2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

• 2 weeks later...

<---Sometimes likes girls, sometimes like guys. Depending on the mood, lol!

I feel sorry for people who live lies sometimes. Like, there is this guy who has been dating this chick forever, and he still hasn't come out even though we all know he's gay! To be honest, I think she knows it too, but is just afraid to accept it.

That's why I live life!

wow. i can't believe how many teens there are on the board who know their sexuality.

congratulations to them!

this is a really interesting thread. glad to see it go so smoothly over the years. i think all things considered, it's very interesting. the straights validating, the gay exclaiming. and everyone's getting along. GO TPRers!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

^Ditto.

Though truth be told, if i wasn't so uncomfortable in my teens with being gay, i would have probably accepted it much much sooner. I feel the world is (mostly) changing to make gays less of a pariah so it is easier now to accept ones sexuallity.

Not that I am saying being out in high school is easy.

Of course it's not!!! I think most of us, gay men, had from small to big troubles at high school concerning our sexuality. I accepted it at the age of 18, when I was at the University, but I started to live it freely at 22 (now i'm 29). Although, i'm still attending psicoanalisis meetings, because i believe it really helps to understand ourselves!

By the way... Moose, who are you in the avatar???

Very interesting topic!

(sorry for my English grammar, i promise that i'll improve it post after post, jeje!)

I'm the one in front.

It's not what it looks like, I swear, check the Spain updates for a bit more of the story

I accepted it late in college. I wish it had happened sooner, I think would have been much happier.

Of course it's not!!! I think most of us, gay men, had from small to big troubles at high school concerning our sexuality. I accepted it at the age of 18, when I was at the University, but I started to live it freely at 22 (now i'm 29). Although, i'm still attending psicoanalisis meetings, because i believe it really helps to understand ourselves!

It was hard for me at the beginning of the year, but that's pretty much changed from now. In fact, guys that wanted to beat the sh*t outta me just because I existed now let me touch their muscles and give them hugs! !!! There still are haters and such, but it's all working out better than I thought it would. I'm kinda lucky I guess. But what I'm getting at is that coming varies from high school to high school, and from gay guy to gay guy (Some gay guys at my school are liked more than others cause they aren't as flamboyant. My drama teacher is gay but everyone loves him!).

I came out partially at the end of 12th grade. I only told all my good friends and a few cool teachers, no one really had a problem with it. Even though I knew others around school kind of suspected it, they never asked, I never told and went about my business. After I graduated in 2004, I still didn't know how I was gonna break it to my parents & step-parents. With the urging of my outspoken step-mom..I told mom & dad. They took it pretty well and even though they know, I don't really talk much about boys around them like I do with my sisters lol...too awkward for me.

P.S. The drama teacher at my school was straight (or so I think), though the principle at our school, He got caught....how should I say....giving some guy a "helping hand" in a park at night and was fired from my school.