2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

So just curious,

OPEN RELATIONSHIPS.

Yes?

No?

Opinions?

I'm in one and personally it works for us. Just wondering where others stand on the issue?

I don't judge, and if it works for you, great.

but it's not for me, I'm hopelessly romantic and monogamous.

(That's not to say we haven't "played" with an additional person, or at a party. . but we play together).

So just curious,

OPEN RELATIONSHIPS.

Yes?

No?

Opinions?

I'm in one and personally it works for us. Just wondering where others stand on the issue?

Hmmm.....

I have to say I'm a "No" on this one.

It seems like here in Phoenix, EVERYONE I meet seems to be in an open relationship or looking to be in an open relationship. I got to a point where I was just gonna say "Screw it, monogamy is for Lesbians" and jump on the open relationship wagon but I decided that I'm not going to settle and give up what I truly want which is ONE MAN.......and I can be quite jealous.

I don't judge my friends who have open relationships but I've also seen open relationships tear a few relationships apart.

I just say "Proceed with Caution".

I get that open relationships work for some people, and that's great if it makes those people happy and their relationship with their significant other stays healthy. However it is not, nor ever will be, something I want in my relationships.

I envy someone that can have that open relationship and still be together in a loving relationship like Bill and his partner. 43 years is a looong time!

To me, having an open relationship reminds me of that Seinfeld episode 'The Roommate Switch' where George and Jerry try to figure out how to go from seeing one woman to dating her roommate....it seems impossible to make work, but people have done it successfully!

My partner and I have discussed it before, but both of us are too jealous to allow it to happen. Not that we're insecure, but we just don't like the idea of one of us seeing other men while the other might be home twiddling his thumbs.

It's been almost 15 years for us, so no point in trying to upset the apple cart now!

• 2 weeks later...
I get that open relationships work for some people, and that's great if it makes those people happy and their relationship with their significant other stays healthy. However it is not, nor ever will be, something I want in my relationships.

I've wondered about it a lot, too. I think that some of us are just wired differently; I couldn't imagine sharing a boyfriend with anyone, and my drunk days are over. Now I just need to find a compatible guy who only wants me!

^ & ^^ also, some relationships are just wired differently. I was in an open relationship for a few years and there were no problems whatsoever. I am now in a monogomous relationship that would NEVER work as an open one. I was happy then and I am happy now.

I'm single by choice and have not been this happy in a very long time. I'm tired of being a heartbreaker so I think the best choice for ME is to focus on myself, my success, and my own life. In time, I might want a relationship, I might not. Right now I'm kind of in a jaded state of mind that basically believes that those my age and younger that crave relationships are really just craving to control somebody elses life.

But mostly, I'm tired of breaking hearts and would rather just be single and enjoy what the world has to offer.

I'm single by choice and have not been this happy in a very long time. I'm tired of being a heartbreaker so I think the best choice for ME is to focus on myself, my success, and my own life. In time, I might want a relationship, I might not. Right now I'm kind of in a jaded state of mind that basically believes that those my age and younger that crave relationships are really just craving to control somebody elses life.

But mostly, I'm tired of breaking hearts and would rather just be single and enjoy what the world has to offer.

I think David and I have become a monogamous couple by default, heh.

Age, health, stuff like that. Definitely not as "open" as it was a few decades ago.

But that's okay. The dumb bastard still loves me.

IMG_2690alt.jpg.767c8ab1abde996a36e9ed7aed8ee740.jpg

Doo dah. TDL 2013.

I think David and I have become a monogamous couple by default, heh.

Age, health, stuff like that. Definitely not as "open" as it was a few decades ago.

But that's okay. The dumb bastard still loves me.

right there with ya oldtimer!

^ Butt of course!

we have a large dog (Doberman/German Shepard Mix). .and she's got a lot of toys, but since going blind (due to diabetes ). . her favorite is a "KONG" toy that you can put treats in.

she likes it because it's big, so she can find it after she flings it.

Nick's sister was staying with us for a visit, and pulled me aside in the kitchen and whispered "why is the dog playing with a sex toy???"

and we had NO idea what she was talking about (playing dumb)

yep. . we made her say, out loud, "isn't that a butt plug?"

BWAAAA-HAAAA-HAAAA

^ Anyway....

I seemed to have missed the Information Boat - but - did everybody know that

Olympic Gold medal winner Bruce Jenner...was transitioning, from male to female?

I didn't. Total surprise. Whole family behind her. Mother is especially proud, after all these years.