2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

You all are awesome and you all just made my day! I need some friends like you guys around here! Now I just need to find someone around here that thinks that I actually like!

And since its just a coaster "relationship" you can all 3 share me!

Even though I know a lot of gay guys don't like sports, you have to admit that this is a HUGE announcement for major league sports and for America in general. I would think that it would take balls of steel for a jock pro athlete to come out of the closet...

Way to go, Jason!!!

From Fox Sports:

Former President Bill Clinton is asking fans and colleagues of NBA player Jason Collins of the Boston Celtics to support and respect him after Collins announced he is gay.

Clinton said in a statement Monday that he has known Collins since he attended Stanford University with his daughter Chelsea. He says Collins' announcement posted on Sports Illustrated's website is an ''important moment'' for professional sports.

He said Collins is ''a good man who wants no more than what so many of us seek - to be able to be who we are, to do our work, to build families and to contribute to our communities.''

Chelsea Clinton also tweeted her support for Collins Monday.

Collins is the first active male player in the four major American professional sports to come out as gay.

Even though I know a lot of gay guys don't like sports, you have to admit...

I hate this mindset. People find out I'm a hockey fan and they're surprised, as if a gay can't like something so "straight" and so"manly," it's absurd. Plenty of gay guys (and girls) like sports just as much as the rest of the population, there's no need for this to precede the announcement that a gay NBA player exists out of the closet now. Saying this before announcing that Jason Collins is gay essentially demerits half the point of his coming out - a gay guy can play sports just as good as a straight one, that stereotype is a bunch of donkey poop and it needs to go.

Even though I know a lot of gay guys don't like sports, you have to admit...

I hate this mindset. People find out I'm a hockey fan and they're surprised, as if a gay can't like something so "straight" and so"manly," it's absurd. Plenty of gay guys (and girls) like sports just as much as the rest of the population, there's no need for this to precede the announcement that a gay NBA player exists out of the closet now. Saying this before announcing that Jason Collins is gay essentially demerits half the point of his coming out - a gay guy can play sports just as good as a straight one, that stereotype is a bunch of donkey poop and it needs to go.

Oh I certainly agree with you...no doubt & please don't take that as any type of attack. I know there are lots of gay, bi and lesbians that love sports - I just wish I could meet more of them & am sure that I will as my life goes on. Just remember that you are 21 and I am 41 - things are obviously changing every day and Jason's coming out was such a breath of fresh air for people like me & you!

I have loved watching hockey and football in a hick town since I was a teen (and my family wasn't even into sports in any way, shape or form), but when I started meeting a lot of my partner's gay friends at parties in the big cities & after going to a lot of gay bars, a lot of times I felt out of place because I didn't like Broadway (didn't know the words to the piano sing-along) and when I mentioned that I liked pro sports, rock/heavy metal music and also liked to play golf - it was like I felt that friends & patrons just all whirled and looked at me (think Stephen King's: Carrie...I actually felt...hmmmm...discriminated against????).

Very awkward.

I remember walking out of several gay bars and saying; "This isn't me" - even after realizing & accepting that I was different. I just didn't feel like I fit in with what I thought were "people like me." It actually caused me to go back and ponder if I wanted something that wasn't was....seriously. And I certainly knew that I wasn't going to just "conform" to what the gay crowd construed as "too butch" and "not gay enough".

I realize that things have changed a lot since I first discovered my sexuality (several, several years ago), so I have to admit that my previous post was more of a "I've been different for way too long" statement that may have procured from several uncomfortable encounters during my lifetime as one of the members of the LGBT community.

This is why I made the statement of how Jason's coming out was so ridiculously huge for the entire LGBT community & how awesome it was....it breaks down so many stereotypes and is also a great way for some old school gays to step back and say, "Hey, I have a gay brother that's butch that plays sports or just happens to like sports and listens to Black Sabbath!"

This is why I made the statement of how Jason's coming out was so ridiculously huge for the entire LGBT community & how awesome it was....it breaks down so many stereotypes and is also a great way for some old school gays to step back and say, "Hey, I have a gay brother that's butch that plays sports or just happens to like sports and listens to Black Sabbath!"

True! I'm so happy that guy came out - he's paving the way for many more. I love Black Sabbath (even Never Say Die and Technical Ecstasy!). I'm also a big fan of the Misfits, Motorhead, Ramones, AC/DC (just the Bon Scot stuff, though) Kiss, etc... but I keep my "gay card" (I say "gay card" in jest, as none of it really matters) as I'm a huge fan of Blondie, Go-Go's, X, Missing Persons, B-52s, etc. It really doesn't matter. If I was a professional football player who only listened to death metal, I'm still NO BETTER than the swishing twink skipping down the street listening to Madonna. NO better. We are all in this together.

