2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

I was joking about Apple's stock price today in my office (I work for a brokerage firm.)

I was thinking about the Evangelicals who will be switching to Samsung .

In all honesty though, Apple has been pretty up front in it's supports for gay marriage, etc for years - so I don't think it will really effect them.....Although that snake did tell that chick in the garden to eat an apple.........hmmmm

Good on him for calling out Alabama though!

Missed you guys - glad to be back.

David

At first I thought it was Jim Cook the crowd of Sam Adams beer and I was surprised and a bit excited. The actual news wasn't all that surprising especially since he was outed a few weeks or months ago by a reporter( or someone???)

• 3 weeks later...

I've been in a closeted relationship for a year and came out to my mom this week in hopes of having a Thanksgiving together with my partners and family.

It didn't go badly, exactly, but it wasn't what I had in mind either. She just turned away, grunted "when did that happen?" and fired up a cigarette (closeted "ex"-smoker lol). Then we awkwardly planned a Thanksgiving menu and I left feeling kind of sad and empty. And ashamed for expecting and wanting some eye contact and a hug, when others have much worse situations.

I just don't know how to feel.

^ It could have went worse. I can totally relate though. My mom got up and left the room when I told her. Than came back and ask me if I wanted food like I told her nothing (she was trying to ignore it). I felt very empty and alone.

However, now she LOVES going to pride events and absolutely loves drag shows.

^^As long as it didn't go, "WHERE DID I GO WRONG??!!??" with wailing and moaning - I'd figure that you are good to go. You have to give her time to process everything - but you do get to have Thanksgiving, so that is a plus. As far as parental reactions go, your's is far from bad.

My parents said, and I qoute, "Well duh! We've known since you were 5." That was great and all, but I had an emotional Hallmark moment planned and it kind of stole my thunder. Good news is, they are awesome and treat my partner like their own kid, and treat the neice we have custody of like a granddaughter.

Edited by jynx242

I wished I would have had a chance to tell my mother, but she passed away before I really accepted myself for who I really was & could tell her.

I know that she would have loved Michael though and when he said to my father one time "I wished I would have met Peg, I think her and I would have gotten along well" to which my Dad replied, "Yep...and there are a lot of things that she would have liked about you."

That just made my day!

• 2 weeks later...

It's a little awkward with me being young and posting in this topic, but I do notice a lot of people in the coaster community are homosexual. My little cousin started Kindergarten recently and wants to wear dresses to school and often says he wants to be a girl. His grandma (my aunt) and her daughter are WAY too obsessed about it. Mu aunt was thinking about writing her own blog about "having a transgender grandchild" even though he's only 5 and he was raised playing with his older sisters Barbie's without any toys for a boy. I also thought it was a little weird when his mom brought him up in a conversation being QUOTE ON QUOTE "officially transgender". Even my aunt said that we should have had that discussion at another time.

I don't have anything wrong with it at all, but I think my aunt and my cousin are overreacting. I went through a phase when I was 3 or 4 where I wanted to play with "Barbie Dreamhouses" and that kind of stuff. Now I am straighter than Ride of Steel and totally feel like a boy. I bet they actually do have a problem with it because they keep on worrying about it.

This man explains it perfectly, there is some fowl language but he really makes a point.

(I would embed it but it won't embed...just trust me on this one that it is NOT an 80 year old Indian midget doing the nae nae on a police car she stole...or anything like that.)

Oh yeah, and I voted "I'm a guy who likes girls" in case anyone was wondering, even though I am starting to get feelings for donkeys.

Edited by YOLO

I'm a bit mad about Thom Tillis getting elected for senate in my state (NC) as he wants to get the gay marriage bill repealed. I'm not gay myself, but this made me mad because it makes me feel like my state isn't as progressive as the other states in our country. I'm a Christian and I know that the most important command is love your neighbor as you would yourself. It's sad that in 2014, we still have to deal with homophobia. I actually thought Thom Tillis would lose because of his opinion on same-sex marriage.

It's a little awkward with me being young and posting in this topic, but I do notice a lot of people in the coaster community are homosexual. My little cousin started Kindergarten recently and wants to wear dresses to school and often says he wants to be a girl. His grandma (my aunt) and her daughter are WAY too obsessed about it. Mu aunt was thinking about writing her own blog about "having a transgender grandchild" even though he's only 5 and he was raised playing with his older sisters Barbie's without any toys for a boy. I also thought it was a little weird when his mom brought him up in a conversation being QUOTE ON QUOTE "officially transgender". Even my aunt said that we should have had that discussion at another time.

I don't have anything wrong with it at all, but I think my aunt and my cousin are overreacting. I went through a phase when I was 3 or 4 where I wanted to play with "Barbie Dreamhouses" and that kind of stuff. Now I am straighter than Ride of Steel and totally feel like a boy. I bet they actually do have a problem with it because they keep on worrying about it.

This man explains it perfectly, there is some fowl language but he really makes a point.

(I would embed it but it won't embed...just trust me on this one that it is NOT an 80 year old Indian midget doing the nae nae on a police car she stole...or anything like that.)

Oh yeah, and I voted "I'm a guy who likes girls" in case anyone was wondering, even though I am starting to get feelings for donkeys.

Ride of steel is actually pretty twisted. It's anything but straight.

• 4 weeks later...