TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What do you hate most in a themepark?

What do you hate most in a themepark?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. What do you hate most in a themepark?

• long Qeues
    • unfriendly staff
    • closed attractions
    • little girfluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo screamin' at the top af their lungs in rollercoaster
    • high entrance fee/food
    • bad food
    • lack of theme

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really mind lines, and bad food does nothing for me - we either bring our own or it's an ACE event. High enterance/food fees do make me mad - my home park, Adventureland, which is puny and rather boring for everyone, is chargin $75 for season passes (and this is a discount). I almost said little girls screaming on rides, but it's mostly the big girls screaming on little rides that I hate. I can't stand it when staff is unfriendly, but I have other more important things to worry about (like whether the park has real mini-donuts). I like theming when it isn't overblown, but I don't really dwell on it.

Therefore, closed attractions is my choice. I drive all the way there and it's closed. Tsk, tsk, tsk. At least my home park isn't Fantazy Land, but then I'd be glad everything was closed.

For me it is line jumpers, but long lines are a second too. I also hate it when a group of people walk like this:

edge of path:llllllllllllllllll:edge of path.

Right on...

Even worse is when they link hands. Needless to say a friend and I "broke up" several groups this past Friday at Disneyland that were trying to walk through crowded pathways like that.

OOOH! I forgot about line jumpers! It's so funny how dumb they are!

Seriously, though, if line jumpers or, even better, misbehaving guests, was up there, that would be my answer.

At WoF on Saturday, there was a group behind us in line for Patriot. One of them was smoking. Another was about to light up. There were a couple signs that clearly read "NO SMOKING." Under this they said "Violators will be asked to leave the line." We calmly pointed this out to them and the "leader" of their little group started yelling at us. "OMG, you idiot! That's like those 'no trespassing' signs! No trespassing beyond this point! No smoking beyond this point!"

Later, in this same line, the group in front of us pulled out their sharpies and began writing on the walls. Sadly, they were granted their ride on the bird, even after being caught twice.

I'd rather have a closed ride than a long line. At least with a closed ride, you don't have to wait for it and can move on. If you went there specifically for a particular ride and it had a long line, you'd have to wait the whole time, just hoping it didn't break down.

So, my final answer...a ride that isn't closed down on park entry, but that breaks down while you're in a long line for it! (ala Kingda Ka....3 hours, SAT on the train, broke down for the day!)

Closed rides really urk me. It is one thing if it is closed because of a safety issue or weather, but half the time it is caused by a lack of staff to run the rides. IF the park can't afford to staff the park, then I imagine that one would run into more issues besides a few rides being down. Just my own 2 cents.

Long queues. There is nothing more I hate at a park then standing in a long line. It's boring, tiring (after walking around the park all day who wants to stand for over an hour?), and you can sometimes be in line with "undesireable people"

I've never really been to park with unfriendly staff except at traveling carnivals. When I go to a theme park rides usually aren't closed. Xcelerator at KBF was closed once when I went a few weeks ago. I buy and print my tickets online for SFMM and pay only 28 bucks apiece. The longest I've ever waited in line for a ride was Dejavu at SFMM which was only 35 minutes. The worst thing at a theme park in my opinion would be the price and quality of food. It's just a waste of money.

I've never really been to park with unfriendly staff except at traveling carnivals. When I go to a theme park rides usually aren't closed. Xcelerator at KBF was closed once when I went a few weeks ago. I buy and print my tickets online for SFMM and pay only 28 bucks apiece. The longest I've ever waited in line for a ride was Dejavu at SFMM which was only 35 minutes. The worst thing at a theme park in my opinion would be the price and quality of food. It's just a waste of money.

I hate the fact that there is no theme parks in my country!

But out of the list i had to pick closed attractions!If i travel all the way to a park and pay my money i expect the attractions to be operational!

I went to Terra Mitica and there was no queue's and it was great first and second time round but after that we got sick of the rides and didn't really appriciate tem cause we didn't have to wait!

Line jumpers are the worst, hands down. But of the choices up there, I guess long lines would take it. I will rarely, if ever, wait more than 30 minutes for a ride I have ridden before. Closed rides don't bother me so much because parks don't just close down rides for the hell of it just to make people mad. They generally only close them when there are technical problems or other problems that would compromise safety.

-Julie

And let's not forget people who scream on lift hills. Or just shout annoying things over and over and over on lift hills. For example, at PKD a few weeks back, there were these two guys on Shockwave who insisted on shouting "Hey, that's my girlfriend! I know kung fu!" all the way up the hill, right in my ear.

That was one day that I wished I knew kung fu.

how about early closing? Many times I've been to PKI early in the season and there's scattered thunderstorms. The sign when I bought my ticket clearly states "The Park will Close at 9:00 tonight" or something similar. Then after the rain has already CLEARED UP(!!!!) the loudspeaker says due to inclimate weather the park will be closing at 6 today. LAME!

-James Dillaman