We are all in this together.

Yes, we are and there are so many gay people who do not think like this. They judge EVERYONE on how they look, what they wear, the music they listen to, where they work, where they live, what gym they go to. I hate that!!!

True! I'm so happy that guy came out - he's paving the way for many more. I love Black Sabbath (even Never Say Die and Technical Ecstasy!). I'm also a big fan of the Misfits, Motorhead, Ramones, AC/DC (just the Bon Scot stuff, though) Kiss, etc... but I keep my "gay card" (I say "gay card" in jest, as none of it really matters) as I'm a huge fan of Blondie, Go-Go's, X, Missing Persons, B-52s, etc. It really doesn't matter. If I was a professional football player who only listened to death metal, I'm still NO BETTER than the swishing twink skipping down the street listening to Madonna. NO better. We are all in this together.

LOL. . I swear we are like TWINS.

my music list would be almost exactly the same (particularly KISS & Missing Persons). . but throw in a bunch of Industrial & Goth as well:

Cruxshadows

Cabaret Voltaire

Front 242

Frontline Assembly

Ministry

etc. .

^ Same here!

I also grew up listening to Stuff like Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath and Venom when I was a teen.

Then I got into death metal for a while and then stuff like Dave Matthews Band, Ween and The Beatles. Now I listen to all that stuff plus the retro music I grew up with in the 80's (Go-Go's, Duran Duran, REM, etc) and even go back to classic 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's music quite a bit too!

Speaking of bigger pants....

I am up to a size 40 now, ugh! It is going down this summer!

I rode Drop Tower at KI last week, and couldn't get the belt buckled! The guy came around checking restraints, I told him "buckle it, I am NOT doing the walk of shame. Break bones if you have to!"

He laughed, but he got it buckled. I had to hold my breath through 3 other people having to do the walk of shame, AND the ride itself.

my music list would be almost exactly the same (particularly KISS & Missing Persons). .

Love Gun was the first "rock n roll" record I ever had! Everything else up to that point was sesame street type stuff. And the time it took my 3 tries to get past the bouncers to reach up and grab Dale Bozzio's hand at the end of a show... then I got pulled away quickly! It was worth it. I'm surprised Dale/Missing Persons haven't had much of a resurgence with all the Lady GaGa stuff. Even if it's just the look - coincidence or not.

but throw in a bunch of Industrial & Goth as well

Can't say I ever caught up with that category. My extent would be maybe some older stuff - Siouxie & the Banshees and Gang of Four (does that count?) Sadly, I left a Creatures concert a few years ago out of boredom (and the need to get wasted!).

I'm surprised Dale/Missing Persons haven't had much of a resurgence with all the Lady GaGa stuff. Even if it's just the look - coincidence or not.

but throw in a bunch of Industrial & Goth as well

Can't say I ever caught up with that category. My extent would be maybe some older stuff - Siouxie & the Banshees and Gang of Four (does that count?) Sadly, I left a Creatures concert a few years ago out of boredom (and the need to get wasted!).

Dale doesn't look that great (tho she still SOUNDS fantastic), and I think that's why we rarely see her touring these days. (she pretty much owns the Missing Persons band name, so really could take them out on the road if she chooses too. . similar to Terri Nunn w/Berlin).

but there kinda has been a resurgence for MP -- no real new music, but tons of import CDs featuring a lot of live performance, cut tracks, and she has a couple of great "covers" CDs out. Check out Amazon. . you'd be surprised what has been released in the past 10 years.

as to the Creatures show. . was that the tour that she and Budgie did as "An Evening with Siouxsie"?

Yeah, it was a bit rough if you aren't a Creatures fan, as the only Banshees songs she played were fairly obscure ones (other than the one from Batman Returns)

I took my partner along to that, since he likes a few Siouxsie & the Banshees tracks (mainly "Cities in Dust" and "Kiss them for Me". . and they played neither). . and he was bored.

but I'm a Creatures fan too, so I thought the show was awesome!

That would make 10 states that officially recognize Same Sex marriage (well at least in August when Rhode Island starts issuing those marriage licenses).

Untitled.png.d49761c567e220dba1049e808061bf51.png

The states in dark orange allow same sex marriage, the states in light orange allow domestic partnerships that are fully equivalent to heterosexual marriage, and Wisconsin (yellow) allows some rights for their domestic partnerships.