2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

One question for all of you guys who are like 14,15 years old. How do you know?

It just seems the more I grow up the more I think why did I decide so young?

How'd you know you were straight at 14-15?

Anyways, I'm out to my mother. She says it'll be an "adjustment." Nothing's changed in the past week though, so I think she's pretty cool. One of her first questions was: "Do friends know about this? Guy friends?"

^Still like the "We help to keep overpopulation down." idea.

I knew I was attracted to boys when I was in about 4th or 5th grade, because of the things I would do. Lets just call it "curiousity".

Then by 6th or 7th grade it hit me..."Im gay", but during high school I did go through my "im bi" stage... Now, im gay, happy and proud.

As I've said before in the thread, I'm straight. At school, there is this one girl I like, but I don't know if I should tell her. We've been friends for a couple of months now, but I don't want to take it to the next level yet because if she says no, then our friendship will become nothing but awkward. Even if we do stay friends, I'll be fine with that. She is a really great friend. I guess I'm kinda taking the Sydney Carton route with this (except I'm not a drunk).

• 2 weeks later...
I'm 14, 15 this month and I'm 99% sure I'm straight I have had girlfriends and never had a boyfriend so I'm pretty sure I'm straight although Maxxie from skins ha ha

Ouch. My head hurts. Do you know what a "run-on sentence" is?

This one is wearing Nikes.

I expect better from across the pond.

C'mon, "youth of tomorrow", this is not how you do it. School is your friend.

Terry "Hasn't had his coffee" Weaver

^Grammar overrides topics when a person consistently uses bad grammar in their posts, which makes it difficult to read. Normally I don't say anything (not a stickler for that stuff), but I've ran across several posts he's written (including a locked thread by him) over the last two days and all of them were badly written. Something had to be said.

Use this sticky as a reference.

@rollerboy:

But if you notice there is the word and in there which joins on two sentences.

But where are the periods or semicolons? You have at least four sentences that need to be split out. If you wrote that for English Composition, that whole thing would have had a red marker written through it.

Like I said, I'm not a stickler for pointing out mistakes; we all do them from time to time. I have to look over my post several times before hitting the submit button (and then I still don't get all of it right). But, when the posts are consistently bad, then you have to do something about it. Besides, you'd rather have me tell you now than a mod or Robb stepping in... people do get banned here for their grammar and not using search when creating new threads.

Ok. That's enough of me "backseat modding" and derailing the topic.

Terry

I'm laughing a bit at what I've read since my absence from this forum. Mostly about the drama... all about the drama. Anyway, I'll be the first to admit that I'm gay, and I'm not gonna hide the fact that when I came to terms with who I was, I wanted to flaunt it into everybody's face, I wanted to "come out" to everyone. But as of late I've been a lot more laid back about my sexuality. After all, I'm still young and honestly my sexuality has little, to no influence on my life yet. It's a little stupid to try and jump into boyfriend after boyfriend when you're in school. You're too young to know what real love is, and I know I am. It's just a bunch of hormones. With that in mind, I've made a resolve to stop flaunting my preferences. I don't tell anyone, unless they need, or want to know, or they just ask, and if the way I act gives it away, big friggin' deal. It's just me being me, not trying to draw attention on myself.

Anywho, I just figured I'd say that. Though I would also admit that I'm probably a bit more shy about it because of where I live. Utah is very religion oriented. Not to the point of cult fundamentalists, but enough that some people frown upon being gay, and even more on 'dating' under 17. But is being keeping your own issues to yourself such a bad thing?

^ I know what you mean about flaunting it to people. I was sort of the same way, maybe slipping it in or having it come up somehow. When you've hidden the fact that you're gay for so long and finally have the courage to be open about it, you want to tell people.

Of course, while not being annoying .

-Nick

I'm laughing a bit at what I've read since my absence from this forum. Mostly about the drama... all about the drama. Anyway, I'll be the first to admit that I'm gay, and I'm not gonna hide the fact that when I came to terms with who I was, I wanted to flaunt it into everybody's face, I wanted to "come out" to everyone. But as of late I've been a lot more laid back about my sexuality. After all, I'm still young and honestly my sexuality has little, to no influence on my life yet. It's a little stupid to try and jump into boyfriend after boyfriend when you're in school. You're too young to know what real love is, and I know I am. It's just a bunch of hormones. With that in mind, I've made a resolve to stop flaunting my preferences. I don't tell anyone, unless they need, or want to know, or they just ask, and if the way I act gives it away, big friggin' deal. It's just me being me, not trying to draw attention on myself.

Anywho, I just figured I'd say that. Though I would also admit that I'm probably a bit more shy about it because of where I live. Utah is very religion oriented. Not to the point of cult fundamentalists, but enough that some people frown upon being gay, and even more on 'dating' under 17. But is being keeping your own issues to yourself such a bad thing?

Well said my friend! This is a point that I have been trying to get across to "younger" folks for a while now. Be who you are - that's all you have to do. Realize that hormones are hormones - and that you don't have to get into a relationship so soon. Be yourself - accept yourself - find friends that you respect and that respect you - enjoy life.

Kudos! You have renewed my faith in people! Thanks!

David

^ I know what you mean about flaunting it to people. I was sort of the same way, maybe slipping it in or having it come up somehow. When you've hidden the fact that you're gay for so long and finally have the courage to be open about it, you want to tell people.

Of course, while not being annoying .

-Nick

Yeah, I think it is that once you open up about it you want to tell people. When I came out at 23 I had all the gay pride stickers, got the pride colors tattooed. Now I've calmed down.. . I don't have the stickers anymore but I'm stuck with the tatts. I'm am just glad that more and more people have the courage to come out now.

Heh, I guess I should add a bit, and I've just found a code-of-conduct of sorts for the mass of people "coming out" to the public... mostly teens my age, because by the looks of it... we need help.

You can either come out in one of two ways:

A) Burst forth in a nuclear explosion of rainbows, tassels, brightly colored streamers and eurobeat rave music, or-

B) Tell the people who ask, and the people who need to know... that's it.

I've got a... friend (and I use the term very loosely... hate the little annoying bugger) in Provo, who decided to come out with method A, and had to run home and lock the door five minutes later after being chased by at least two mobs (exaggeration) . Of course the fact that he lives in ghettosville Utah (Not nearly as ghetto as any other state but still pretty frumpy), might contribute to his near mauling, It just proves that nobody likes it when you blow up at some random time in public, with rainbows and pink thongs bursting forth from your withering corpse.

Pretty sure I'm going to regret posting this, but I really needed to be sarcastic with the U-Pass (state tests) lurking around.

Last weekend I came out to my family! It felt so good.

Well actually my friend told my mum without telling me he did and it happened on the way home from Ikea.

Mum: "Daniel, Your friend Trevor told me something, that you were... Gay, Is it true"

Me: "Yeah... it is..."

Mum "Yes! It means I don't have to worry about grandchildren! I can party"

And I am being 100% serious, that is exactly what happened. Not my expected reaction to say the least...