2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

Good karma would have 10,000 people show up at his funeral with signs that say "Hope you brought your SPF 5000, asshole" or "God hates bigots - enjoy your time in hell, Freddie!"....but we're much better people than that!

^ Of course we are.

But heaven forbid we "push" the gay agenda in movies, tv, music, etc. I think these bigots do not stop to think its not "us", its Hollywood doing that. In reality its helped in my opinion. Seeing kids coming out younger and younger and fully understanding they are in fact gay, bi, queer, pansexual, lesbian, transgender, etc. I think that is pretty awesome. Now more then 50% of US citizens believe gays should have the right to marry or at least do not care either way.

I feel really mixed on all of this. Sure he was a TERRIBLE person who did AWFUL things. I just can't seem to find any joy in his death. I only feel sad for him. I'm glad he can't spew his poison anymore but I hope that whatever God there might be will have mercy on him. I guess in my mind he's just another messed up human like the rest of us.

I guess in my mind he's just another messed up human like the rest of us.

Please adjust your thinking.

"another messed up human like the rest of us" -- doesn't go to funerals and *intentionally* cause additional pain to those grieving a loss.

The man was garbage, and the only real shame here is that his messed up family will continue to spew his bile until the bloodline eventually dies out.

by the way, apparently in Kansas City last night?

The WBC protested a concert (Lorde), and counter protesters showed up holding a sign saying "sorry for your loss"

know what their response was?

Spokesman for the church said "I don't even know what they are saying"

These people may be Human beings, but they are NOT Human (a human understands the concept of sympathy).

and yes, the above is a true story.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/westboro-baptist-church-lorde-concert-sorry-for-your-loss

The way I look at this is all Fred Phelps and WBC did was make everyone else STRONGER and MORE UNIFIED. It was because of the horrible things he did and said that made people stand up against it together regardless of their orientation. So, as much as we hate people like him, in a way they're good because as a whole this country becomes stronger from the common desire to stand up against those kinds of people. I'm not saying he was a good person, because he was the opposite, but it was because of him that the LGBT and straight communities were able to become more unified.

I'm actually considering writing a song about the oppression towards gays that parts of this country are still experiencing. If I do write that song and get a metal band together at some point I'll be sure to share it.

I feel really mixed on all of this. Sure he was a TERRIBLE person who did AWFUL things. I just can't seem to find any joy in his death. I only feel sad for him. I'm glad he can't spew his poison anymore but I hope that whatever God there might be will have mercy on him. I guess in my mind he's just another messed up human like the rest of us.

I think you put it best. I don't like what he did and he makes me mad, but it seems wrong of me to find joy in his death. I feel bad he didn't get to understand the truth.

It saddens me that there are people out there like WBC. These people are sick and I hate (I do not use that word much) that they are having children and raising them to be this way. I can only hope the further generation(s) that come from these people learn the error in their beliefs and progress away from the hatred and bigotry. Now I am not religious, I don't believe in it at all really. However, I do know that religion is meant to be used for good and what they do is not good. Its sad and pathetic. I can not believe they waste their time picketing funerals and other events.

Like it was previously said in a another response there is a silver lining. They have brought more LGBT together as well as brought more of our straight alliances out of the wood work and I love that.

I'm a guy who likes guys. It wasn't a big deal when I came out to my parents because my sexuality is extremely low on my list of identifying factors. I know a lot of people really take pride in their sexuality and I'm all for it, but I feel like I have so much more to offer than characterizing myself on my sexual orientation. I hope that made sense

funner

Heeheehee

Sorry it just sounds funny But I use that word too

Back on topic, yes it does make sense! Sexuality isn't a personality, it's a part of you. You can make it a personality, but it isn't a personality, it's just sexuality. A lot of haters can't grasp that.

I'm a guy who likes guys. It wasn't a big deal when I came out to my parents because my sexuality is extremely low on my list of identifying factors. I know a lot of people really take pride in their sexuality and I'm all for it, but I feel like I have so much more to offer than characterizing myself on my sexual orientation. I hope that made sense

My boyfriend thinks the same exact way you do. I am the opposite. I want to be out in the parades and rallies