2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

What's the chance of meeting on the 2013 Texas/Mid-west tour? Will be my first but always looking for friends and stuff.

You will meet a BUNCH of great folks on the tour. I've done 5 of them and have made life-long friends on each one. You will most likey be suprised by the number of gay people on the trip as well.

You will most likey be suprised by the number of gay people on the trip as well.

After watching most of the youtube pov/park videos, this is what had me about the group (the number of gay men). So many internationally. I wouldn't have to go to bars to meet someone (friendships and such).

I just woke up so forgive my train of thought. Stayed up very late posting little notes and stuff....

Hello everyone! I've been a follower of this site for years, just officially joined yesterday. Heck I remember following the rec.rollercoaster group in my webtv days. Great to see such a diverse group here. Gay man here also! I am looking into booking my first TPR trip for the Texas/Mid-West 2013 trip.

I am sort of nervous but I read some of the TPR trip FAQ's and it seems it is not uncommon for TPR guests to go on the trips alone. I feel like I know some of you just from reading your posts over the years but in person I sort of clam up. Hopefully, if it works out and I get picked to join the trip then I can meet some great new friends!

Thanks! I really hope it works out for the trip. I've never been to Cedar Point....*hangs head in shame*

I am SERIOUSLY considering the Midwest trip. .

if I go, maybe we can carpool down to San Antonio for the starting point

Thanks! I really hope it works out for the trip. I've never been to Cedar Point....*hangs head in shame*

I am SERIOUSLY considering the Midwest trip. .

if I go, maybe we can carpool down to San Antonio for the starting point

Yes sounds great!

Hello everyone! I've been a follower of this site for years, just officially joined yesterday. Heck I remember following the rec.rollercoaster group in my webtv days. Great to see such a diverse group here. Gay man here also! I am looking into booking my first TPR trip for the Texas/Mid-West 2013 trip.

I am sort of nervous but I read some of the TPR trip FAQ's and it seems it is not uncommon for TPR guests to go on the trips alone. I feel like I know some of you just from reading your posts over the years but in person I sort of clam up. Hopefully, if it works out and I get picked to join the trip then I can meet some great new friends!

Welcome to the group. As long as I've been on here I've never been on a TPR trip as well and I'm considering joining the Midwest/Texas Trip too. I've never known anyone on here in person so I've always been too nervous about going on a trip without knowing anyone. Hope we can make it onto the trip. I'm always looking to make new friends considering my local friends aren't really into parks and coasters like I am.

Welcome to the group. As long as I've been on here I've never been on a TPR trip as well and I'm considering joining the Midwest/Texas Trip too. I've never known anyone on here in person so I've always been too nervous about going on a trip without knowing anyone. Hope we can make it onto the trip. I'm always looking to make new friends considering my local friends aren't really into parks and coasters like I am.

Same here!

Do not worry about not knowing anyone on a TPR trip!!! Everyone is nice! I have been on two and have made friends from all over the world that I keep in touch with pretty regularly. The only awkward day for me was the first day but after you find "that one" person you click with the rest of the trip is amazing!

Doubt I'll ever make it on a TPR trip, but really want to attend one of the TPR bash events.

Don't say that!! I used to think I did not have the money. Than I really thought about it and started saving a year in advance by putting $20-50 away every time I got paid than I would have enough. Also instead of taking my taxes and spending them on impulse purchases I save I used that towards my trips. Also Elissa is AWESOME with allowing you to make small payments for a trip every time you get paid or every week. She has many many many options to get people the opportunity to go on a trip if they really want to.

Also if you are worried because you won't know anyone there is no need to. EVERYONE is so nice on TPR trips. I made several friends the first day of both trips I have been on.

You could also find an event that is closer to you. Holiday World has HoliWood Nights (HWN) every year, which is a great time - and the flyer has just been released: http://www.holidayworld.com/clubs

HWN was always the "do not miss" event of the year for me (even back when it was called "Stark Raven Mad"!) until I went to Phoenix Phall Phunfest this year at Knoebels. Now I have 2 "do not miss" events every year!

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case this hasn't already gotten to everyone:

"Mallory was an invited guest Thanksgiving Day to her gf fam dinner & brother, Trais Hawkins Jr, has been arrested, charged, and released on bail for ONLY 2nd degree assault! Mallory had experienced a brain bleed, reconstructive facial surgeries, (metal plates due to crushed cheek bones), and skull fractures! This at best was an attempted murder! Mallory deserves justice for the horrific attack & by the Grace of God her long road to recover! It is reported that the accused attackers family stood by, did not intervene, and have threatened the victim family!"

Here is the petition to bring this guy to proper justice: http://www.change.org/petitions/mobile-county-alabama-prosecutor-bring-travis-hawkins-jr-to-justice

Please pass it along to your friends...

^In all fairness and reality, we do not know the whole story. Either way, it's not ok to beat anyone up. I know what it's like to have my face busted open and walk around with everyone wondering what happened, etc. Bad times (but there are always blessings somehow!).

There are reports now saying the girl is denying that it was due to her sexual orientation. The story unfolds...

Signed the petition.

I think its pretty sad it is 2012 and we still have to deal with things like this. Why do people care so much how I live my life? I feel like the reason is because they are scared of the unknown and the way they show their ignorance is to be vile.

Signed the petition.

I think its pretty sad it is 2012 and we still have to deal with things like this. Why do people care so much how I live my life?

^And I would add it's not even "how" we live our lives. It's WHO we are. More and more folks are realizing that gasping at a different sexual orientation (than their own) is just as pointless as criticizing someone for being left handed.

• 1 month later...

Well I was hoping to wait so I could put some distance between the current sad topic in this thread and this post, but this thread has remained quiet since the first of December.

I'd just like to say I came out to my roommate, my Mom and my Sister this last Thanksgiving.

I'm happy to say that it has become a non issue since then I I couldn't feel happier that is has.

I wonder how long it will take for it to stop feeling weird to say I'm gay?

Congrats man! I came out at 19... well admitted it to myself at least, only telling a selet few (who I trusted)... Didn't really "tell" others until I was about 23 or 24... And wasn't truly, truly comfortable just flat out saying it until I was around 26/27... its a different (and often complicated) story for everybody. Don't rush telling "everybody" you know. Not everybody NEEDS to know. Surround yourself with good trustworthy friends/family. It will get "easier" in time. Be "yourself" and the pieces will fall into place. Congrats again. Be careful. And have fun.

That's excelent for you!! I came out by accident when I was 23. My parents were both deceased so I was really only worried about my brother. It was awkward at first but after a few weeks it was fine. My extended family however, lets just say I still get monthly emails praying for my salvation and lectures on how I will burn in hell if I don't turn back.

Now that I am 34, in a more liberal town in Texas, everyone knows. It is the best feeling in the world. I'll even tell my patients if they tell me they are gay or lesbian. They seem to be more comfortable once they know and they can open up to me more than the other clinical staff.

Well I was hoping to wait so I could put some distance between the current sad topic in this thread and this post, but this thread has remained quiet since the first of December.

I'd just like to say I came out to my roommate, my Mom and my Sister this last Thanksgiving.

I'm happy to say that it has become a non issue since then I I couldn't feel happier that is has.

I wonder how long it will take for it to stop feeling weird to say I'm gay?

good for you!

(and it won't take long at all, because it's NOT weird, so you'll get used to saying it rather quickly)

(((HUGS)))