2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

My sexual orientation is whatever comes along. My parents know about it, they don't really care.

"Whatever comes along..."??? My hero!!! I used to be all into "whatever comes along," but these days I'm pretty much stuck in the inescapable pit of...wait, lemme rephrase...I'm married.

I guess if I HAD to classify myself, I'd say emotionally straight and physically bi...if that makes sense.

^My dad and like most of my uncles are lmao

God im screwed!

That sucks, I think most of my cousins are because every time im with them at a party or something they always make rude comments about gay guys, and I just sit there like...."Oh, hehe". Thats why im never coming out to anyone else while im still living here, and I dont have to worry about my mom telling anyone because I think she's "embarrassed" of me or something

That doesn't mean you're gay, it means you're alot more mature than them.

Oddly enough, I was just discussing my sexual preference with my favorite cousin yesterday when my mom walked in. My mom asked me what attracts me to guys more than girls? I don't know why, but I can never really seem to answer that question...Maybe because i'm afraid of being judge for the answer I would give...I don't know, but my family and friends are cool with me being gay, just that everynow and then I get the occasional "why?"

Oddly enough, I was just discussing my sexual preference with my favorite cousin yesterday when my mom walked in. My mom asked me what attracts me to guys more than girls? I don't know why, but I can never really seem to answer that question...Maybe because i'm afraid of being judge for the answer I would give...I don't know, but my family and friends are cool with me being gay, just that everynow and then I get the occasional "why?"

OMG YOU ARE SO LUCKY. How did you get your mom to be OK with it? My mom like freaks out about it.

~Matthew

I fail at scoring with chicks, it's somewhat pitiful.

Oh well, more money for me

haha. I hear ya, man.

Lots of girls I know are always posting those "I want the nice guy" bullitens on myspace and then turn around and go with some a-hole jock who they think is hot.

bleh.

girls are too confusing.

I hate how people don't get it. It's not a decision. I recently came out to one of my friends and I'm glad I did. My family doesn't know and for some reason I REALLY don't want them to. EVER. But the thing I hate the most is people who think being gay is horrible. You live with what you get. And I hate when people say "That's so gay". Can you imagine if people went around saying "That's so black" or "That's so asian". It's really annoying.

OMG YOU ARE SO LUCKY. How did you get your mom to be OK with it? My mom like freaks out about it.

~Matthew

I think giving her time will do it and she has to be open to discuss things. I recently told my mom and she's kinda distant right now. But then I told her "Hey you're the one that asked! And don't even give me the guilt trips 'cause you KNOW it never works with me."

We've have our rocky relationship ever since my parents' nasty divorce, which of course happened when I was on my own at college and discovering my sexuality... their separation and divorce dragged on for years and I was actually the one that stopped talking to my them because they were dragging me into the junk. So we had already established if they were gonna be in my life it's on my terms. I'm just giving her time.

Besides if she thinks finding out I'm gay sent her reeling, wait until she finds out she gonna have a legal son-in-law when my brother marries his boyfriend in Finland in two weeks! I'm gonna need popcorn for that one!

^Sounds fun!

My parents "found out" almost a year ago, but I think they shrugged it off as my being "confused." It isn't, though, I know what I am. There was some term we learned in Health a while ago...it was some type of "coping tecnique" that people use...it wasn't denial, it was something else...

Anyways, all my friends know I'm gay, it's just a matter of letting my parents know.

Get used to people not accepting it, it seems a lot more extreme coming from your mom but there will be others and they don't have to deal with you.

but the beuatiful part of life is that most of the time you don't have to deal with them either.

~Matthew

I just knew my mom would be okay with from the start but....when I told her she was ok with it but she asked a billions questions. Though he is the greatest dad one could hope for, I thought he'd be pissed. I mean you'd usually expect the dad to be pissed finding out his son is gay. He surprised me, he told me that "I love you for you, and I don't care who you date, just as long as you are happy and that person doesn't cross you." Maybe your mom needs more time to let in sink in.