2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

i noticed i never posted a serious answer here other than adding hobosexual to the TPR vocabulary

i think though I can honestly say i feel I fall outside of a category though.. other than... Omnisexual. I love women... hell, i married one (the fact that she loves women too doesn't hurt.) but i also find myself strongly attracted to Transsexuals and men... though in all honestly in only a sexual, lustful way. Not sure i could ever have a "relationship" with a man.... but... i just don't feel it is nessascary to restrict myself to any one type of person... or to that matter... any one person.

I been having so many dreams lately about coming out to the family. Some of them are sooo realistic, but they vary greatly. Its either the "I already knew that" to the "its the Devil and its because you don't go to church" one.

All my friends pretty much know (some of them knew before I knew myself.) Of course I don't talk about such things with co-workers, but I'm sure they suspect it. So in a sense the family is the last frontier. I still don't think I'm ready for it. So I commend anyone who is completely "out".

^ Yeah, the family is really the hardest thing for me too. I know that my mom knows there's nothing wrong with it. But for some reason at this point in time I just don't want her to know about it, ever. I'm sure it'll all be different in a few years.

I just read the whole thread, and it gave me courage.

I submitted to the poll that I was bi, but I don't know if I should turn completely gay. I mean, I am young to choose my orientation (IMO), but I have WAY more attraction to guys than women. I know, it is that time of age to be 'curious' and experimental with the same sex, but the feelings are strong. I told most of my friends that I was bi, but not my family. I think they think I am, though. Maybe, I'm just bi then.

PS. Sorry to resurrect the topic (again)

^You have PLENTY of time to make a decision. You're 13; don't be in a big rush to "grow up". Enjoy these years and make the most of them!

Trust me... people that start this young become BIG messes when they hit their 20's. Lay the groundwork in other areas (school for example), before you head down this road!

Terry

^ Exactly what he said. You're pretty much better off concetrating on other things in your life first. IMO, its too early to even worry about that. You're in a stage in life where you're undergoing a lot of physical, mental and emotional changes. I had about the same feelings when I was your age, but never really put in too much thought about them. Yeah, I was pretty confused as to why I was feeling these feelings, but I never let it affect me in my everyday life. Enjoy your youth, take care of other important matters first, then once you're older and more established, you can start dealing with it more accordingly.

Ditto...let it find you.

I'd suggest not looking at it as a choice (its less stressful that way). Go with your heart.

You're about the same age I started thinking about guys, but I always thought it was a phase, just a physical attraction sort of thing. Once I tried dating girls, it still took me a while to put it all together. Don't rush yourself...its more fun that way!

I definately agree with the comment about people becoming a mess in their 20's. I see it all around me, people who had to announce they were gay like its all about them all of a sudden...that pushes people away

Haha, I was the same way actually... I've been with women before... and each time I go back, I realize why I'm gay

Yup....aaaand now he's just with me

Seriously though, I did the bi thing too. I messed around with a girl once (mind you, I was 15, going on 16) and decided it wasn't for me. As Terry said, you've got PLENTY of time. Just live your life to it's fullest and let it take you where it takes you.

• 2 weeks later...
I am straight. But many people precive me as gay because I dance competitivly, and have more female freinds than male.

I think its funny I have the opposite problem. It suprises me that certain people think of me as straight. I'm not saying that I walk around "limp -wristed" and "sa-shaying" around like im on a runway, but if you knew me, I'd think you could tell.

I put down Bi, in the poll. And a few of you peeps may remember that I had problems at about April time because my parents found out I was Bi. Thus, meaning I wasnt on the internet much and I was hardly on TPR. (I am making a comeback!)

Anyways, I just want to say that I now have a Girl Friend......but I still feel strange about having one. I feel wrong with going out with her at times because I still do have a bit of gayness in me. I still think about Guys and all at times.

Seriously!! Why is life so complicated!!!