2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

For those who are interested - RuPaul's Drag Race - Season 6 starts tonight!!!

I, for one, am super-excited. Totally addicted to that show.

looking like strongest season yet!

(the episode -- minus the last 10 minutes -- was put online over the weekend by Ru).

by the way, Sharon Needles' cd "PG-13" is fantastic if you love "club" music. She's not the greatest singer, but the music is just great!

After being absolutely disgusted when hearing about the new Arizona bill allowing businesses to deny service to gays, I had to laugh at what this pizza place in Tucson did!!!

On a serious note though, I find it really pathetic that just when you think this country is finally starting to turn the corner, a state steps up and does something as dumb as this.

For shame, Arizona...for shame.

Link

After being absolutely disgusted when hearing about the new Arizona bill allowing businesses to deny service to gays, I had to laugh at what this pizza place in Tucson did!!!

On a serious note though, I find it really pathetic that just when you think this country is finally starting to turn the corner, a state steps up and does something as dumb as this.

Link

At least it isn't like those countries in Africa - Life Imprisonment for being gay, or knowing someone gay and not reporting them (which is better than "kill the gays law," but still horrific.

^It will happen in your lifetime!

^ I agree David.

I hate how pathetic we are as a society. In 20-30 years the next 2 generations are going to look back and laugh at us. Society is focusing on the wrong things simply because they do not understand and do not want to take the time to understand.

Link

At least it isn't like those countries in Africa - Life Imprisonment for being gay, or knowing someone gay and not reporting them (which is better than "kill the gays law," but still horrific.

^It will happen in your lifetime!

Yes, I just was reading about Nigeria and Uganda...what the hell is up with that? Are they using homosexuality as a diversion in order to cover up their corrupt officials?

While I can say that at least we don't live in a country like that, it's still pathetic to believe that any state in the US could try to gain approval for gay discrimination for local businesses and it would actually be taken seriously.

This past weekend, I got the chance to visit the memorials in Washington DC. This quote from FDR really hit home for me & it's too bad that more people (especially those that are voted to represent the American people) can't live by these types if ideals.

037.JPG.2977237aaaf21b13b1faaa7d4a28ffcc.JPG

I remember the President of Uganda stated that science proved homosexual orientation to be a choice...NO IT'S NOT!!!! I did not choose to be gay, I mean Imwas born gay and I'm gonna die gay! I never chose it.

Two people, Travis Nuckolls and Chris Baker asked a question one time: "When did you choose to become straight?" People didn't, they don't choose! I know i'm just stating the obvious but a lot of anti-gays like the Ugandan President don't realize that.

shocked not updated yet. . but HUGE day today.

Texas anti-gay marriage ban found unconstitutional (tho stay put on ruling until State can appeal (bah). . but still!)

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/26/politics/texas-same-sex/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

and then Jan Brewer (under intense pressure. . but still!) Vetoes the pro-Gay-Discrimination bill that the scumbags in State Legislature put on her desk!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/26/politics/texas-same-sex/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

wOOt!

BIG day for Gay Rights.

^^I figured that once the big name corporations like Apple & American (as well as the NFL & MLB) spoke out against it that Brewer would be more or less forced to veto.

There could have been major economic impact as a result of these corporations backing out, but the big whammy could have been the NFL yanking the Super Bowl away from Phoenix if the law passed. But in the end, Jan knew what was right and I commend her for making the appropriate decision (even if the heat was turned up).

The thing that amazes me is that legislators would even be dumb enough to bring something like that to the table. How much taxpayer money did they waste even drafting something so ridiculous? It's one thing to support your religious beliefs, but did they think that they could push a law where anyone could just blatantly discriminate against someone that they thought might be gay? What about the straight effeminate man that is married and has three kids...they get denied service because someone thinks that he might be gay and trying to cover it up?

The whole idea was just so utterly preposterous that it makes me wonder what kind of f%$king blind idiots we are electing into office these days!

Also a HUGE move for Texas...that is very big step in the right direction for the South!

• 2 weeks later...

^ I could not agree with you more.

Religion has nothing to do with politics. At least that is how I think. When you are a politician you have to leave all personal feeling out of things and decide things based on the best for the people.

I recently moved to TX and I have not ran into any issues yet with being me and open with who I am. But it does not help that I work for a very gay friendly company, work in Houston, and live near College Station. I know if I go into the really rural areas I could run into issues.

Straight guy here, need to vent.

One of my sister's closest friends is openly gay and has been hiding her girlfriend from her homophobic parents. Well, they found out, and the stuff my sister said made me sick. They're moving her to another school next year, and are putting her through really expensive therapy sessions. The fact that parents can't accept their own children for who they are really disgusts me. If my child told me he/she was gay, if anything I'd think higher of them for having the courage to accept that. It really pisses me off that people STILL have that medieval way of thinking where they disown their own child because of who they're attracted to.

Any gay people on here who have gone through something similar with their parents, you have my sympathies. If any of you are going through something similar currently, don't hesitate to send me a PM. I'm not the best guy to offer support, but I'll do my absolute best to help you. I may not be able to empathize with you since I'm straight, but I still have some idea of what you must be going through.

Kids these days are coming out younger and younger. I like that, I like that kids are realizing who they are and are not afraid to express it. The fact that these kids friends and peers are mostly so accepting makes it even more awesome. Kids these days are more accepting then most of their parents. I guess pushing so many gay characters in music, movies, TV, video games helps in some ways. Even shows on Disney, Cartoon Network, etc have "gay" like characters without saying. Even better I believe it just came out that a Disney channel show now has a known gay character. I think that is pretty awesome.

Any gay people on here who have gone through something similar with their parents, you have my sympathies. If any of you are going through something similar currently, don't hesitate to send me a PM. I'm not the best guy to offer support, but I'll do my absolute best to help you. I may not be able to empathize with you since I'm straight, but I still have some idea of what you must be going through.

This made me a bit misty eyed, I cannot lie. I came out about 3 decades ago, and it was a lot harder back then. Luckily for me, I have an incredibly supportive family. I just wanted you to know that it is so heartening to read things like this from our straight allies. Thank you for putting it out there. Your support does not go unnoticed, nor unappreciated!

I came out at 14! My dad is a pastor so you can imagine how that went! So I've been out for 14 years! Wow time passes fast! But it is amazing how much just a little support can make all the difference! I know for me there was a small group for GLBTQ teens (Prism) that I had to secretly go to! That group basically helped me survive!

I am bi, and I've only told 5 people.

Like Gay Coaster Guy said, now it's waaaay more than 5 people haha Congratulations! I'm proud of you