2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

I am the same way when I go to a new city!! I want to see as much as possible. I HATE when some gay people structure their vacations around the bars/clubs. That really bugs me. I used to date a guy and EVERY TIME we went on a vacation he had to research where all the gay bars were.

I hate it too. But there is a reason for it... it's part of the culture as many lgbt folks don't have a lot of close family for one reason or another. That's all changing quickly - thank god - but it's still all the reason for me to be "out." The more of us are out and about, the better it is for the next generation.

Being in recovery these days, I simply don't go to bars very often. But I used to date guys (and had friends) where that was the main focus of a trip, and being a bar person back then, I was guilty as well. It's nice to be getting a life now

Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage was overturned. Now we can add PA to the growing list of great amusement parks to get married at

Yay! I *LOVE* Pennsylvania not only for having the highest concentration of best parks/coasters, but so much more. The people, the food, the foliage, the curving highways on the way to ride coasters!

My best friend is the same way. Anytime we go on vacation together we HAVE to hit up the gay bars. Even when we go to Vegas even though we've been to all the gay bars there 10x over. I just like to go with the flow but some of my friends still feel that all our vacations have to be gay just cause we're gay.

In anycase.....way to go PA!!!!

^I think another part of is that some of us are single and a little... lonely I go out maybe 3-4 times a year now. It's usually with friends and we usually go to comedy night at Sidetrack. If I wasn't single, I probably wouldn't want to go even that much. There is always that chance you could meet someone nice

I've been single for a little over 5 years so I go out to the bars here in Phoenix with my friends every now and then. We play on a gay softball league and one of the gay bars is our sponsor so we have to make an appearance. If I wasn't single I probably wouldn't go out at all either. Seems my "couple" friends arrive happy and leave fighting.

I guess until then I'll have to go out and make myself available. Geez there's gotta be a better way to find a man.

I haven't been into the bar scene in AGES. I've been in recovery for the past 8 1/2 years, so that has a little to do with it - but mostly, I just don't find them as enjoyable as I used to.

Now don't get me wrong - I do love me a good drag show .

We usually go to the Parliament House (P-House) down here in Orlando during Gay Days though. It is always a huge party and there is plenty to see and do besides getting drunk (which plenty of people do as well!)

^^and I have no idea why you are single sir. I've met you and you are good looking, smart, and not a drunk ! That puts you ahead of 80-90% of the guys in a bar! You're a catch!!

I guess until then I'll have to go out and make myself available. Geez there's gotta be a better way to find a man.

The online thing has taken off big time, but it's strange, isn't it? You never know until you meet someone in person what you're going to get.

I haven't been into the bar scene in AGES. I've been in recovery for the past 8 1/2 years

Us recovery folks are everywhere. We're everywhere hehe!

Even when I do go to bars now, it seems everyone is looking at their phones. But that's everywhere; I need to work harder on "getting over it."

^^and I have no idea why you are single sir. I've met you and you are good looking, smart, and not a drunk ! That puts you ahead of 80-90% of the guys in a bar! You're a catch!!

Very kind of you, thanks. I'm waiting for a good match. No more "settling" for mediocre.

^ I can believe that - you look good on the eyes

I am just glad the nation a whole is starting to come together.

And THIS is why you are awesome Bobby

^ You are certainly welcome!

I never go out. It is a rare occasion. That is mainly because I'm always working but when I do go it's typically because friends have dragged me. It's not that I don't have fun doing it it's just that bars/clubs aren't my preferred fun. I think we can all guess what my preferred fun might be. LoL

Thursday evening I came out to my best friends, my parent's and on Facebook.

Can't say I feel much better now. But everyone accepts it

So that's it, I am bisexual

Congrats.

and you know what?

you WILL feel better. Once you aren't hiding things?. . . *everything* gets better

I put this in the rant thread, but still....

I just suddenly missed a friend, who

passed away from AIDS several months ago.

I have a photo of him the day he arrived in town,

from Calgary, wondering where the heck he was going

to fit in, sitting at the side curb of our annual gathering

of floats for our Pride Parade, by the Stanley Park

tennis courts. With a bit of a beer/bear belly, LOL.

I miss Doug so much. And I must find that photo.

I put this in the rant thread, but still....

I just suddenly missed a friend, who

passed away from AIDS several months ago.

I have a photo of him the day he arrived in town,

from Calgary, wondering where the heck he was going

to fit in, sitting at the side curb of our annual gathering

of floats for our Pride Parade, by the Stanley Park

tennis courts. With a bit of a beer/bear belly, LOL.

I miss Doug so much. And I must find that photo.

I know how you feel.

I'm one of the few of my friends from #'s in Houston who is still alive (and that's mainly because I went to the club, got drunk and danced till they threw us out -- so I never hooked up with anyone from the scene, or was into anonymous scenes (lemme tell you, when you live ACROSS THE STREET from a "bookstore" -- which I did, "Studz News" -- you don't want your neighbors seeing you go in there. . so you tend to avoid them).

anyways. . .

(((HUGS)))

I hope you feel better Haha he sounded cool

I just finished reading the book Boy Meets Boy, has anyone read that? It's easily one of the best and happiest books I have read in my whole life

I am so sorry for your loss. Going through death is never easy. It gets really hard especially as the first few months go by. The best thing to do is remember him and cherish the wonderful moments you had together. His earthly presence may be gone, but he's still here for you, he's not gone . You and him are in my thoughts and prayers and I'm always here if you need anything. Just don't let yourself get too upset. That's not good for your mental health. *hugs*. Everything will be okay.

Thanks for the nice thoughts and stuff, guys. Much appreciated.

The photo may be a bit hard to find, as I have at least 20 photo albums

to go through (!), but thankfully, they're all dated in the front, so that will help lots.

Thanks for the nice thoughts and stuff, guys. Much appreciated.

The photo may be a bit hard to find, as I have at least 20 photo albums

to go through (!), but thankfully, they're all dated in the front, so that will help lots.

Sorry to hear about your loss. The great thing is you have albums of pictures and your own memories of him. Hope you find the pic and post for us. The grieving process truly difficult to deal with. Last year I lost my dad on July 21st and my grandmother (paternal) 4 days later. We're coming upon a year already and it hasn't gotten any easier for me. I will say I'm glad for the memories and for all the pictures we have. He still lives in each of us.

Finally after his passing, I just came out to my mother for the first time.(I'm 37 and mom is 69 and after about 5 vodka/red bulls) I cried so much and all she said was "why hadn't you told me a long time ago? I would have understood and still love you as much as I do now!" I was like great so "Happy Mothers Day"!!! It was the best feeling in the world. And then she says "See, you got all drunk for nothing!"

I'm just glad I haven't lost any great people in my life because I'm gay.....if anything more straight people at work who want to be my friend because they love who I am.

*side note*

Anyone coasting for kids who plays for the rainbow team that needs help, let me know. (I know that sounds stupid but I connect better with us gays than I do the straight world*