2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

Happy National Coming Out Day (I just came out on Facebook )!

^Congrats!

What he said. How did it go/going?

Bobby (alilstronger) so nice to run into you, going opposite directions, 100+ feet in the air on Knoebels sky ride. How cool is that!?

Yes it was very cool! I had to do a double take to realize it was you.

• 2 weeks later...

^ Like when we met at the Bash at at SFGA

Well - I am officially a Florida resident now. Moved to the Orlando area last week and started a new job this week.

It is great to be here, but I hate hate hate hate hate hate moving.

^ Like when we met at the Bash at at SFGA

Well - I am officially a Florida resident now. Moved to the Orlando area last week and started a new job this week.

It is great to be here, but I hate hate hate hate hate hate moving.

Congrats on your move!

I am Gay. I am significantly flamboyant, but I do not contibute that to my Sexual Orientation. I'm just me. I always say that I believe that even if I was straight, I would still act the same and have the same personality. I dont like it when people say "I dont have a problem with Gay people, I just dont like them being so Flamboyant". Or "I dont have a problem with Gays, I just dont like Pansys". And you would be surprised how many Gay men actually hate Flamboyant Gay men because they "give them a bad rep" or "Its because of them why people hate us. Its called individuality. Dont hate someone because of who they are, no matter what.

And now I'll get off my soap box

^ I like your soapbox; I've been standing on that one for most of my life.

We call it "internalized homophobia" when our fellow gays condemn us being the big 'mo we are. Most people wouldn't peg me as gay just looking at me, but when I open my mouth, a purse falls out. Well...a purse, feather boa, high-heeled shoes, and a beaded evening gown. It's okay that we are all different, and if the butch gays don't want to date the nelly ones, that's their prerogative. But, don't bash us for being ourselves. We ask our straight friends and family members to celebrate diversity, so let's celebrate that in our own community.

I believe we all should be who we are. Some of us a more flamboyant, some of us are more butch, some are in the middle. I love that we have so many different facets within our community. The gays that hate on others for being too gay are just rude and are what gives us more of a bad name. They are the pretentious ones that make fun of EVERYONE.

In my decades of existence (ha), I have seen butch gays go off on flamboyant gays,

and have seen nelly gays rip verbal strips out of butches.

It's swung both ways where one part of our community is "critical" of another part.

Sadly. But it's there, decade after decade, in one form or another. Whatever reason.

It even extends into Pride Parades, right? And then when straight people's

opinions are added (too much nudity, too much leather, too much politics, blah blah),

it's usually a mess of criticism every year. A small mess, but still...

People are people, and everybody deserves the right to be themself.

And love themself. And love others. For who they are. Easy.

(And I'm sorry you won't be making the Scandi Tour either, Jon. The ducks'll have to wait....)

A_02BBL_DogFartCoaster.jpg.b8ab06772aeabe8489435e3b4cfe20cf.jpg

Fran(l) and Jon® nearly get farted on, in Bon Bon Land, Denmark. (June 2009)

In my decades of existence (ha), I have seen butch gays go off on flamboyant gays,

and have seen nelly gays rip verbal strips out of butches.

It's swung both ways where one part of our community is "critical" of another part.

Sadly. But it's there, decade after decade, in one form or another.

Thanks for shedding light on this. Internalized homophobia runs rampant. It's comes with the territory, but we can learn and rise above it all.

I've had to really cool my jets when explaining to the big butch muscle head why the skinny twinky flamboyant queen has more guts and balls than he does (and why he isn't better than said queen because he doesn't have the same attributes and mannerisms). I'm always trying to find better ways to explain things.