2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

Came across this recent story thru BBC.com ~ So feel good, especially for those in the story.

https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-56409764?utm_source=pocket-newtab

It's really a very heartwarming story about love, life, and families of all kinds. 💖

GayFathers.png.98ae9e59010ba18f2a4ce53d97f771c4.png

Pete, Kevin, and Danny. Photo taken in 2019. Go check out this great story for the rest of it.

• Like 1

Broadway.com just posted notice that the third and Final Season of POSE will be starting in May!

Here's the link to the posting AND an incredible first Trailer for the series.

https://www.broadway.com/buzz/200610/watch-billy-porter-mj-rodriguez-more-in-the-emotional-trailer-for-poses-final-season/

I was almost crying by end of the Trailer! In a good crying way. 😿

Starts May 2nd, with two episodes that night, and five more after that.

• 2 weeks later...

^ Well, a third season is better than a lot of other series we enjoyed ... and they only lasted one season. (i.e. GCB; The New Normal; Pan Am).

So glad it's coming back, at least one more time. Go Pray Tell!

DiscoBall.png.b05ab331019cd3082e6b14d54f6935ca.png

This is cool....

Kelloggs launches heart-shaped rainbow “Pride” cereal covered in edible glitter

"Together with Pride" cereal will be available for $3.99 at a grocery store near you.

Kelloggs2021.png.277f604f3e96a9e91b65092efc1dbebd.png

• Like 1

^ I just hope they sell them in Canada, as well as the U.S. When special Pride Bottles of name brand alcohols (particularly vodka) came out, not all of them came up here to our beer/wine/liquor stores. So, here's hoping glittered hearts cereal makes it up thisaways! 🏳️‍🌈

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Recently announced, and too too good, not to post here!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/07/business/burger-king-chick-fil-a-lgbt/index.html

Burger King took on Chick-fil-A, with donations to LGTBQ2+ groups for each new chicken sandwich sold.

And selling them on Sunday, too.

1431185672_ChKingSandwich.png.402fd09651eedd230aefd642aa36f54a.png

Take that, fil-A!

• Like 1

OUT was released last year on the Disney+ channel. But now Disney and Pixar have decided to release it for everybody, celebrating this year's Pride Month. Enjoy it! A first for both Disney and Pixar!

• Like 1

And then there's the bakery in Texas, who lost a big cookie order due to their posting Rainbow Heart cookies on their Facebook page.

But, everybody else came to the rescue and sold them out ... twice in two days ... of everything they had ..... great story.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2021/06/texas-bakery-lost-big-order-photo-pride-cookies-internet-stepped/?utm_source=LGBTQ+Nation+Subscribers&utm_campaign=ff8c1f01c0-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2021_06_13_03_59&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c4eab596bd-ff8c1f01c0-430877701

Confections.png.f0a89c2c62031eed85c3af7d9a94853c.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Closeted gay from Mississippi...I mean...downstate Illinois. After spending my first 33 years on the family farm, I never really developed the social skills to really become relevant outside of my staunchly-conservative family, hence the reason I never came out, and the reason I come off as so ignorant when I comment on these forums.

I searched for years but he never appeared I gave up looking a few years ago. And now middle-aged, I'm too set in my ways to even consider a relationship. That part of my life is in the past, just like finding people to visit amusement parks with. I can't even get to Indiana Beach or Adventureland and it has been 4 years since I've been to SFGAM, KI & CP. The mentality around here is bars and pot. And people around here think that people are too hold to ride roller coasters once they graduate high school. I'll probably be giving up on the whole damn amusement park thing too if I stick around here too much longer. My family members are now dropping like flies, so soon I won't even have them.

you'll find many coaster and theme park groups have a LOT of LGBTQ members, and most all of them are very welcoming to members of the LGBTQ community.

I'd suggest joining some coaster clubs, and go to some events.   You'll meet people.

and no, I'm not talking about for sex, or relationship. . I mean, you'll make friends.   And thru those friends, you meet more friends, and then you never know who'll you'll meet.

at 33 (are you 33?  that's not "middle aged" really), you have plenty of time to meet someone. . so never take anything off the table.

oh. . and I'm 54 and just spent a weekend at Kings Island for Coasterstock, and go to theme parks all the time. . age is just a number, and if you like riding roller coasters, or going to parks?  do it.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 4:35 PM, bert425 said:

you'll find many coaster and theme park groups have a LOT of LGBTQ members, and most all of them are very welcoming to members of the LGBTQ community.

I'd suggest joining some coaster clubs, and go to some events.   You'll meet people.

and no, I'm not talking about for sex, or relationship. . I mean, you'll make friends.   And thru those friends, you meet more friends, and then you never know who'll you'll meet.

at 33 (are you 33?  that's not "middle aged" really), you have plenty of time to meet someone. . so never take anything off the table.

oh. . and I'm 54 and just spent a weekend at Kings Island for Coasterstock, and go to theme parks all the time. . age is just a number, and if you like riding roller coasters, or going to parks?  do it.

I'm 44 now. I was referring to my first 33 years being spent on the family farm. I moved out after my mother died from pancreatic cancer back in 2010. I've managed to keep myself busy, but I've also developed a very cynical view on the world over this past decade. It's just based on personal experiences.

Attending events would be easier if only I was able to drive. Actually, everything would be so much easier if I was able to drive. The environment around me is a bit caustic, but I think it's the surviving members of my family, mainly my father, are who're keeping me here. I live an hour away from home and I already don't see them enough as it is. And with a lot of my cousins scattered all over the country, it's just my father, and the surviving aunts and uncles who still live in the Peoria area. Most of my family have their own lives and my father and I don't always see eye to eye, but they're all I got. My father is 67 and his health is starting to act up and he wants me to move back closer, so I'd feel guilty to move even further away, but I'm just not living up to my full potential here either. It's a catch-22 situation.

