2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

^ I can't believe it, Bert...but I have lost over 15 pounds since this whole ordeal started with Michael. I have been eating just about the same as always, but I think that the stress is the culprit.

People have been telling me that I look like I have lost weight, but didn't really believe it until I weighed myself last week! Interesting how stress will take it's toll differently on individuals. But you were motivated to lose the weight once before, so I am sure that you will do it again!

I went and bought some new pants for work today (just to get out of the house for a bit) and I am down from a waist size 34 to a 32...I haven't been a 32 since I was a teen into my early 20's!

I also need to exercise more too...hopefully as the weather gets warmer going into spring, I'll be able to take the dog for more long walks.

On a fairly positive note, the hospital called me today and said that Michael is ready to go back to the skilled nursing and rehab facility on the 13th and that the target to get him home is down to about six weeks from today!

^

Still fighting this stupid cold/sore throat that I have had for over four days now...and that's four days of not seeing my guy because I do not want him catching this cold in the hospital! I miss him, but thank goodness for video chat so we can at least do that!

^^ Bert - looks like you are having a lovely time!! Wish I were there!

^ Phil - I hope you feel better soon. I think it's time for stressful and bad things to stop happening to you. I think you have hit your quota for the year, wouldn't you agree??

David

^ Sigh...you are right, David...it's been a really tough go in recent months. And my sore throat has now decided to invade my sinuses and chest...yuk!

But on a higher note, Michael broke yesterday's record of a 45' walk with the walker with a 50' walk today, so I will take that as positive progress!

• 3 weeks later...

Whee. . .

I realized while bushing my teeth on Sat night, that 1/2 my face was going numb.

I couldn't do anything about it on Sunday (since we had to go to Houston for my Mom's Ashes internment ceremony), but at the urging of MANY of my FB friends, went to the ER last night.

many, many $$, and hours later, diagnosed with Bell's Palsy (which I knew it was, since I've had it before, and why I wasn't concerned it was a stroke). . . anyways. . on the Steroids already, but still progressing downwards, as now the entire left side of my face has no movement at all.

made it a bitch to eat starting yesterday evening. . . . so maybe I'll drop more weight? (trying to find the bright side).

from the emergency room.. the paralysis is worse this morning:

IMG_2845.thumb.JPG.f6da0f38c98ffbc306d9c7f5bc0497b9.JPG

:shockr: oh dear, Bert! Hope things improve/get better/turn around for you.

I'm sending lots of good thoughts over to you, healing stuff and HUGS!

thanks Bill.

as noted, I've already started the steroids, and the anti-viral. . hopefully they will help cut down on the 2-3 week recovery time. . . if I do recover.

we shall see.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that you get well REALLY soon, Bert...you have been through a lot lately (like us).

But finally on to some really, really great news...Michael was released from the hospital on Thursday - just one day shy of six straight months!!!

We still need to get him re-acclimated with living back at home, but we're off to a good start despite him having a difficult time climbing the three steps in the garage to get him into the house.

The visiting nurse was here for the first time today and will be coming on a daily basis along with PT & OT at least a couple of times a week until he is strong enough to manage on his own.

I'll be taking some vacation days from work to be here with him...but I couldn't be happier after the six months of living hell that we have both been through. I was really starting to wonder if this day would ever come!

Thanks to you guys in here...you really helped me through it all with your caring, encouragement and support!!!

I hope that you get well REALLY soon, Bert...you have been through a lot lately (like us).

But finally on to some really, really great news...Michael was released from the hospital on Thursday - just one day shy of six straight months!!!

We still need to get him re-acclimated with living back at home, but we're off to a good start despite him having a difficult time climbing the three steps in the garage to get him into the house.

The visiting nurse was here for the first time today and will be coming on a daily basis along with PT & OT at least a couple of times a week until he is strong enough to manage on his own.

I'll be taking some vacation days from work to be here with him...but I couldn't be happier after the six months of living hell that we have both been through. I was really starting to wonder if this day would ever come!

Thanks to you guys in here...you really helped me through it all with your caring, encouragement and support!!!

so glad to hear the great news!

continuing to send good vibes and thoughts y'all's way!

(as to me, the Steroids kicked in last Friday, and although I'm still having very little response from ~my nose to my chin on the left side. . . from the nose up? almost 100% improvement: Can blink left eye again, and really good response in eyebrow and cheek. So hopefully will be 100% in the next month. . but thus far, really good).

^^ WOO HOO for Michael getting better, Phil!

and ^ YAY for your improvements, Bert!

Finally..... WHEE for my flu/cold/whateverthisis getting less and less.

and P.S. When I said "Best Diet Plan Ever," I wasn't kidding. Since the beginning of the year,

and through 2 of these "episodes"... I've lost ... over 15 pounds!!! And haven't regained.

Life can be wierd, but good, some times. Hope all of us improve as the days move along.

Without sounding too pompous, Earth Day is also me and the huz' 45th Anniversary today!

For that, he upped and left me! And went to his lapidary workshop this afternoon. Then, I got busy.

No reveals till he's back around 5 PST.

And there's some kind of cake around here too.

I gotta get ready.

Stay tuned.

IMG_3242.JPG.d5c70dbb66ccce8f9d33b9809fa8868b.JPG

Without The Cake in it's place.

IMG_3243.JPG.67b456755618c2d7474df72e96c8aedc.JPG

My giftee's on the left; David's on the right. And we'll be sharing. (o:

IMG_3244.JPG.af5128d987ec577afd080d0aeb3feebb.JPG

And OURS is the middle, there. (o;

And here's how The Cake turned out...

IMG_3247.JPG.e99f6a33b89481cb9753f9b715599093.JPG

It's a Cranberry Creme Brulee Bliss Cake. Yum! And no, I'm not too great with cake lettering.

IMG_3248.JPG.4a72a4a0a56fca82dab397166f82aed6.JPG

In front of the gifts, with candles added.

IMG_3249.JPG.699ac9a863e08475351b2cb871b093a0.JPG

When he comes through the door, he'll see this... (o:

Huge, Huge congrats to you two crazy kids, Bill!

Loving each other and standing by each other for that many years is a sign of real commitment and proof you found your soulmate.

I only hope I get near that many years with Nick.

mucho hugs,

bert

45 years is definitely something to be really proud of, that's for sure!

Many people seem a little shocked & very congratulatory when Michael and I tell folks that we're coming up on 15 years this August (we mentioned this a lot to nurses and doctors while Michael was in the hospital).

Apparently that's really long for a relationship these days?

• 1 month later...