid of getting sued for not acting.

Terry

coasterfreak101:

Maryland has a gay-specific anti-bullying law according to the link at the bottom of this post:

Anti-bully laws

States with ‘generic’ anti-bully laws:

Arizona

Arkansas

Colorado

Georgia

Illinois

Louisiana

Nevada

New Hampshire

Oklahoma

Oregon

Tennessee

Texas

Virginia

West Virginia

States with gay-specific anti-bully laws:

Connecticut

Maryland

Massachusetts

Rhode Island

Vermont

Washington

Wisconsin

States with gay and trans-specific anti-bully laws:

California

District of Columbia

Maine

Minnesota

New Jersey

Tell your principal to do something about this as kids making death threats against gay students should be taken seriously and handled. If he doesn't, remind him about the law and tell him you'll contact the Human Rights campaign and sue the hell out of his school and have him fired.

Time for your school to do its job and make its kids feel safe.

http://www.washblade.com/2006/4-28/news/national/report.cfm

• 2 weeks later...

Any straighter and I'd be weird but to each his own as my dead grandfather used to say"everyone has a different taste said the girl as she kissed the cow" moooving right along no more cow jokes for now like Arnold I'm an elephant who loves donkey's hehehe

But i like many girls and that's not on the choices either but hey oh and no choices for cats either since i have five of them

Any straighter and I'd be weird but to each his own as my dead grandfather used to say"everyone has a different taste said the girl as she kissed the cow" moooving right along no more cow jokes for now like Arnold I'm an elephant who loves donkey's hehehe

But i like many girls and that's not on the choices either but hey oh and no choices for cats either since i have five of them

Ok....I'm not sure what you were on but I'd like some

^ I was thinking that too. The last time someone spoke like that, 15 minutes later they had to carry him out of the club from overdosing.

What's troubling is that I'm thinking you speak exactly like that.

When I have to read a post multiple times to find out what a person said (and I'm still not sure), it's a problem. Please slow down and take time to check your posts for proper punctuation and grammar.

Terry "But what did he say" Weaver

How do you guys except being gay? Im stuck in a pickle. I REALLY want to get married and have like the perfect wife and the perfect family(you know...two income household, a nice suburban house, a Mercedes Benz CLS)...but I can't help but find David Archuleta super super cute and his smile makes me melt. Am I having an identiy crisis.