TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Waldameer Discussion Thread

Like Jason I too am a lurker and while the timing of the creation of my account seems suspicious I'll get to ride RFII whether or not I'm needed for this event. I've been following this ride since I caught wind of it back in 1998 and made plans to visit Waldameer in June.

If this is anything like the filming event done at Kings Island for Delirium in 2002 its a neat thing to be a part of. There was a lot of standing around, but when we got to ride it was a lot of fun. I only lasted about 8 cycles on it and I actually held on a lot longer than many of those who showed up for the filming. After that event I didn't think anything of it until a friend of mine in Cincy called me from a Wendy's in the middle of summer to tell me that I'm on the placemat and a cup advertising Delirium at Wendy's. Kind of neat to see the green look on my face on a Wendy's cup. Fun times!

~Rob Willi

Rats! I don't think that I can waste a vacation day, otherwise it sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Most of my days are already booked up through the rest of this year to go to other parks, but I plan on hitting Waldameer and RFII in May/June.

Have fun guys!

I have just sent out the email for everyone who made the event and who is on the waiting list.

At the moment we had more people sign up than we had spots available. So I do thank everyone for being so enthusaistic about this!

I will let you all know via email if someone drops and we can add you to the list.

--Robb

I got my email from Robb saying that I am in! YEA!

I was wondering if anyone else from the Cleveland area is going and would like to carpool with me? I will drive alone but would be more fun if I could share the ride with someone.

Also, will we be allowed to bring any food, drinks or snacks for the day since the park isn't open?

Robb, I got the email and I'm certain that I'm going, but I was wondering if American Eagle or polo shirts were alright. If not then no big deal, I can always buy a new shirt.

Yeah, no...sorry.

The reason is that this is a B-Roll shoot so if they end up using the footage for a TV commercial, Discovery channel show, whatever, they don't own the rights to those logos and they would have to be blurred out.

The only rights owned for any logos is the park logos or TPR.

--Robb

I would love to go, but I'm not sure what my wife, who is not a TPR member, would get to do while I would be riding. Is there anything for non-members and non-riders to do during the filming?

There are nice places she could go during filming like Presque Isle or the Tom Ridge Center.

I am very excited for the shoot. I am 150% I will be there!

I got my email from Robb saying that I am in! YEA!

I was wondering if anyone else from the Cleveland area is going and would like to carpool with me? I will drive alone but would be more fun if I could share the ride with someone.

Also, will we be allowed to bring any food, drinks or snacks for the day since the park isn't open?

Check your PM.

~Rob Willi

Nice pics.

I'm really looking forward to this. Hopefully it stays on schedule to open the 17th.

The sign says Ravine Flyer II is 3 tickets. Does anyone know how much tickets are? I was there last year, but I can't remember.

Not sure whether it'll be cheaper to get tickets or a wrist band for a quick stop.

I didn't realize how beautiful the area around the park is! The lake looks awesome.

Somehow in the two times I've been there I failed to realize just how close to the lake the park is. But some of these pictures make me go "Hey wow it's really a great setting for this coaster."