TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Can someone answer a DeJaVu ?.....

I've never ridden it coz I thought since it's an inverted coaster, the harnessess were like other inverted coasters--they don't latch down all the way. Is this true for DeJaVu or do they latch down hard against you so you won't fall out? To me it would make sense for safety. How about V2? (Vertical Velocity) how are the harnesses on that one? Do they latch down against you for that 90 degree thing?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What do you mean by not latching down?

Most all come down till they rest against you then are secured by a seat belt. You have multiple mechanisms in the restraint plus the seat belt which pretty much usually ensures you go NO where.

What I mean by not latching down all the way is....When I pull the harness down, it ratchets down till it clicks no more but there's still "play" in the harness which means I can still move it back & forth a few inches. I know there's a belt that fastens from the outside bottom of the seat area to the outside of the harness but I hafta put a death grip on the harness so it'll hold down against me. I saw on my coaster dvd that on DeJaVu, it LOOKED like the harnesses were snug against the riders. Some riders weren't even holding on as they went backwards up the lift. That's what I'm asking about. Do the harness fit snuggly against the rider like when a lap bar comes down & locks in place then doesn't move? Or is there still "play" in it? Does the ride(s) have seat belts that belt around my waist to hold me in the seat or is the belt you refer to just the safety belt on the outside that fastens the harness to the seat? Thanx for your input. I appreciate it.

Sounds like you may be skinny.

I know on myself there are several inches of 'play' between the restraint and my body. I took one of my small 11 year old friends on it and it was even worse for her. Threw us both around like ragdolls! Bad designing if you ask me, the restraint should always come in contract with your body.

It has a seatbelt for your waist (often becomes loose during the ride, and the extra slaps at your leg!) and it has a failsafe belt connecting the harness to the seat.

Hope this helps.

Thanx SharkTums your answer helped a lot. No, I'm not skinny anymore. I had a baby & my skinny body went out tha door! But I still have problems with the harnesses. I fit in the seat no problem at all but I always feel like I'm gonna fall out (hince the death grip). You'd think me gaining weight would help w/the harness holding me in better BUT if there's a seat belt like you say, I might give it a whirl. Thanx again to those who replied!

Don't worry about falling out. That won't happen. If it does, please, please don't hurt me.

Deja Vu harnesses are quite different. If you are lucky enough to get to a park when it's open, ride it. The harnesses are quite snug and there's a "lap" safety belt along with the harness (if my memory is correct).

Impulse coaster harnesses are more like regular invert harnesses. There will be some play, but that's necessery for the vertical stop. Without play, this stop would be rather meaningless.

I went on Deja Vu at Great America two years ago. The harnesses were really bad. I hated them so much. I did not feel secure at all. In fact, without the nice and snug lap belt, I would have been thrown around a ton. However, if Vekoma would fix that issue, the harnesses would be good (in fact, I really like that extra bar that goes across at the chest.) Just make them tighter!

As A Deja Vu op, I'm going to have to say that it is really subjective. It fits perfect on about 60% percent of people but then you have some people with a unique body proportion and it can have a quite a bit of "play" but of course you wont fall out. Have fun riding. This ride always scares me so you should have a nice thrill in store for you.

Well the one at SFOG, I had a little bit of room. But they wre on their 2nd set of trains at that point. They were updated so instead of looking like a normal inverted OSTR, it has this kind like hard netting that goes up most of your chest. I felt quite secure, and I am pretty skinny.

This might sound more philosophical than I intend, but to really ride any coaster you have to trust the restraints. Even if you have a death grip on your restraints and they were to suddenly fly open, you would not be even 1% safer on any coaster featuring inversions. I'll admit, the first time I rode Deja Vu and was pulled back up the first tower I held on tight, but I soon discovered that that offered no extra protection other than peace of mind. Now when I ride DV- I let my arms and legs hand limp- all the way backwards up the tower. There are 3 safety fail-safes on this model and it's well worth riding. You have a 100000% more chance that it won't be operating than it to actually be operating and you fall out. Trust me, and trust the restraints, if it's working, RIDE IT!!

This might sound more philosophical than I intend, but to really ride any coaster you have to trust the restraints. Even if you have a death grip on your restraints and they were to suddenly fly open, you would not be even 1% safer on any coaster featuring inversions. I'll admit, the first time I rode Deja Vu and was pulled back up the first tower I held on tight, but I soon discovered that that offered no extra protection other than peace of mind. Now when I ride DV- I let my arms and legs hand limp- all the way backwards up the tower. There are 3 safety fail-safes on this model and it's well worth riding. You have a 100000% more chance that it won't be operating than it to actually be operating and you fall out. Trust me, and trust the restraints, if it's working, RIDE IT!!

I approve this message The only time i held on on Dejavu was when i rode the very front seat lol but i let go right before the drop, i mean what difference does it make, if you fall out you're screwed either way lmao not that that will actually happen though enjoy the ride

Deja at SFMM has newer restraints than the first time I rode it like 2 years ago or a year ago. They used to have a belt that went across your chest like a seatbelt in a car and then a seperate one across your lap then they had the harness which wasnt as snug as the current ones are.