2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

I'm not one to advertise this a lot, but I feel comfortable with the members here. I'm a gay guy. I'm at the point where I don't go out of my way to hide it, but like I said, I don't advertise it. The first impression you'd get of me is your "typical" straight guy. When I came out to my friends, the most common response was "what?! I could never tell!" I sort of like defying stereotypes.

welcome to the family!

(no one will ever know )

Bp2633bIMAAjrdD.jpg

^ Welcome to the club!

I am the same...straight acting where no one would suspect unless they asked. And if they ask, I tell them...if they don't ask, then they can assume what they want to assume, I guess!

On another note, I will be flying down to Tampa for a job interview within my current employer on August 4th and 5th...wish me luck!!!

Can't wait to find out how this went!!!!!!!

Bert - I LOVE LOVE LOVE Kate! She just makes me happy. I've seen the B's six or seven times and she is always the highlight of the show for me. I also had no idea she was a lesbi-gay. Yayyyy for our team!!

David - I flew to Tampa on Tuesday, interviewed on Wednesday morning and was back on a plane at 1:40 PM. Overall, I think that it went very well, but they did mention before the interview that they had already interviewed a few other applicants that were also highly qualified.

Hopefully I wowed them enough to turn the tables, but we will see...I have my fingers crossed.

Thank you for thinking of me!

PS - Yay for Kate! I always loved her guest appearances on REM songs (Shiny Happy People, Me in Honey, etc). She is a very talented lady with a beautiful voice!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
^Great sign, Bill!!

On an unrelated note, still no word on the Tampa job yet.

I assume no news is good news? I certainly hope so (fingers crossed)!

Well, six weeks has gone by and still no word on the job...this is driving me crazy!!!!

^LOL! I've noticed that myself, David!

I finally did get a little nugget thrown my way...their HR department asked for contact names from our HR department. If they were going to deselect me, do you think that they would do something like this? Could it be that they are prepping an offer for me?

I feel like one of those free agents in football...do you think that I could get an agent and ask for hundreds of millions like they do?

Sorry for the double post, but I received a phone call last week that said that I would be receiving the job offer in Tampa very soon...just have to wait a bit more to see what the offer package is and learn about how the relocation program works.

It's looking very promising now!!!!

I know I'm double posting like a madman today...but I got the job and a great relocation package to boot!

It is going to be a blur for the next month or so, but the plans are for us to be relocated to Tampa (or in the general area) and working my new job by Thanksgiving - if not, for sure by Christmas!

I am so excited and nervous at the same time. It almost feels like the past two days have been surreal...I can't believe we are moving to freaking Florida!!!!

I know I'm double posting like a madman today...but I got the job and a great relocation package to boot!

It is going to be a blur for the next month or so, but the plans are for us to be relocated to Tampa (or in the general area) and working my new job by Thanksgiving - if not, for sure by Christmas!

I am so excited and nervous at the same time. It almost feels like the past two days have been surreal...I can't believe we are moving to freaking Florida!!!!

Very Cool.. congrats!

^ Thanks Bert!

It feels really odd thinking about moving from the town that I lived in for 44 years and leaving a place where I have worked for the past 25 years. But the last few horrible winters that we have had combined with the stress from my current job played major roles in this decision.

Yeah, it's hot, muggy and rainy in Florida...but no blizzards and six months of clouds, rain, snow, wind and cold? Yes, please!

Oh...almost forgot that they have some pretty cool theme parks in FL too!

On our recent trip to Amsterday (we just got back!) We found one of these, literally opposite the Flower market in

Amsterdam, in a Christmas Shop! Seems, "the other side of the street" (the market itself) wasn't allowed to sell these or

"other paraphanelia." So of course, we bought a few of these for gifts, and ourself!

And placed them (for now), where they loved from above, by the "coffee house" above them.

It's in the Christmas Cactus planter.

IMG_9719.JPG.a8426d2922a8086bbde706e25eb0b2a6.JPG

With Home Sweet (exhale) Home above them, there.

IMG_8429.JPG.9653a62450200d82b8a87fa113386f7d.JPG

And we found them here (among "other wrongful things"), right opposite the Flower Market!

My RANT Quote...

I cannot for the life of me, understand, that of all the millions and millions of people who

would love to have a one-on-one with Pope Francis.....why Kim Davis? I think this was a set up

for obvious controversy and armchair support/rage.

Seriously, why invite her? For right now, I think they should fly Chris Mintz over to the Vatican

and get his own personal one-on-one with Francis. Once he heals up and can walk better again.

But not her.

^ Well, finally! Took ya long enough.

Congratulations!

Thanks Bill...it wasn't me that took so darned long, it was waiting on the company and their HR department to get all of the necessary approvals! I NEVER thought that it would take 8.5 weeks to get the final decision, but it is finally decided - whew!!

If I had my way, I would already be in Tampa, but now it looks like the relocation could take upwards of 7-9 more weeks because we have to get the house up for sale as well as fly to Tampa to look for a place to live. It will be hectic and stressful, but we will be very happy once we are settled into our new home (or condo).

BTW...we also have one of those SAME kissing statues from our trip to Amsterdam! I don't even remember whereabouts we bought it over there, so it very well could have been right after a visit into one of those coffee houses!

While in Amsterdam last month, we found this shop, with something familiar in the window....

IMG_8442.JPG.6046e6f2ae3b489b337fd8e2ca15ff6b.JPG

Friday, Sept.11, 4pm ~ Rainbow Absolut Vodka can be yours.... for $37 Euros a bottle! (eek)

^ Wow...that's pretty pricey!

On another note, they put my relocation on hold because they apparently didn't dot all their I's and cross all their T's on the front end. After waiting 8.5 long weeks, this is yet another frustrating setback/wait!

• 2 weeks later...

^ Ohhhhhhhh noooooh.

So sorry to read this, Phil.

I'm not much good, over so far away from you guys.

But I'm thinking of you, and hoping maybe there's another ending to this.

SqueezyHugs.jpg.4f5b2cd4246418844b0f7f7bd9e57bf5.jpg