2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

Here is the artist that did that: http://alisonrowan.bigcartel.com/

I also love this one:

I tend to think words are just words, and people should make their own decisions on how to use them. But there is nothing worse than saying something like "you're such a retard" then turn around to see a mother with her obviously mentally handicapped kid. That happened with a friend of mine, and I had been trying to get her to stop saying that. She doesn't say it anymore after that incident.

^Thank you for your support! I'd like to challenge you (in a friendly way) on one thing you said:

that's their choice, not mine.
The challenge would be the question "so when did you make the choice to be heterosexual?"

As for the amount of LGBT users on here, that's great, especially if someone is being a total @$$hole, and calls this hobby (coaster riding) "gay", as people could always come up with some witty comeback to put them in their place

We're everywhere! I think if people are comfortable with the environment (ie 'gay friendly') then more folks are more likely to NOT stay closeted. Which is good, it sucks having to avoid life questions out of fear (like "are you married" or "do you have a girlfriend?").

As for people who call this hobby "gay," how weird would it be to call a hobby "heterosexual" or "straight"? That's lame. The whole "that's so gay" line is dying a slow death. The only people that should be using that line are gay people (and maybe South Park - that is a venue for teasing everything). I would never go around saying "that's so black" - it's not my slang word to use.

Totally agree with you man... A little slang is fine, but something like "that's so gay" isn't right to say now adays due to ppl becoming more accepting.

Speaking of acceptance, just wondering... Did anyone on here get into coasters as a way to get away from bullying/teasing?... From being gay or any other reason ppl might tease someone... I remember when I was like 10, & I stared getting into coasters, rides were kinda an opportunity for me to get away from it all. Anyone else feel the same?

^ I can see what you are saying. I personally did not get into coasters/amusement parks for that reason but what you are saying does make sense. I have just always simply loved coasters and for me there is no other high in the world then riding rides be it coasters, flats, water slides, any rides in general.

My escape from life was going out dancing at the clubs every weekend when I turned 21.

I was the poster ADD kid growing up (hated school!) so coasters were a refuge for me very early on. I'd wait weeks for an ACE or APJ (Amusement Park Journal) mailing, or a letter back (usually stuffed with goodies!) from parks. I wrote letters to nearly every park in the US in the 80 - couldn't just jump online back then.

• 2 weeks later...

Visited Texas this past weekend to meet an online friend that I have been talking to via email, text, and phone calls for 2 years now. It was scary at first because I've never met him. You all probably think I am crazy don't you?

Come to find out we click really well and I do not think neither of us were expecting that. We are going to try to travel to each other and see where this goes. Like I have said all my life you can not expect to find love in your general area all the time. This may be thinking way tooooo far in advance but I have NOTHING holding me here in Maryland so the potential is awesome!

I'm excited

Visited Texas this past weekend to meet an online friend that I have been talking to via email, text, and phone calls for 2 years now. It was scary at first because I've never met him. You all probably think I am crazy don't you?

Come to find out we click really well and I do not think neither of us were expecting that. We are going to try to travel to each other and see where this goes. Like I have said all my life you can not expect to find love in your general area all the time. This may be thinking way tooooo far in advance but I have NOTHING holding me here in Maryland so the potential is awesome!

I'm excited

Yay! Wish you all the best! I made many friends online way in the past that I still keep in contact with. I even ended up dating a few. Where in Texas did you visit?

Thank you all!!

Yay! Wish you all the best! I made many friends online way in the past that I still keep in contact with. I even ended up dating a few. Where in Texas did you visit?

I visited Breham, TX. It is about an hour I think south west of Houston. We were about an hour from Galveston if that helps.

New Texas Giant and Iron Rattler will be extra perks moving down to Texas You are only crazy for waiting 2 years to finally meet. I wish you two the best of luck.

Yes, the thought of having new "home" parks is awesome! Too bad the guy I am seeing there does not like coasters at all. No worries though, he said he would go just to see me happy and to hold my bags lol You are right - we waited way too long to see each other.

You could also start by searching here on the PFLAG site and finding your closest chapter.

The Trevor Project also offers support through it's Trevorchat online messaging service or if things are looking especially bleak there's always the trevorlifeline, You can get more inofrmation about those and other great services here.