TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gas Prices where you live

Right now gas is around 3.40. But when we drove to New Jersey, I saw the cheapest was 2.97. Go figure....

New Jersey has always been known to have the cheapest gas...I don't know why. I do find it funny how the government of New Jersey prohibits customers to pump their own gas because "they don't trust them."

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just filled up my car at $3.799 for regular unleaded. Earlier, I passed a station that sold premium unleaded for $4.059. Naturally, Diana's car takes premium...

But you know, we do nothing about it, so the oil companies continue to stick it to us. My CR-V gets 25 mpg overall, but I continue seeing so many big trucks and SUVs. That makes sense for large families or businesses, but too many kids these days want big trucks for some reason. They drive them like race cars and have to fill them up every half hour---pissing and whining all the way.

Y'think if we all took it easy, slowed down, and walked whenever possible, instead of driving, it might ease demand and drop the prices a bit? [/tree hugging hippie lecture]

Eric

Right now gas is around 3.40. But when we drove to New Jersey, I saw the cheapest was 2.97. Go figure....

New Jersey has always been known to have the cheapest gas...I don't know why. I do find it funny how the government of New Jersey prohibits customers to pump their own gas because "they don't trust them."

Elizebeth NJ has the refineries I use to live in NJ. Down here in SC though, its $3.12 a gallon.

^ It's interesting that your diesel is less expensive than gasoline. Here in the U.S., it's quite the opposite. That's why the truck drivers are having such a hard time. Their rigs get five or six miles per gallon, so fuel costs for them have soared. And, of course, the cost of trucked goods is soaring as well.

Railroads aren't safe from this, either. The price of diesel fuel to power locomotives is raising their costs as well.

Eric

^^Don't drive an SUV/Hummer maybe?

I found that 7-11 sells their premium pretty cheap compaired to everwhere else. The 91 octane stuff was only $3.44 where as at every other place its $3.64. They sell 93 octane for that price, but I'm not that fancy.

Gas is $3.21 a gallon. I filled up my car and it cost me $96.00 I was so depressed, and to think I have to fill my car up every other day.

~Matthew

What kind of car do you drive to have a 30 gallon tank? If you have a SUV, truck, or tank. Get something smaller.

Locally, 3.45 for the cheap stuff. On Saturday, I filled up at 3.30 something a gallon for 91 octance. Cost me 45 dollars 2 marks above E. I could have made it home, but the light came on 16 miles before my hourse and I was right near a exit on the interstate. I got 29 mpg with about 10 miles city driving and 381 mostly interstate on my way to Six Flags St. Louis.

What kind of car do you drive to have a 30 gallon tank? If you have a SUV, truck, or tank. Get something smaller.

I have a Ford Explorer. Its nothing big so I never thought that it would get God awful gas mileage but I was so wrong. For crying out loud HUMMER's get better gas mileage... well H3's do anyway! If I were not deathly afraid of riding in a small car and did not still owe out the a$$ for mine I would so get a smaller car!

~Matthew

Gas is $3.21 a gallon. I filled up my car and it cost me $96.00 I was so depressed, and to think I have to fill my car up every other day.

Maybe you mean $69? Because that would be maxing out an Explorer...

Its about $3.25 for regular unleaded here. I laugh to think that the prices in Europe aren't shooting up, and consumption isn't going down. People bitch but still pay for the stuff.

After my pilgrimage to SoCal, I don't think I'll ever complain about gas prices out East ever again. $3.80 a gallon is ludicrous. I remember when I first got my license, gas was $0.99 a gallon!

Bring on the switch grass, folks!

Lucky, when I got my license, gas was around 1.30 or something. I don't even remember .99 cent gas.

Now I'm trying to find the article on one of the local news websites that talks about the possibility of 4.00/gallon gas during the summer. My mom told me last night they had someone on the newscast talking about it and how it's the gas companies fault for gouging the prices. So hopefully the Federal and State governments will step in to put a stop to it.

definitely not price gouging, which is pretty hard to prove anyhow.

As the guys on Top Gear said... its actually quite remarkable that they can spend all that money drilling for oil, ship it halfway around the world, refine it in billion-dollar facilities into a product for use in cars, transport it to the local markets, and then sell it for the price they do sell it at.

Government intervention into the market would actually be bad. It could cause shortages.