2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

....snip....and make it illegal for gay couples to adopt children.

It's already frowned upon but in some states gay men can adopt children, even babies.

Don't pay any attention to those youtube adds, if you want to know what each canidate stands for I suggest watching the presidential debates.

Good choice of where to get information.

I myself am Pansexual, I don't really find one gender attractive, I'm kind of blind with it all. I'm very ok with people of all gender identity's, and expressions, and I really don't care what you have 'down there'!

would this not make you Bi-sexual?

or do you consider yourself more than that (for example, open to a relationship with Transexual -- which is something I would "list" under Bi-sexual anyways).

one of my friends used to joke that he was "Try-sexual". . in that he has no preference whatsoever, and had no issues trying anything if the connection was there.

maybe this is the term?

(only because to me, I would think Pansexual would be open to *anything*. . such as those that fall in love and have sex with inanimate objects such as fences, carnival rides, or the Berlin Wall (and yes, this really *does* exist, and I make absolutely no judgement on it, just mentioning what I think of when I hear "Pansexual")

^Bisexuality and Pansexuality are often caught together a lot, so I understand the confusion. I'm going to try the best of my ability to explain!

Bisexual is the attraction for two (or more) gender identity's, most of the time being cis male and cis female.

Pansexual is the attraction for all genders, and gender identity's, including transgender, intersex, genderqueer, and anything else in the gender spectrum.

People who are bisexual can be trans-phobic, or only be attracted to cis people. While people like myself who are pansexual are really not seen as trans-phobic and can be attracted to any person of their interest.

I hope that makes sense! :3

EDIT -

Just to explain another thing.

Cis - It someone who is comfortable with their gender & sex given at birth. So someone who is transgender would not be cis, or someone who is genderqueer would not be cis, but someone who is male or female would be cis.

I myself am not cis, just for anyone who is curious.

I figure with my screen name as it is, I should chime in and say "hi."

We've come a long way, but many still suffer due to uneducated or miseducated folks.

I actually think it's more people who were raised wrong. Most kids in my school don't think anything of someone being gay, including me. But there are a few that don't feel that way, like this one Neo-Nazi in my school who thinks that "all gay people should die and rot in Hell." It's people like that that make me sick. I was raised Catholic, and Catholics usually believe that gay people are sinners, but I was raised different. I believe in equality, and the fact that people are still getting fired for being gay and being put in mental institutions for falling in love with someone of the same sex makes me lose almost all faith in humanity.

B "Straight guy for gay rights" Wade.

I figure with my screen name as it is, I should chime in and say "hi."

We've come a long way, but many still suffer due to uneducated or miseducated folks.

I actually think it's more people who were raised wrong. Most kids in my school don't think anything of someone being gay, including me. But there are a few that don't feel that way, like this one Neo-Nazi in my school who thinks that "all gay people should die and rot in Hell." It's people like that that make me sick. I was raised Catholic, and Catholics usually believe that gay people are sinners, but I was raised different. I believe in equality, and the fact that people are still getting fired for being gay and being put in mental institutions for falling in love with someone of the same sex makes me lose almost all faith in humanity.

B "Straight guy for gay rights" Wade.

I could not agree with you more! I really think it is going to take the end of my generation and the next one for us as a country to really see changes. If you go to a lot of high schools now in or near major cities gay kids are not as tormented as they once were. Gosh even when I was in high schools 10 years ago (I can not believe it has been that long) I was not tormented at all after I came out. Yea, there were people that had their comments but over all I was more accepted AFTER I came out. More people wanted to be my friend.

I know we don't do politics in here, but today's the day to cast your vote for marriage equality if you live in one of the states with it on the ballot this year. Just in case people aren't clear, if you support marriage equality:

Vote YES on Question 1 in Maine,

Vote FOR Question 6 in Maryland,

Vote to APPROVE Referendum 74 in Washington, and

Vote NO on the marriage amendment in Minnesota.

Just wanted to make sure everyone gets out and exercises their right to vote (and hopefully allows the 20-some percent of people on here who identify as gay to exercise theirs to marry)!

I know we don't do politics in here, but today's the day to cast your vote for marriage equality

It is always such a sad thing that equality has to be fought for! It is really sad that civil rights and equality are considered politics and even need to be debated on. I however also encourage anyone to vote for the amendments for when you go to vote (if you haven't already).

Not only in Maryland - in Maine and Washington as well, and Minnesota struck down an amendment to ban it!

Maine was great news also because they had marriage equality and then those "prop 8 people" came and it ended up being taken away in 2009. I took part in phone calls then and was upset when it was banned.

It's great to see 4 laws passed for equality with the people voting!

I was in a long distance relationship for 2 1/2 years with someone I met at Dragon*con. . so of course, he lived in Huntsville Alabama, and I lived in Austin Texas.

but after that ended (honestly, if we lived in the same city we wouldn't have lasted that long), I met my soulmate online.

at a "dating" site.

and it turned out he lived in Austin less than 2 miles from me.

and he grew up in Houston -- less than 2 miles from me.

and we went to the same High School (but didn't know each other, due to an 8 year age difference (he's older than me)).

we are 9 years in January

so yeah. It will happen when it happens, and when it does, it's meant to be.

^Congrats! That's a sweet story

thanks

yeah, it's shocking that we even synched as much as we are opposite, but we have a bunch of stuff in common too (theme parks being one of em -- tho these days, he won't go on many coasters, so he "waits". . LOL).

and he can never EVER forget our anniversary, since we first met in person (our first date) on January 23rd 2004: 1/23/4

I told him a few years ago if he ever forgets that, I'll kill him

^Some of us do not go to bars (But for those of you that do - by all means - enjoy it!) It's historically part of our culture, but things are-a-changing (thankfully!).

I have wondered why there are so many tlbg/glbt/bacon-lettuce-tomato folks in coaster fandom. Maybe some sort of power of the force Disney connection? Or maybe just a coincidence.

likely Disney I would guess.

same reason there are so many gay comics fans that hang out at the site I go to (since the writer was on Wonder Woman for a long time, and many sought out her messageboard due to that).

so yeah, Gail Simone's board has a lot of gay/bi/trans posters.

I only go where I feel comfortable, and that includes here and at Gail's board.

as to your clubbing comment. . oh yeah, agree. Tho that tends to be part of the "younger" culture, that many of the 30+ gays seem to out-grow. But it is an important part of the culture -- to go to a place and be surrounded by those who are like you, and won't judge you (well.. they'll judge you . . . just listen to about *any* Smiths song, but they won't base it on your sexuality )

oh, the stories I could tell about my ex, since he was "straight" until we met, so he wanted to do all the Parties/Clubs/Bars things. . stuff I had already gone thru and was over. It made for some interesting vacations!. . LOL