TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Night Club Age Limit is SEXY

I don't know much about night clubs because i never go, but i was under the impression that they were either 18+ or 21+ and maybe the cost is different for different ages or sex (like it costs more if youre 18 because you cant drink or women drink free or women enter at a lower cost) but there is this new club opening up around me that only allows "ladies" 18+ and "gentlemen" 21+ and i find this to be ridiculous, and sexist. i have even heard from women friends (who are underage) that theyve not only gotten alcoholic drinks at clubs but they have gotten them for free!!! Bull**** i say....now dont get me wrong im not a square, but i am just pissed that women can get away with this. This age thing is just so pathetic guys can lure young women that are my age (19). i really would like to protest the opening of the club but ill be in orlando on my trip to animal kingdom and universal haha. But if you guys can enlighten me on the age limit on clubs that would be cool. i really dont find this to be american at all how is this equality? its segregation is what it is!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will NOT go to another club haha its the principle of the matter. im not complaining really because im not so much of a club guy but if this was "white guys 18+" "black guys 21+" the black guys would complain as is expected so i feel i have a right to complain

More than likely, it has to do with the owners previous experiences with "guys your age" acting like complete tools on 18+ nights, and the women pretty much behaving themselves.

Or, previous experience with no women whatsoever attending and it being more of a sausage-fest than nightclub.

You have to do what you have to do to draw in a crowd.. if it means that the proprietor wants to set age limits differently, that is certainly his right.

He can also ban baggy pants, gang colors, etc.

Maeryk

haha yeah but the point is im tired of women getting special treatment and it's really not fair for the guys my age.

Get used to it - they get special treatmeant in a number of ways.

Is this just a Florida thing? I had never heard of this until my WDWCP. We were looking for local clubs to go to and there was one that was girls 18+ and guys 21+(Metropolis i think it was). I always thought they did it to make sure there was a larger amount of girls to guys so it wouldnt seem like a sausage party.

I've also heard of clubs that are 25+ and cater to a "more mature" crowd.

Here in Vegas, everything is 21 and up and pretty much as long as you are willing to pay and dress like you have money, you'll get in. How much money you have, however, determines if you will stand in line for 4 minutes or 4 hours.

I don't agree with the age limit difference (sounds like illegal discrimination), but women's underwires set off metal detectors, and a bouncer waving a wand around a woman's breasts can be accused of sexual harassment, as can his employer.

true 18 year old guys CAN act like dickheads but so can drunk 21 year olds...and you know what goes on in these clubs is that the guys buy the drinks and give them to the younger girls. in that sense it's not only not fair to the guys my age but also the women for being taken advantage of

yep thats the way it works.... like it or not but yeah thats it... right or wrong.... but look at it this way where would you rather go a club known for trouble full of drunk teen boys or a club with less trouble full of hot chicks....... ummmmm does that need awnsering

of course thats one of the reasons i would complain but the main thing is it just doesn't seem right to set those age limits...like all of my *girl* friends from high school could go to this club and i wouldnt be able to hang out with them...and you know if you were 18,19, or 20 youd be pretty upset about it and if you try to look at it from an objective standpoint you might see that there is something wrong with this policy

^ I agree the policy is kind of stupid, but that club is not the only option. It's not like every girl in your town is going to hang out there, leaving all you "immature" 18-20 year old dudes drinking warm Mountain Dew and playing Halo in your mom's basement.

Maybe I don't see what the big deal is because I can count the amount of times I've been to a club on one hand. You're 19, right? Aren't there some college parties that you could go to? Parties are way more chill than some club that charges $20 to get in the door and then $10 for something to drink. Then again, maybe I'm just not a fan of listening to super bass heavy club remixxxxxes and seeing a bunch of creepy 40 year olds wearing Armani Exchange and reeking of Axe hitting on some 19 year old "Girls Gone Wild" candidate who's drunk on free blended appletinis.

(imho)

yeah dude i dont go to clubs and really i dont care i just figured since my town is pretty boring it might have given me something to do some frday nights when there is nothing to do but play halo and drink warm mountain dew haha but youre right parties are better

^^Preach on brotha, preach on. Throw your own party if you're so pissed off at the club...

(Personally, I've never seen the appeal of clubs myself. Like Wes said, $20 cover+$10 drinks+bad music+super crowded dance floor=not so fun).