2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

Sharon Needles better win Drag Race tonight. I have the feeling it's gonna be Phi Phi, unfortunately. I loved her... Until she became a huge a$$ to everyone. Chad Michael's is already famous so she really doesn't need to win anyway :/

EDIT: I just learned it's NOT the finale tonight, but it's just highlights from the season. NEXT week is the finale!

Edited by smartestcoasterkidever!

^ You should watch it. It is SOOOO much fun!

And I agree - SHARON NEEDLES all the way. I freaking LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE her. Her look is over the top, she is funny as heck and she truly seems like someone I'd like to hang out with.

D.

^ You should watch it. It is SOOOO much fun!

And I agree - SHARON NEEDLES all the way. I freaking LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE her. Her look is over the top, she is funny as heck and she truly seems like someone I'd like to hang out with.

D.

I agree! So annoyed Latrice went instead of Phi Phi last week. Latrice was definitely a favorite. As is Sharon. And Chad's really good too. One week to go!

• 3 months later...

I miss this thread

Still gay here!

Also - Sharon Needles from DragRace is going to be in my town in October with Raven following in November. I never, NEVER go to the bar they perform at here in Savannah (I am pretty far removed from the twink population that inhabits the place) but I will DEFINITELY be going to see each of these performers!

David

I miss this thread

Still gay here!

Well good! And if that ever changes let me know, I will try my hardest to re-convert you!

Oh another note, it's been ages sense my last post hear! Ugh how life gets in the way pooey! Oh well, things are all nice and calm finally! I can once again spend the hours I should be hard at work enjoying the happy times here at TPR!

Thinking about coming out to my parents... But I feel like i'm stuck. My sister, 4and a half years older then I, came out as a lesbian 2 years ago and my mom can still hardly stand it. Every time she needs to complain about my sisters sexuality or how she dresses, she comes to me. My mom and her family is very prejudice. As it is, my sister has to hide her identity from the rest of the family just so she can still be accepted as part of the family... I just don't even have a clue how upset my moms gonna be when she finds out she has two homosexual kids. I feel like she's going to be embarrassed, and she's going to blame herself. Any advice would be appreciated.

^^ You need to talk to your Sister about this. That way you will have someone in your family that knows. You will know the right time to tell your mother, but until then - having someone in the family that knows and will keep your confidence will make you feel SO MUCH BETTER.

Families can be very tricky. Just be patient and go with your gut.

D.

^ this exactly! The first person I ever told was my older brother when I was 15 (he was already 24 at that time.) While he isn't gay, he had always been very supportive of gay rights and had several gay friends, and I knew I could trust him. It was all eating at me, but when I told him and he was supportive and happy for me, it felt like there was a HUGE weight lifted off my shoulders. It wasn't until I was almost 20 that I came out to the rest of my family, and he never once betrayed my confidence.

As for youR mother, and the rest of your family, the only thing you can do is give it time. And you never know, when that time comes, they may very well surprise you (just look back at one of my earlier posts to see what I mean.) But in the mean time, talk with your sister. Make friends who understand what your going through or who are supportive of the LGBT community. Build up a good support network that you can turn to until your ready. Trust me, from experience, it REALLY helps.

^ I think I may the only gay guy that does not watch that show and I am really into watching drag shows at the clubs. I just never watch TV.

I do not watch it either...or the drag shows at clubs. Never got into that culture.

Personally, I am REALLY interested on the correlation between theme parks and gays. Here, we have about 30% of users whom are gay. Recently, I heard about 20% of the population is homosexual. I was thinking about this the other day at the gym (like the good gay man I am), the only theory I came up with is that amusement parks provide an escape from reality. With consistant discrimination or segregation, amusement parks provide that escape to where everyone is welcome without a worry in the world. Who knows. My drink is empty, time for a refill.

Thoughts?

I think you are on the right track. Theme parks are A: larger than life and B: offer thrills and excitement and C: an escape from reality.

Generalizing here - but we (the gay community) often have more disposable income and don't have kids of our own. I know - I know - remember, I'm generalizing here. We can go to an amusement park/theme park and basically do the things we couldn't do when we were kids like not worry about paying for fast passes/food/drinks/etc. I know for myself - after spending so much of my life NOT being able to be myself and do things that I wanted, the theme park experience is a luxury.

I also think there might be a correlation with adrenalin and the gay community.

David

^ While it may be a generlization, it's true for myself and several of my friends. While we had to put a lot on hold sense last November when we bought our house, my partner and I are back in a position were we have the money to start traveling again. That seems to be our big think. Last year we took trips all over the US (NYC, Chicago, Boston) and took a cruise in the Mediterranean... And now that we financially back on track, we already have 2 big trips planned for next year (an Alaskan Cruise and a surprise trip to Disney World for my 9 year old neice)... Now we have talked about having kids of our own and such, and maybe we are a little selfish, but we both agreed that we like the disposable income and time that comes with just being "us" to travel and be with each other. My mother even comments how having a child would drastically change our life style (she's in the "you two should have a kid" column lol)...

Still gay here!

No way me too! I had a feeling you might have switched though

Yes, I have told my sister. I feel a lot better knowing that there's someone else in my family, that is close to me, who has gone through what i'm currently going through. Thank you everybody!

I hope everything works out for you! I hate hearing about the fear of people coming out. I can see where it might be harder for you to come out after your sister but at least you know you mom is still talking to your sister. She will eventually come around and accept you both for who you are.

My mother even comments how having a child would drastically change our life style (she's in the "you two should have a kid" column lol)...

Being gay and having a kid, it most likely would. Although I couldn't imagine my life without my daughter even as she is going to be a teenager next year and driving me insane!

^^ You are going to have to beat the boys off with a stick - Devon is such a pretty girl!

There is a good chance that Charles and I will be taking Guardianship of his 14 year old neice. I'll probably have a LOT of questions for you when that happens