TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Six Flags Darien Lake

The super excellent writing part of this bitchin' trip report will be written by 307 [the greatest person ever], while the pictures will be provided by the lovely and equally great shesaidboom. She is in no way influencing what I am writing. [ps she's awesome]

So we're going on our big Mid-West [sorta] road trip next week but we decided it would be a good idea to purchase the $59.99 Six Flags seasons passes from Darien Lake, rather than waiting 'till we got to Great America next week where they cost roughly $30 more.

CAN ANYONE SAY RIP OFF LOLOLZ0RZ?

Anyway, this is Nikki [psst that's shesaidboom]'s first Six Flags park. I warned her that this place sucked, but I'm pretty sure she didn't properly grasp the suck factor until she walked in.

It was pretty amusing seeing a parking lot that had, oh, about 100 cars in it ["Less than that!" - Nikki] but yet the park was completely full. There were probably more school buses in the lot than cars. Well it was amusing until we had to wait in line and stuff. Stupid Six Flags decided it'd be a great idea to take their two most popular coasters [superman and Predator, which I'm assuming is popular because of it's location near Superman/the front of the park] and run one train on them all day, resulting in amazingly long lines.

I found this quite LOL'able because people were actually WAITING TO RIDE PREDATOR. That's like, standing in line to get hit in the ribs with a baseball bat. People should just not do this! Unfortunately we didn't get a picture of the people. I would've liked to photoshop "MORON" over each of their heads.

Long story short, Superman's line was like two hours and so was Predator's, so we skipped them in favour of a Boomerang, which was honestly the best decision EVAR~!

Boomerang broke right before we got on, trapping two people in the back car as their restraints wouldn't open. So, whilst the ride shut down for about 25 minutes, and about 10 park employees showed up [and none of whom did anything], the ride op decided to play a game of Six Flags trivia. Of course, your awesome hosts won the game and as a prize - received two exit passes to Superman! Good things do happen to good people!

We eventually got on Boomerang and then made our way to Superman, where we surpassed the line of pissed off people [who had just waited two extra rides due to OTHER PEOPLE who were stuck on the Boomerang and also got Superman exit passes], and took a nice ride. Yay Superman. WOOSH.

Blah blah blah, we went on Viper and the terrible, terrible SLC and then back to Superman for our second ride, also via the exit. My favourite part is that as we entered the exit for this ride, we saw people getting off the ride who had just entered the queue two hours earlier as we got off of our first ride. So, while we rode the other rides, they were waiting like suckers!

Anyways, this place is a dump, not particularly good looking, doesn't have any good rides outside of Superman, and has terrible operations. Oh and the pathways are pretty disgusting, too. Bird poopie everywhere and lots of barf residue. But at least they have cheap season's passes.

Unfortunately, Nikki didn't get her Predator credit, so we'll have to come back to get that. YES, WE ARE TRAVELLING TWO HOURS FOR PREDATOR. SOMEONE PUT AN ARROW OVER OUR HEADS SAYING "MORON".

Kay pictures.

31.jpg.e8761686a2c51f18bdb9fe6f2a259c3e.jpg

We passed Martin's Fantasy Island on the way home, we still need to get the Crazy Mouse credit.

30.jpg.02bcca2debdb1a65b8531e93c2aa5901.jpg

Bye bye Superman.

27.jpg.6f5a9e98918309ce1424fe0d0072d360.jpg

Splash boat to nowhere!

26.jpg.98dd4e73a9685c0181b915058a07476e.jpg

Apparently I don't know how to take straight pictures of lift hills.

23.jpg.8c23a2c9ef32d246ba19b85e409967b4.jpg

Jer kisses the boo boo I recieved from the SLC.

22.jpg.701b1c988a15089ad41dc628e3094471.jpg

This is what Jer thinks of hang n' bangs.

21.jpg.4dac5d3ec758298db490349ec9d2afdf.jpg

Here's one for the foot fetishists.

20.jpg.d4d7e33753f7d6e0d2e68ef06a2b22c1.jpg

Coming out of the brake run at approximately .0003 miles per hour.

18.jpg.dca60e7788c9ab2f8ca2e972a7ff1e06.jpg

Viper is a very painful ride. Not as bad as Mind Eraser though.

17.jpg.cb27971fd474ec5649bcfe844a8af0e8.jpg

The water park was suprisingly busy despite the mild weather.

15.jpg.cc0617895c68bdeb0f88b7317677b75a.jpg

Here Jer enjoys said exit passes.

14.jpg.5a3021218e59635e45416201442a5471.jpg

Train is fixed.

