TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What do you hate most in a themepark?

What do you hate most in a themepark?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. What do you hate most in a themepark?

• long Qeues
    • unfriendly staff
    • closed attractions
    • little girfluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo screamin' at the top af their lungs in rollercoaster
    • high entrance fee/food
    • bad food
    • lack of theme

Well I do hate it when rides are closed, followed by long lines.

There is another thing, mean guests. When I was at PKI 3 weeks ago, after my Beast ride, I realized I forgot my hat, so I ran back up the exit and on the way up, this kid starts yelling at me, "HEY KID, WRONG WAY!!." I wanted to punch that kid so much!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the above? Basically, any park that isn't Holiday World...because HW gots it right in just about every category. I don't mind the screaming, but the worst is the Six Flags 10 dollar hamburger and 50 dollar entrance fee, as well as bad food/unfriendly staff, closed attractions (lame), and long queues (though that's just a part of life, I guess)...

My vote is for closed attractions, and long queues is next...mostly because closed attractions tend to CREATE long lines in OTHER attractions.

High ticket prices don't really bother me because I usually take advantage of every discount I can, be it season passes at SFNE to AAA tickets for others (or, even cheaper than AAA, discount tix from the military base I work at). Besides...even paying full price, you can USUALLY get your money's worth (barring any aforementioned closed attractions).

As for other costs, high food prices are annoying but tolerable, but parking fees are outrageous...paying $8-$15 (or more in some cases) just to walk TO the gate? Suppuse I decided after parking that I didn't want to stay? Would I get a refund? Prolly not.

Past worker here for BG, I HATED (dealing with and seeing) line jumpers. I've actually witnessed perhaps 20 something fights over the 14 or so years because of this incident alone. And when I say fights, I do NOT mean 2 women screamin and smacking like WWF. I mean brutal fists and JCC police coming and so on. Hmmm, come to think about it, it was ONE way to clear out the BBW (lower) que before closing time..lol

Sorry, I just had to add that!

One thing I did not see on the list and I may be in the minority here, but the WORST idea EVER is...

CHARGING PARKING FEES! I don't like them, don't believe in them, and having customers pay for them. Even BEFORE they enter the park for crying out loud. WORST MGMT DECISION EVER!

Rude park guests and old men who push you while in the line for the Jurassic Park ride at IOA. People who walk incredibly slowly and take up entire walkways or stop entirely right in the middle of a busy walkway so everyone behind them has to navigate around them or push them out of the way to get by. Slow ride operations..it shouldn't take 5+ minutes to dispatch one train unless there is a problem or something. Long lines, but when parks are busy those can't really be avoided.

I completely hate line jumpers.....and I'm not trying to be racist or anything but those asian tourists that line jump are the worst! You try to tell them nicely not to line jump and what do they do? Stare at you and keep walking...ARGH!!! I also hate it when a certain roller coaster can run 2 or more trains and it's a crowdy day and there is ONLY one train running ...ARGH

Also hate the following:

It's hot, the line is long and the people infront of you stink of B.O

Highly priced food that tastes like crap

Visiting a park for a certain attraction but only to find that the attraction you visited the park for is closed...

Unfriendly operators

People who walk around critising everything they see in that park....EXTREMELY ANNOYING!!!

::.."]It's hot, the line is long and the people infront of you stink of B.O

LOL! I so completely agree with you. If your with someone, your having a nice chat, and the smelly person infront moves and you get a huge whiff of B.O.! Its just ... eww!

Out of the choices I'd say expensive, over priced food that is otherwise crap along with expensive overpriced tickets.

Queue jumpers also annoy me - if caught they should not only be not a loud to ride, but ejected from the park for making peoples visit unpleasent.

1. Long lines. Definitely. I never visit the parks in the summer holiday with a few exceptions to the rule.

2. Then unfriendly frustrated staff but this is very rare.

3. Closed attractions. Well, depends which one attractions .