This is one of those years where I could use a road trip. I lost another uncle last week who was 65 years old. It appears the bowling alley I've helped maintain for nearly 2 years for hopes of a re-sale will get torn down, especially since mold finally started in it a month ago, literally weeks before an interested buyer finally came along. I posted a hail Mary to Facebook since time is running out and while there are a ton of people who want to save it, there were a few ungrateful brats who wanted a lanes of gold who started putting the place down. It's always fun to read those comments, not. I've stuck with the owner when nobody else would and volunteered so much of my time there. And he basically lost his life savings and over half of his retirement running the place. Since he gave me a job, I've been one of the only people who has stuck around to continue helping him with his properties. And I went with him to drop off 2 lawn mowers and 2 chain saws for repair. That was April and they're still not done. In fact, we can't even reach the store owner to retrieve them. And the city fined Art for letting the grass grow too long. If he buys a new lawn mower, like he did last year, someone will bend the shaft, as with what happened last year. There's no guarantee that individual wouldn't use and ruin the next one, so you fix what you have.

I'm lugging the bowling alley's mower everywhere and I was moving for someone who hasn't paid me since May.

I was invited to to go Adventureland by someone I ran into at a store a couple of weeks ago. I didn't see his message right away, but when I finally responded, he totally ignored me. I sent 4 different messages that were all ignored.

All of this drivel has a point. These are examples of what I'm dealing with in this area. I'm tiring of the locals here, especially post-COVID. I really hate the idea of going into another long winter without being able to take a road trip to clear my head.

I'm about to the point of saying: "Calgon, take me away!" LOL I am hopeful that things wills start to change in the next few years. One of my reasons for joining TPR was to find like-minded people, but my posts are oftentimes out-of-sync with the general flow and that causes me to hide away most of the time. With the bowling alley saga finally getting behind me, maybe I could move to Bloomington/Normal, which would be an hour in the opposite direction of home. It's a bigger area and probably closer to Chicago and St. Louis than the beer-guzzling and pot-smoking town that Galesburg has become.

that's the thing about being part of the LGBTQ community. . you get to choose your family.

yes, it's nice to be close to blood relatives, but if you don't see eye to eye?   move somewhere and become part of a community that won't judge you (or more accurately, you WILL be judged, but it doesn't mean that you won't be welcomed and supported regardless :) )

• Like 2

oh, and if you're not part of TPR's Facebook group, you should TOTALLY join:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/themeparkreview

unlike the message boards here (which I LOVE, dont' get me wrong) the FB group has a lot more "real time" interaction, with many folks who are not forum members here (tho a lot of us are at both places).
that will help out when you feel out of sync, because you can almost have real time conversations on the FB page.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bert425 said:

oh, and if you're not part of TPR's Facebook group, you should TOTALLY join:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/themeparkreview

unlike the message boards here (which I LOVE, dont' get me wrong) the FB group has a lot more "real time" interaction, with many folks who are not forum members here (tho a lot of us are at both places).
that will help out when you feel out of sync, because you can almost have real time conversations on the FB page.

Thank you, just requested to join!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This just popped into my emails. It's from Attractions Magazine, online.

Amongst all the news they post about theme parks, there was this one.

And one of the first couples that were helped with adoption thru Disney, was this couple and their new baby.

Bravo to Disney for this! 👏

https://attractionsmagazine.com/disneys-family-building-program-adoption/?mc_cid=a71e314cca&mc_eid=ca232be3e5

GayDads.png.bc9b3cbba4136587fc4f677a40b8b9aa.png

Thanks for Attractions Magazine for this great article AND photo!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This just in! The PNE and Playland, with a company, are putting together HAPPYLAND on July 31st. Which happens to be The Pride Parade Day here in Vancouver. Looks interesting. By the way, "Happyland" was the original name of Playland, "way back then".

Happyland01.png.44f15fbafb9ea656dc49a9cff40fc203.png

My age re: I have no idea who "all of the above" are, but I am most willing to go and enjoy all the music!

http://www.pne.ca/

Sunrise Series presents the first annual HAPPYLAND Festival, a fully inclusive Pride celebration festival taking place at PNE Amphitheatre and Playland Amusement Park.

The first annual HAPPYLAND Festival takes place on Sunday July 31st, 2022 headlined by Orville Peck with Perfume Genius, Big Freedia and special guests!

HAPPYLAND will bring a one-of-a-kind experience to festival-goers with exclusive access to the concert venue plus Playland’s thrill rides, and all the unique amusement park food Playland has to offer. Additional festival attractions include a 19+ VIP section, a food truck area, an alcohol-free zone, merch area and more.

HAPPYLAND featuring:
Orville Peck
Perfume Genius
Big Freedia

Hosted by Thanks Jem with special guests Berlin, Cookie, Kara Juku, Rogue, Venus with sounds from Softieshan.

The event starts at 5 pm, and ticket prices range from $55 - $99.50 CDN (+ taxes), the highest amount being for a VIP Ticket, with perks.

And... decided to "Birthday Myself," (end of March) and bought a VIP Ticket to the event! I get a special viewing area for all the concerts, bars, great food all over the park, private bathrooms (ooooo) and most importantly ...... night rides on Coaster!

• 1 month later...

If you live near or nearby the Disneyland Resort, here's the perfect Pride Gift to give to your special someone.

PoohMug2022.png.1766c0ac005154959633d99ee7582ab8.png

The Winnie The Pooh "Rainbow Mug". All different coloured rainbows on it. And Pooh, Piglet and Tigger on it, too. Perfect!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...