Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw a Cheveron yesterday with the highest I have ever seen:

Reg-$4.60

Mid-$4.70

Prem-$4.80

Diesel-$5.10

But remember, Cheveron now has Techron.

These prices are 'normal' around here...I wonder if they'll ever provide financial aid for gas, or if we're going to start needing to pull out loans to fill up 1/4 of a tank. What would happen if we did actually boycott gas? What sor t of effects would it have? Would prices lower, or would they still continue to rape us for our money?

Reg-$4.60

Mid-$4.70

Prem-$4.80

Diesel-$5.10

These prices are 'normal' around here...I wonder if they'll ever provide financial aid for gas, or if we're going to start needing to pull out loans to fill up 1/4 of a tank. What would happen if we did actually boycott gas? What sor t of effects would it have? Would prices lower, or would they still continue to rape us for our money?

Really? I was just in the East Bay on Saturday & Sunday and they all seemed a little bit lower than Sacramento. I got gas at a Shell in San Lorenzo for $4.43. It must have changed.

Working on the average of some of the prices here.......

If we were paying our prices in the US, it would equate to $10.45 per gallon

so at the moment, we are paying twice as much as you guys, you are all paying the same as we were about 7-8 years ago......!!

Extortion

I wonder if they'll ever provide financial aid for gas, or if we're going to start needing to pull out loans to fill up 1/4 of a tank. What would happen if we did actually boycott gas? What sor t of effects would it have? Would prices lower, or would they still continue to rape us for our money?

I openly laugh at the idea that there will be financial aid to assist people who bought $40,000 cars and want to still drive them. But ignoring that, let me answer your primary question. If we boycotted gas for one day, there would be no change unless (and this is a big unless) people decided to, you know, do something other than drive their car. People are in denial about what is happening and are in many cases refusing to do that. Not that many of them have a choice. I wouldn't mind taking public transportation to work, but the savings off $30 a month at the cost of over three hours of my day in transit on one of the most pathetic busing systems around doesn't fit my needs at the moment. Of course, we could invest money into that rather than try and cut gas taxes (who wants to be the politician who says the "holiday" is over on Labor Day?) or save stupid people's mortgages, but that will not happen.

According to the US Vice-President canidate, Dwight K. Schrute, he is tring to get the US to start using Beet Juice as an alternative fuel source. He said:

It is more efficient and better tasting than gasoline
Sounds good to me.

--Chris

Reg-$4.60

Mid-$4.70

Prem-$4.80

Diesel-$5.10

Really? I was just in the East Bay on Saturday & Sunday and they all seemed a little bit lower than Sacramento. I got gas at a Shell in San Lorenzo for $4.43. It must have changed.

Our absolute lowest (In Hayward) is $4.49...only a couple stations doing that. The Chevron around the corner from my house just went up to 4.57. I'm sure that little sad & pathetic loner generic gas station jacked it's prices up to 4.70..just a guess, haven't checked it recently. I guess it really depends on what part of town you're in, and what stations are nearby to compete with. Gas needs to go back down, people need to end their greedy habits before it gets worse...but it's not going to happen anytime soon...

Working on the average of some of the prices here.......

If we were paying our prices in the US, it would equate to $10.45 per gallon

so at the moment, we are paying twice as much as you guys, you are all paying the same as we were about 7-8 years ago......!!

Extortion

Um, Europeans have always paid insane TAXES on gasoline the likes of which the USA has never seen.

The servo up the end of our road is selling it for $1.60 Australian per litre. Which is scary, because not a few years ago it was only 90 cents.

I have no idea what that is is gallons or US dollars. Why isn't America converting to the Metric system? It would make things so much easier for the rest of the world.

Reg-$4.60

Mid-$4.70

Prem-$4.80

Diesel-$5.10

Our absolute lowest (In Hayward) is $4.49...only a couple stations doing that. The Chevron around the corner from my house just went up to 4.57. I'm sure that little sad & pathetic loner generic gas station jacked it's prices up to 4.70..just a guess, haven't checked it recently. I guess it really depends on what part of town you're in, and what stations are nearby to compete with. Gas needs to go back down, people need to end their greedy habits before it gets worse...but it's not going to happen anytime soon...

I guess it does just depend where you are at, and I was lucky. And I hate how companies decide to get greedy at the worst time, like gas and airplane companies. The Cheveron next to my house the other day had 3 different prices for regular, each one went up by 10 cents.

--Chris

Regular is up over $4.50/gallon now, and diesel is approaching $6.00.

There's a station here that's selling full-serve premium for $5.999. I'll have to get over and take a picture of the price sign.

Eric

Gas here is $3.85 on average but with 3 factors coming into play here it may reach $4.00. July 4th is coming up big summer thing so big foreseen rises in prices. Investors are going after gas instead of gold and silver (on CNN) it said this is causing an uproar in prices which JUST hit $140 a record per barrel. Also another key factor in this which should effect gas prices and make them go down but because of the fuel market will make it go up..The Saudi's are opening some new out post or something and it is said to make fuel drop below $135 a barrel but we all know that "anything" done these days even a sneeze can cause the market of fuel to go up over $150 a barrel.

And I hate how companies decide to get greedy at the worst time, like gas and airplane companies.

huh? How is it that companies are getting greedy "at the worst time"? So long as you didn't take a mortgage you didn't deserve to have to begin with, the gas prices ARE the source of "the worst time". As in that is where the increased cost of living, the biggest challenge for most Americans right now, is derived from.

You do realize that 90+% of gas stations are owned by companies who neither drill for nor refine crude oil, right? I'm sure they don't want the prices to be high since people are [supposed to] buy more at cheaper prices. And airlines HAVE to raise fares to cover costs since, well, a huge chunk of their costs are fuel!

Its down to $3.90-ish here, I haven't had to pay $4 yet. $4.60ish for diesel, since that keeps getting mentioned

In France Gas is becoming more and more expensive: since a few months its price turns around 1.40/1.50€ (wich is about 3$ if I remember). This is totally crazy! It's gonna be like the movies: Mad Max!

Next year, I'm 18 and I'll try to have my car license, I'm not so happy to pay so much my gas.... I don't have any job so that really sucks to lose money so easily.

Hoping electric cars are for very soon...