2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

^ Hmmm. How did you guys do, together? My tenth was loaded with people,

although 99% of them I never really "knew", (ha).

But I got to take David along on our 10th, as we had been by then,

9 years together. And it was 1981 = DISCO REUNION!

You had to be there. Really.

And I think I finally got it all

blocked out of my mind.

I missed my 10th - but did make it to my 20th. Out of a graduating class of 600, about 200 showed up. It was still "fairly" cliquey, but not as bad as I thought. I actually had entire conversations with people I never spoke to in High School. I thought they were snobs, and they thought I was standoffish. We shared a laugh.

D

^ I am so over Baltimore. I will be moving to Texas in February to join my BF who already lives there. I can not wait to live in a small town versus a large city but yet still have the city within in an hours drive. Plus the people in TX are so much nicer over all from my experience.

Where in Texas are you going to be moving to?

^ I am so over Baltimore. I will be moving to Texas in February to join my BF who already lives there. I can not wait to live in a small town versus a large city but yet still have the city within in an hours drive. Plus the people in TX are so much nicer over all from my experience.

Where in Texas are you going to be moving to?

Brenham - it is between Austin and Houston.

^ Awww thank you David! I am excited. I visit every other month for a weekend and have been to both Houston and Austin. Everyone seems so nice. I am not used to that up here in the north where everyone is nasty and only cares about their self. I am looking forward to a slower pace of life since I will be about an hour outside of Houston. Even in the little town of Brenham I will be living in seems to be pretty gay friendly over all.

Everyone keeps telling me how I am going to love it. I am excited. I LOVE the Galveston area. I told my BF I want to spend more and more time there. I will excited if this new park proposed for the Houston area gets built so I will have a park close to me. I am also excited to venture to new parks I have never been to in the Texas area.

So I came out on Theme Park Review on Saturday!

Yes I am gay. And don't call my gay101 because I take offense to it. For some reason I did not take that into consideration when creating my username. And thanks for not judging me

I did overreact, haha

Edited by yay101

So yesterday in chat...

Yes I am gay. And don't call my gay101 because I take offense to it. For some reason I did not take that into consideration when creating my username. And thanks for not judging me

I did overreact, haha

LOL. . as AzGuy said, you just put that idea in all our heads

Congrats on having the courage to put it out there for us to see, and welcome to the freedom of being out (if not in real life to everyone, then at least to those of us who post on TPR and read this thread).

I think you'll find VERY little judgement from folks here. . .we're all cool. (well, cept for that ONE guy. . .LOL).

as to you getting offended if someone does make a jokey play on your screen name?

Honestly, I think it's just because you are still very young. You may very well eventually take control of the word and say it out loud with pride.

I certainly have been in places chanting

"we're here, we're queer, get used to it!"

and that's something I thought I would NEVER say, or certainly not a word I'd use to describe myself (queer???) when I was in my teens.

but words have power. And when you own them?. . you have the power.

regardless tho.. welcome to the rainbow! We're like a big ol bag of skittles up in here (with some brown M&M's mixed in)

So yay101, this is a really great place to be yourself,

doesn't matter the orientation. And you'll have better contact

and connections, than I ever did in my "good old days" (har).

Welcome to The Craziness That Is TPR.

Well thanks for the support!

I think you'll find VERY little judgement from folks here. . .we're all cool. (well, cept for that ONE guy. . .LOL).

Um, who is this ONE guy??

I still have to come out to the rest of the world...There are a few other people outside TPR that know I'm gay.

I also need some advice...

The bad part is one of those people used to my best friend. I told him I'm gay and he accepted me for it. Then something weird happened and I got feelings for him. I even told him that, and at the time he said he's straight but doesn't care that I do.

However, now things are awkward for me and him. I'm not sure whose fault it is, I mean I've apologized and everything, but now it's hard to talk to him. Like I don't text him much but he doesn't respond to any of my texts, and when I try to talk to him in person (in general about general things), it's really awkward. Like he sometimes doesn't respond when I talk.

This is the situation I am in right now. I don't know what to do and I know I've been an idiot but I need some advice on how to fix this and not mess up any friendships I have when I come out. I know I've dumb and I want to fix everything, and I don't know what to do.

^Dont be weird about it! Its that simple. Just talk to him as if nothings even happened. If he drifts off then thats his bad. As far as my coming out went, I was fortunate enough that my high school totally accepted me and no ones ever hassled me! Even at parties! Just be yourself and DONT let your sexuality define you. Its a small part of who you are. "Gay" isn't a personality, its a romantic preference.

^Being gay is not a preference in my opinion. Its like saying I prefer Pepsi to Coke but still drink Coke if its the only thing offered. I would not be dating girls if they were no guys around.

^^Just be you. Do not be sorry for having feelings for him. Feelings are not something that we can control 100% of the time. Sit and think about it. Are these real feelings or are they feelings because this is all new to you and he is someone that is close to you?

Please do not let your sexuality define you. Being gay is only a part of who you are. If he appreciates you as a friend as much as he says he may drift at first but will come back. Talk to him like you would normally. If he has made it known he is straight and not interested don't make it weird for him and keep bringing it up - not saying you are but I have been there and it ended badly.

The only friendships that are going to be messed up are between you and the people that let you being gay get in the way. If they are TRUE friends you being gay will have 0 effect on how they feel about you. If it bothers them they are either are not secure with who they are, do not really care for your friendship, or were taught being gay is wrong and they believe it. If any friends walk out of your life keep the good times you had together in your mind and move on.

Some people will be ready right away to talk about you being gay, wanting to gossip about your celebrity crushes and which guys in school you think are hot. On the other hand some will need to be eased into it. You have to figure each person out.

^^

Yay101, I was in the same position you were in with the "best friend" situation. It's going to take some time for him to get used to the fact that you're gay but the awkwardness will eventually pass and he and I are still great friends 20+ years later. (Damn I just made myself feel really old)

Alilstronger made a lot of great points as well. Couldn't have said it better myself. Hang in there, kid....you're going to be ok.

I was walking through my university's main plaza earlier today and there was a representative there from the LGBT Resource Center. She had a table set up and was giving out wristbands so I went up to the table, hoping for an asexuality wristband, and LO AND BEHOLD...

tumblr_mz48hbULDF1qbrovbo1_1280.jpg.e777624dfdff94f3d15d533995262802.jpg

It's nice to finally see some representation on campus. So many people don't even know that asexuality is a real thing. In fact, people usually just say something along the lines of, "Oh, so you reproduce by budding?"

It's beyond annoying.