2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

I'm a guy who likes guys. It wasn't a big deal when I came out to my parents because my sexuality is extremely low on my list of identifying factors. I know a lot of people really take pride in their sexuality and I'm all for it, but I feel like I have so much more to offer than characterizing myself on my sexual orientation. I hope that made sense

My boyfriend thinks the same exact way you do. I am the opposite. I want to be out in the parades and rallies

Well at least I make sense I don't know if I could ever see myself going to an event or rally myself (does a Lady Gaga concert count??). But to be fair, I don't even celebrate my own birthday anymore... so maybe I'm just not a celebratory guy

For me - parades and rallies are just a lot of fun!

I get to meet new people and just celebrate this part of me that, growing up in the south, I was told was "wrong" and "shameful."

Different strokes for Different Folks I guess

(And yes - a Lady GaGa concert counts. There are more costumes and crazy outfits there than at a Gay Pride Parade

^I knew :/ Bummed big time. I just saw them in September at Riot Fest here in Chicago... didn't want to push to the front through the all-day-drunk riot crowd thinking "I'll just go see them at a smaller venue on next years tour."

Just pulled out my favorite Gwar souvenir today. A pink, yellow and green soaked white tee shirt

^Awww... you shouldda kept it! I remember going to their shows and slipping all over the floor in the mosh pit b/c the floor was soaked. Good times. I took a friend of mine once, who was all for a good time - but more of a proper queen. He had no idea who the band was; after the first head was cut off, he had fake pink blood squirted right in his face. He gave me the look of death, yelled my name loudly "Billy!" and took off to the back bar.

After the initial shock, he said he enjoyed it. But he watched the show from the back, never coming back from the bar.

Hmmm... Gwar on coasters. I would've like to have seen the band ride a coaster! It would have to be something with no seat divider. Maybe the Coney Island Cyclone. My bad. The Luna Park Cyclone.

yep. . I had a denim vest that I always wore to GWAR shows.

They came thru Austin a LOT, and I always saw them in Atlanta at Dragon*con.

anyways. . the thing was so caked with "fluids" that it eventually started cracking apart, and I had to throw it away.

funny thing: I never wore my "total slavery" fan club shirt to a show, when the whole point of the shirt (a white shirt) WAS to wear it to a show and get it stained

as I said in the Mega-Dead Celebrity thread, I think the band is done. They could survive members leaving (sniff, I still miss Slymnestra Hymen), and even replacing members who passed.

but I don't know how they could replace Oderus.

oh, but if you aren't familiar with them -- Lordi is "foreign GWAR" as I call them.

but I must admit, I think Lordi's music is better:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I dunno... but the 30 Blondie concerts I've been to do!

LOVED the Blondie concert I took my boyfriend to for his birthday last year - seriously great! Would definitely recommend to anyone, even if you aren't a huge fan who knows all the songs - I didn't but it was so much fun, and Debbie is probably the coolest chick around, no question.

but I don't know how they could replace Oderus.

You said it! But then again, Freddie Mercury, Michael Hutchence and Bon Scot all get replaced - and people payed lots of money to see the new guys... who knows.

oh, but if you aren't familiar with them -- Lordi is "foreign GWAR" as I call them.

I've heard of them, but haven't taken the time (yet!) to get to know them.

but I must admit, I think Lordi's music is better

Gwar's stuff is super 'tongue in cheek', but I still have my favorites

LOVED the Blondie concert I took my boyfriend to for his birthday last year - seriously great! Would definitely recommend to anyone, even if you aren't a huge fan who knows all the songs - I didn't but it was so much fun

Glad you guys enjoyed it! Debbie is one of a kind; cream of the crop; an artist and punk amongst artists and punks. They'll be on a 40th anniversary tour this year.

and Debbie is probably the coolest chick around, no question.

Got that right! Still rockin and doing new stuff at 68...

997180264_debbie2014.jpg.ac5e696155401dd796bc93289dc801f5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Question- Are there certain gay people that you can't tell? At all? I know there are certain people who try and hide the fact by dating girls and such. There is a guy at my school, he is very feminine, cheerleader, LOVES Starbucks, doesn't have a single guy friend, has a girly voice, is all about vans and pink shirts, styles his hair everyday. I'm not trying to sound Stero-typical I was just wondering are there people like that? Thanks!

^There are all sorts of people. We come in all sorts of colors and shapes. All sorts of mannerisms, likes and qualities. There are people that seem stereotypically gay, but are heterosexual - and people that seem stereotypically heterosexual, but are not. And then everywhere in between. It's almost the standard that LGBT folks live part of their life in some sort of closet, but that is getting better over time

I've met people that I thought were most definitely gay, and turned out to be heterosexual. Add to that the continuum between homosexual and heterosexual, and you get an infinite number of orientations.

You can be anyone and have any sexual or gender orientation. I know people who would fall under the stereotype, however they are not gay. As well as people who end up acting surprised "OMG, I never thought you were gay" kind of responses. The sterotypes are usually, "well if you like the same gender, then you must act like the opposite gender" which is entirely false.

I myself am Pansexual, which means that I look away from another persons gender entirely when it comes to relationships. I'm also willing to admit that I'm some form of trans*. I'm still identifying with who I am and what not, but there has been some gender dysphoria for quite some time.

I love that there are so many different types of people - gay, straight, lesbian, bi-sexual, pan-sexual, queer, etc. On top of that I love that we all have different ways of expressing ourselves. I am glad there are more and more people, especially young people that are moving away from the norm and doing their own thing, being their own person. They are being leaders instead of followers. The future is so bright for generations to come with the progression of everything - not just being gay and open but anything that is considered different or taboo.

I was out in my senior year of high school and I was nervous to do the things I wanted to do - join cheerleading, join cooking class, start a gay straight alliance, etc. Looking back the one thing I wish I would have did was join cheerleading.

So please any young people here please get out there and do what you want, try to stop thinking what people will think of you and just live your life. You only get one.

You can be anyone and have any sexual or gender orientation. I know people who would fall under the stereotype, however they are not gay. As well as people who end up acting surprised "OMG, I never thought you were gay" kind of responses. The sterotypes are usually, "well if you like the same gender, then you must act like the opposite gender" which is entirely false.

I myself am Pansexual, which means that I look away from another persons gender entirely when it comes to relationships. I'm also willing to admit that I'm some form of trans*. I'm still identifying with who I am and what not, but there has been some gender dysphoria for quite some time.

Welcome! We are glad you are here.

If you are interested, early on in this thread - way back near it's beginning - we had a Trans member and she talked alot about it and about "coming out as trans." You might find it an interesting read. I think her username was AllieY2K. She is no longer a member of TPR - but still had some pretty great things to say.

D

I've known pretty much for as long as I can remember that I'm attracted to both men and women (I've also come to realize that gender doesn't matter at all and have adopted Pansexual vs. Bisexual.) But I've also never really had any interest in relationships/getting married or anything like that. I thought maybe I was strange or broken, then I came across the term Aromantic and read the definition and everything just clicked. It described me so perfectly. I'm not saying that I could never be in a relationship, but it's not necessarily something I need or want. It might happen someday, but it was just so nice to read it and realize that I'm not broken or there's anything wrong with me. My orientation is best described as Aromantic Pansexual.

I don't use those words, but I'm not offended by it unless its used in offensive context. Queer for a bit used to be an anti-gay word, but now lgbt people use it to define themselves as being in the lgbt-spectrum. It is just how the words are used, thats all.

I personally do not like that word faggot because as a society we have given it such a negative connotation. I do not even like when other gay people say it as a joke. If you do not want anyone to say it then you should not say it what I say to them.