2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

The place I work for puts on a big pride parade and festival in Buffalo, this year it's making it's return.

https://buffaloprideweek.com/the-festival

Never been to either of the events before, and despite not knowing any of the performers, it'll be a fun time and I bought a witty shirt to wear, lol.

3600-vintage_turquoise-z1-t-pico-de-gayo.jpg.f120c4a7e978f93eb276ac902570da7f.jpg

And my wife got a great one too....

3600-vintage_turquoise-z1-t-90s-neon-rainbow-penis-pattern.jpg.c8b54bd1a55bcf9a058ba20bc41b66b0.jpg

Featuring performances and entertainment by Rebecca Black, Kornbread, Sonja Morgan (Real Housewives of New York) and Margaret Josephs (Real Housewives of New Jersey), Vogue Buffalo, BeBe, Jayme Coxx and Vanna Deux.

• Like 1

^ the standout there (and likely to draw the biggest crowd) is Kornbread.

she was on the last season of RuPaul's Drag Race, and is an AMAZING performer.

Rebecca Black is she of "Friday" fame, but she's actually grown into a really good artist and I'm glad she's managed to make it through the shit that everyone put her poor young soul through when that video went viral.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a RANT as well as a "SHAME ON CBS" thing.

The Theatre Wing's annual TONY Awards took place last Sunday night. On it's regular network, CBS. Has been for years and years. But - the Best DIRECTOR of a MUSICAL, who won for directing the revival of "Parade," took to remembering what it was like to be bullied and being called "the F-word."

What he said was (more or less) "...and I am a Faggot who's just won a TONY!"

But that phrase was censored by CBS. You could see the audience totally erupt at this, and give him a long sustained applause.

He truly owned that awful word, with his speech. And he got censored for it.

Shame, CBS. You blew it. ☹️

• 2 months later...

Our annual OUT ON SCREEN Film Festival, just wrapped up a ten day schedule last night. Lots of Shorts Collections this year. More than I ever remember, seeing before. A lot of good Feature Films, too. Best one was "1946", which looked at how the word "homosexual" did not appear in The Bible until.... that year. It's true! Really, an amazing documentary, with a lot of film shot in Canada. It is worth seeking out, if you ever get the chance to see it.

And during the Festival, lots of photo ops, heh. Also, I manage to 'decorate' my Passholder Pass (I am at "Producer Patron" i.e. monthly donations) every year, since 2008.

And here's a link to OOS' website. https://outonscreen.com/  Can't wait for next year's Festival! 🎥

OOS2023.png.73763bfa11c95ce9c3ab65c10d8eb1a4.png

Somebody always takes photos of us and my pass, every Festival. This was Opening Night, Aug.10/23.

OOS2023a.JPG.11aa7bebe0d62d656c77e1fc06e9af1b.JPG

My Passholder Pass and the Festival Program Booklet beside it.

OOS2023b.JPG.02a0002ce2ef6656b0e3b62475f6a5c1.JPG

The theme of the 'decor' on my pass, is always dictated by the Festival's Program booklet.

And I give thanks to Michael's Arts & Crafts in Vancouver, as well as any Dollar Tree store, which has the cheaper supplies. etc. 😀

OOS2023c.JPG.bd5164e1a01f91b1766d77d398f16014.JPG

...And I added stickers to the back of it, as well this year.

OOS2023c.png.b180fa4545d3b9de8694b05df9d6149b.png

Clark and myself, having our photo taken for.... (David took this side pic of us, being 'taken'.)

OOS2023b.png.c5ecd92b77a49266d0c3a2edb07885ae.png

Damn I hate those bags under my eyes! <sighs> Clark still looks as woofy as ever. 😋

OOS2023e.png.3a29a947151c174fad6888e8b9b73dcd.png

Clark, Lisa and my David in their 'shot'. Great Festival!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I'm mostly Gay, though there's still a part of me that holds onto a slight interest in women for dear life

I consider myself Abro-Pansexual, as my interest feels very fluid, but the last few days my interest has been as stated

• 3 months later...
On 8/20/2023 at 3:11 PM, Nrthwnd said:

Our annual OUT ON SCREEN Film Festival, just wrapped up a ten day schedule last night. Lots of Shorts Collections this year. More than I ever remember, seeing before. A lot of good Feature Films, too. Best one was "1946", which looked at how the word "homosexual" did not appear in The Bible until.... that year. It's true! Really, an amazing documentary, with a lot of film shot in Canada. It is worth seeking out, if you ever get the chance to see it.

I would love to seee this!!! Any idea where it could be streemed?? 

^ Honestly, I have no idea where it might be showing, since our Festival last August. But here's the site for more information on the film.

https://www.1946themovie.com/

And it may be eventually available for onscreen/television watching.

Hope this helps. 🏳️‍🌈

EDIT To Add: I re-read the main page at the "1946" site ....and there are Virtual Screenings tickets available. Short time only.

TheMistranslationthatShiftedaCulture.png.d2c3b08a9aebb271688a0e69af6c73dd.png