2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

I'm curious, why do people think gay people can't like hooters, can't play video games, love sports, and do other things? Not all of us follow the sterotype. I usually don't like saying, "I'm gay, but I act very straight," but with the current ignorance of people, I feel I need to say it to get it through people that not all gays are the same. It's just an orientation, not a personality.

Being gay is just a small part that makes me up, it isn't my lifestyle.

I love Hooters! I love sports too.

I regret being gay, I wish I wasn't, I'm not proud of it, wish I were straight.

I think this pretty much sums up a lot of gay men and women. It's actually quite hard to find a bf/gf when you're not a "typical" gay person. I maybe step foot in a gay bar about once a month, and that's the gayest I get .

I wouldn't go so far as to say I wish I weren't gay though, Twister. You're young, give it a few years. You'll be proud of what you are eventually, and you'll find that it isn't really SUPPOSED to be a lifestyle. It's too bad a lot of people have made it that way.

I think this pretty much sums up a lot of gay men and women. It's actually quite hard to find a bf/gf when you're not a "typical" gay person. I maybe step foot in a gay bar about once a month, and that's the gayest I get .

I wouldn't go so far as to say I wish I weren't gay though, Twister. You're young, give it a few years. You'll be proud of what you are eventually, and you'll find that it isn't really SUPPOSED to be a lifestyle. It's too bad a lot of people have made it that way.

I think the secret to anything is living your life FOR YOU. At 16-18, you're at home and you're living you life for your parents and peers, so of course you may be not be happy with your life, whether you are straight or gay. Of course when you get out on your own, pay your own bills, etc. That is your time to find out what you like and don't like and what you want to do with your life. It's also time to figure out who your friends really are; I see so many people that hang out with people that simply bring them down.

My motto:

I'll care what you think once you pay all my bills. Until then you can jump off a cliff.

And that basically allows me to live my life on my terms and do things that will make ME happy, and if some doesn't like it or agree, you're not going to be around me. And you won't like what I say to you to get to that point.

Now once you believe in yourself (that's the FIRST THING you gotta do), find that small group of true friends that will stay by you through thick and thin. And don't pick the ones that you just see when you're out drinking. Pick the ones that will help you pick out food at the grocery store, watch TV at your house on the weekend, or the ones that will go with you to a movie, or an amusement park in another city. Not the ones that will disappear on you when they find someone. And those friends have to be people that allow you to comfortable with who you are and you don't have to lie to. Now you've got an emotional base.

That will allow you to then bring in someone special. Or least weed out the ones that only waste your time. So many people, no matter the orientation, try to get that "someone special" first without having the emotional base or believe in themselves, and then they wonder why they are so depressed and hate their lives.

For the "under 18" set on this site, I would try to work on believing and loving yourself first; these are the years to do it. I mean how do you expect to have others love you if you don't love yourself? If you do that now, you won't be hating yourself later.

Terrance

The best thing to do is: Talk to close friends and family, you have to be true to yourself and not live a lie.

Yes it is difficult to live with being gay or bi and you don't know what people's reactions will be if they find out or if you decide to tell them.

Most people don't mind and are quite supportive, they enjoy a gay or bi guy's company.

What I don't like is the straight young guys bringing their g/f into a gay pub and they start messing around with some guy.

Sometimes the DJ in the pub says something and they leave which is fun to watch.

It is getting "trendy" to know someone who is gay or bi.

I visit Sauna's and find it thrilling to check a handsome guy who is is in need for a "service".

I want to have a "Rainbow flag" sticker on my car, but if I did that my car would get trashed.

dmaxsba2408 - Your very nice

I kinda do the live life for me thing, but I wouldn't say I'm proud. I only take pride in achievments, and last time I checked I didn't achieve homosexuality. I didn;t have to strive for it, it just happened. That's like being proud that you were born.... I personally believe it's rather excessive to be proud of something that you just are. Accepting, happy, or loving who you are is good, but I've never understood the pride thing.

The Pride thing is pride meaning "not ashamed" - in that matter, I am proud to be gay. I don't dance around wearing a rainbow cape, nor do I waltz through life like the Queen of Sheeba, but I am proud to be who I am and I don't hide it.

Pride doesn't mean flaunting anything, but it does mean not being ashamed of being the person that I was born to be.

David

I'm as straight as a gay man can be and by that I mean you would never know I was gay until I told you. Just your average everyday football loving, beer drinking, factory working guy who prefers the company of other men. Makes for a lonely life but I am what I am.

It doesn't always end up lonely. Sooner or later you end up meeting the guy who wants something more outta life.

I was lucky and found him two years ago