13.jpg.ea27baf8d233c2a763475df7e481ca2d.jpg

Meanwhile, this ride op started a trivia game which we kicked ass at and won two exit passes.

12.jpg.6ca09fdf5b36c7ce2b43aa5e0cce6af7.jpg

He took the panel off the back car and screamed at it until it worked.

11.jpg.ada8b29a3f507528edbc18135dd34c23.jpg

One mechanic got to work, while 10 other employees stood around and did nothing.

09.jpg.dc4c769498afe255328f84f07eaded38.jpg

Stuck on Boomerang. This girl's friends made sure everyone knew she was stuck by yelling at everyone walking by. Watch out for exclusive pictures on her Myspace.

07.jpg.ecb5d39aa033687a65bb7633c3d9b91f.jpg

"Hi, I am Jer. I enjoy long walks on the beach and cuddling by the fire with a warm cup of cocoa."

06.jpg.abe4bd7c623753946a40bfe6f1059001.jpg

This one is for the Sideloop Fanatics.

05.jpg.f8f7e97b989e2e0563244cd3c567cd2f.jpg

Exclusive shot.

04.jpg.935140c70a137f33bf0ccfb1ce257747.jpg

This photo was the beginning of a long and *gasp* rewarding boomerang experience.

03.jpg.f153c8441edb13f49b73aba3b0bcd677.jpg

Yay lift hill.

02.jpg.be5ba0622166c51c1c374e10ca0afad5.jpg

Superman has a crappy station. It also has a really long line and bad operations. WOO! ONE TRAIN!

28.jpg.2cf21ccb1124a74d7ee4d31f16e96f51.jpg

Slide surgery.

01.jpg.4c2b54a8b256d91a90914e0893ab932b.jpg

They were taking apart a water slide.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two hours just for a Predator credit? You may as well just throw yourselves down 10 flights of stairs. It's really the same experience. Lol.

I'm really dissapointed to see SFDL not improving since last year, when Shapiro made it sound like all SF parks would improve. One train operations on S:ROS is pretty rediculous. (SFA has been running two on theirs lately even) Predator is not popular, it's just got four minute intervals so the line seems really long when it's actually just slow loading. Even with two trains, the ride has four minute intervals, and that includes when one of the trains is run empty (they do this alot).

Only Viper is consistant for having good operations. That ride is almost always running two trains, even if there's 3 people in line. Ironically, Viper is also the only coaster in the park with the ability to run three trains at once, but that hasn't happened in years, and likely never will again.

Only Viper is consistant for having good operations. That ride is almost always running two trains, even if there's 3 people in line. Ironically, Viper is also the only coaster in the park with the ability to run three trains at once, but that hasn't happened in years, and likely never will again.

Yeah, we only had about a five minute wait for Viper and there barely was any sort of line, but there were two trains. Mind Eraser was also running two, which surprised me as I thought that was a coaster that was either a] a victim of the Six Flags "must have one major attraction closed every day" motton and b] never ran more than one train.

LOL!!!!!!!! That was the best trip report ever! AWESOME captions! And you captured the... charm... of SFDL so wonderfully!

I've heard lots of things about Darien Lake, but I never thought everything I heard would be true. I guess this will teach me to listen to others

Two hours just for a Predator credit? You may as well just throw yourselves down 10 flights of stairs. It's really the same experience. Lol.

You know you're a credit whore when

We'll most likely go when we can stop at Martin's Fantasy Island on the way back since the crazy mouse wasn't open yet when we were there last.

I'm really dissapointed to see SFDL not improving since last year, when Shapiro made it sound like all SF parks would improve.

I was surpised to see Superman only running one train. In many Six Flags trip reports on TPR people have been saying how operations at all the parks have been improving. They were pretty quick with loading/unloading, but you'd still think they'd put on another train once the line got past a certain point.

From what I was told, they are waiting on parts from INTAMIN for the second train, if you noticed, it's no anywhere on transfer.

I really thought SFDL was a nice little park. Not a top park, but has a nice little charm and the employees were very nice and Predator wasn't that bad in my view .. rough, a few .. OWs .. but nothing like the Rattler or Timber Wolf at WOF.

Actually, I've had a couple of decent rides on Predator as well. Usually after it rains, and in the front seat, it seems. It's still very rough, but at least not horribly painful like usually seems to be.

The park has an Arrow Looper and Boomerang that are actually smooth, so you'd think anything would be possible, but I guess not..

Actually I thought the boomerang was one of the better ones I've been on. Certainly above PCW and GL's versions.

The Arrow was a lot smoother when I rode it in 2001, but it was pretty terrible this year.