2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

I date different people to but I prefer guys that are not girly, if I wanted to date someone that acts like that, then why not just date a girl then...right? I do look for personaliy and common interest...but If i'm not attracted to the person, then whats the point?

I can understand that. I'm just saying when you put outward appearances at the top of your preferences you're setting yourself up for failure.

In other news, this weekend was a doozy. My straight workout partner and I went to a beach party to hear some music and said he's now bisexual, although he's really scared to actually be with a guy. I told him that he just take his time and not rush into anything until he's more comfortable with his gay side. We then met a group of bodybuilders and they were of course crazy about my friend, but one of them who was "very straight acting" (sorry had to rub it in ) and I jokingly called him "big daddy" all day told me "your friend is adorable, but you're HOT". That a big compliment because no one has ever said that to me, just nice, cute, attractive, etc. He wants to help me train to get more mass and cut, and take me to dinner. That's kinda ironic how a few people are looking for "straight acting" guys and I end up snagging one for myself. Didn't mean it, but like I said, when you're not looking for one, they show up.

I date different people to but I prefer guys that are not girly, if I wanted to date someone that acts like that, then why not just date a girl then...right? I do look for personality and common interest...but If I'm not attracted to the person, then whats the point?

I can understand that. I'm just saying when you put outward appearances at the top of your preferences you're setting yourself up for failure.

But also, think it as if it were your future. If you were to just be with this person the rest of your life, you better like what your waking up next to in bed!

^ Aren't we all?

Nope still straight after all these years.

Me too, but i'm cool with most gay people. I dont like the ones (sorry to bring up the stereotype) that are extremely feminine and constantly stare, it just freaks me out for some reason, but besides that i have no problem with gay people.

And yes, i find lesbians/bi girls hot for some reason.

But also, think it as if it were your future. If you were to just be with this person the rest of your life, you better like what your waking up next to in bed!

And if you have something based on more than looks, you will. Looks fade, some sooner than others. And it's sad to see what people will do and go through to have something based on outward appearances--have stuff stolen from them, people living off of them or just getting mistreated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I hate to bring this topic back alive, but alas I feel like it!

So, when I orginally answered the poll, I voted Straight. Well, I think, at the time, I was denying myself my true feelings, and my vote should go towards Gay.

I recently came out to one of my roommates in October after I kissed my first boy. The guy I kissed thought I was gay but really he helped me discover myself. I always did catch myself looking at cute boys more often then girls.

Since then, if people ask my orientation, I tell them gay. I work at Disney and the department I work in is very gay friendly, so to speak.

I haven't told my parents or all of my friends yet. I don't list any orientation on myspace because my brother and sister both have it and if it read Gay, they would tell my mom I'm sure. On Facebook, since all my friends don't know, at least the ones I want to tell myself, I rather not have them find out on a website.

So, holler at ya guys. Haha, Jay Kay!

If your parents are homophobic, it's a good idea NOT to tell them while you are still living with them.

I never thought of that! WOW!

---

Anyway, It was the opposite for me, once my parents found out, they wern't cool with it at all... but they've since got over it (either because i've convinced them i'm straight or because they just never want to think about it). Instead, i've been the ones being a jerk to them for about 6 months now.

Ever since i've found out how they'd react, i've pretty much hated them for it.

^My dad and like most of my uncles are lmao

God im screwed!

That sucks, I think most of my cousins are because every time im with them at a party or something they always make rude comments about gay guys, and I just sit there like...."Oh, hehe". Thats why im never coming out to anyone else while im still living here, and I dont have to worry about my mom telling anyone because I think she's "embarrassed" of me or something