2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

Just had to stop by to profess my love for Female Trouble....but only about the first 3/4 of the movie. It kind of loses steam and I lose interest in return. Same with Raising Arizona: great first half, boring second half.

"Nice girls don't wear chacha heels"

John Waters is pretty good.

I have not seen much of his early work, however I do love:

Hairspray

Cry-Baby

Serial Mom

Pecker

Hey - truth - my fave four pics, exactly!

Serial Mom is my absolute of the four.

^ Although I have never been a fan or follower of most prof.team sports, I am thrilled

today, that young men and women in sports like Football or Basketball are

coming out, and starting the slow process of (eventual) acceptance of LGBTQ

players in all professional team sports.

disappointed by a lot of the reaction I'm seeing online.

but THIS has helped me out today

When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Mahatma Gandhi

(this quote, and the fact that my very good friends got legally married today in Little Rock, Ak.

They NEVER thought it would happen, and are disappointed folks couldn't be there with them, but I'm driving down for a hell of a reception soon. With the ruling being appealed, they rushed to get it done,and succeeded (#74 out of 167 couples today)).

I Love the criticism over Michael Sam's reaction to his being picked.

And good for his partner to be solidly supporting him, too.

Now if it was a str8 guy with a bodacious babe on his arm - massive

kissing and squeezing - nobody bats an eye.

I love the hypocracy of it all.

I have to admit that I was quite shocked when ESPN showed them kissing (and the cake smashing, haha). I don't have any problem with it, in fact I'm quite glad that they did show it, but there was an initial shock factor just for the fact that it was shown.

Also, during the draft ESPN was broadcasting from what they called the "first Gay Sports Bar in LA" (not sure if that's true or not), are there many around the country? If not, it's a hell of an investment idea in the near future!

I have to admit that I was quite shocked when ESPN showed them kissing (and the cake smashing, haha). I don't have any problem with it, in fact I'm quite glad that they did show it, but there was an initial shock factor just for the fact that it was shown.

Also, during the draft ESPN was broadcasting from what they called the "first Gay Sports Bar in LA" (not sure if that's true or not), are there many around the country? If not, it's a hell of an investment idea in the near future!

We hang out in one in Atlanta (called "Woof's") every year when we go for Dragon*con (a big sci-fi, fantasy, pop-culture convention).

so yeah, there are Gay Sports bars around

We have a gay sports bar here in Chicago, called "Crew." I dunno if it's still supposed to be a sports bar (I don't go to bars much), but the one time I went years ago it was kinda funny as they were playing typical gay club music. Which is just fine, but it hit me as an odd juxtaposition.

^ There is a gay sports bar in DC called Nellie's. They play remixed dance music while showing sports on the TVs. This is the bar the straight guys went to that were on the Real World DC and they had no idea its a gay bar.

I have gone into several gay sports bars around the US and Canada, on

earlier (1970-90s) travels. Whether they still exist...don't know. But

a number of even non-sports gay bars would advertise special nights

when such-and-such prof.sport series was happening with games. Special

drink prices, and some times Whopper Special Price$ (for an hour

or so after the game ends) when the Home Team Wins, LOL!

I remember "getting into it" several times, on trips to Seattle. Especially

when the home team was playing, in the city itself. Crazy in the bar!

Ha! The better your home team did - the drunker you got!

Thinking of my favorite bars/sports bars here in the city -- none of them are gay bars. Not that there's anything wrong with that (Seinfeld reference, who caught it?), but gay bars aren't really my style. Some tourists make it their top priority to visit the gay scene when they come to Chicago. That's fine, but I think that if they limit their visit to only that -- they are missing out on a lot of other cool places to see.

Thinking of my favorite bars/sports bars here in the city -- none of them are gay bars. Not that there's anything wrong with that (Seinfeld reference, who caught it?), but gay bars aren't really my style. Some tourists make it their top priority to visit the gay scene when they come to Chicago. That's fine, but I think that if they limit their visit to only that -- they are missing out on a lot of other cool places to see.

was just there for 5 days (for C2E2), and didn't go to even one gay bar (or into Boystown for that matter).

but LOVED the Art Institute, the Field Museum, Museum of Science and Industry, the Willis Tower, the 360 Observatory, and thought the Shedd Aquarium was just "ok" -- yeah. . I bought a CityPass. . best purchase I've ever made on a vacation.

Also hit "the bean" and the Chicago Cultural Center, and wandered about downtown in the loop on Sunday Afternoon (Ferris Beuler sculpture!).

want to go back, as I missed a ton of things I still want to do, and it was too rainy to hit the Navy Pier.

was just there for 5 days (for C2E2), and didn't go to even one gay bar (or into Boystown for that matter).

but LOVED the Art Institute, the Field Museum, Museum of Science and Industry, the Willis Tower, the 360 Observatory, and thought the Shedd Aquarium was just "ok" -- yeah. . I bought a CityPass. . best purchase I've ever made on a vacation.

Also hit "the bean" and the Chicago Cultural Center, and wandered about downtown in the loop on Sunday Afternoon (Ferris Beuler sculpture!).

want to go back, as I missed a ton of things I still want to do, and it was too rainy to hit the Navy Pier.

I am the same way when I go to a new city!! I want to see as much as possible. I HATE when some gay people structure their vacations around the bars/clubs. That really bugs me. I used to date a guy and EVERY TIME we went on a vacation he had to research where all the gay bars were. Even before I moved to Texas and lived only 2 hours from the gay beach in Delaware I rarely wanted to go there "just" to go clubbing. I wanted to enjoy the beauty of the beach and OMG the food!

And City Pass's are AWESOME! I plan on getting one this summer for Houston.